Day 17: England vs Germany | Sweden vs Ukraine (Ro16 7&8)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
England would do well to take off Kane for DCL or Rashford tbh. Especially Rashford with his pace and movement in behind. Kane is irrelevant this tournament.

shahzy

Has Harry Kane's physical attributes deteriorating already? He seems slow and lethargic

Jack-C20

What’s the point of crossing when he’s loitering 30 yard from the goal?
Because there’s no chance he’ll be anywhere near it to feck it up?

But seriously, tell him to push up and just let him do what he does best. Finish.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any bets for how many subs will be made before Kane?

Anustart89

Don't get the Kane criticism, we have almost no attackers to pass him the ball. Can put prime Rooney there would make no difference
At least Rooney would try and put some effort in, which means that he might make himself available for a pass once in 35 minutes of football. Kane's just been hiding from the ball, no wonder nobody's able to find him.

Josep Dowling

Kane has done nothing again. Not even attempting to win headers. Would be better off with a false 9 in there if he’s not going to contribute anything.

kiristao

Maguire is doing well to being the ball out of defense. I would have thought Walker would be the one doing it but he hasn't done it once yet.

Dante

Average bang
so what’s the tactic ? Backward passing?
Germany are sitting VERY deep. I think they're afraid of the pace of Sterling/Saka.

I guess the obvious counter to that is to put on Grealish. But then Germany would probably stop playing so deep.

I don't think we're in desperate need to make a change. England have been comfortable so far.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thought England have looked good, surprised at the posts in here asking what the tactic is, whatever that means.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Don't get the Kane criticism, we have almost no attackers to pass him the ball. Can put prime Rooney there would make no difference
True, but Kane generally drops deep when he's been deprived of the ball. He isn't even doing that tonight.

Something is off with him, as it has been throughout the tournament.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Got to admit, I'm agreeing with Nicky Butt re Rice.