Day 17: Morocco vs Spain | Portugal vs Switzerland (Last 16 7&8)

PoTMS

Hakimi looks a shadow of the player he once was. I know he's just come back from injury recently but he's been one of Morocco's worst players in the games I've watched in the World Cup.

Sylar

haha, always funny when players are down in agony, the opposition touches them and they get up in anger :lol:

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Amallah and Ziyech are done. Needs to get changed asap. As predicted, first goal nicks this game. Too little between them.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Total Spain dominance now. Perfect purist football from them I say. They'll win it now or in extra time. Morocco are done physically.

Stocar

So the Costa Ricans were drunk or something. This is the same Spain from last summer.
If I remember correctly, they played better than super attacking and exciting European champions Italy and went out on penalties in semi final.

marktan

Morroco have nothing in attack, they're waiting to concede or waiting to go to penalties.

Feel like Hakimi should play further forward for thenmm, only one that looks decent on the ball

redshaw

Spain will push in the last 10 hoping for some kind of breakthrough. Could allow a break for Morocco but probably Spain will force an error and grab a goal.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Hakimi looks a shadow of the player he once was. I know he's just come back from injury recently but he's been one of Morocco's worst players in the games I've watched in the World Cup.
Best RB of the tournament, what do you want him to do? He can't bomb forward when Morocco are playing 4-6-0.

PoTMS

Nico Williams has done more in 2 minutes than any other Spain attacker the whole game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Williams should be starting. He looks better than Torres

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
The 2 on the back of Pedri's shirt looks like a Z.

Yes, I'm that bored.

Stocar

There's a difference between teams trying to play football but not having enough quality to make it count, and those being reactive and cynical from the outset.

Sadly, most people prefer the latter, and football also seems to reward opportunism. Oh well.

PoTMS

There's a difference between teams trying to play football but not having enough quality to make it count, and those being reactive and cynical from the outset.

Sadly, most people prefer the latter, and football also seems to reward opportunism. Oh well.
I'm sure you'll get over it.

Hoof the ball

Caf logic.

"Spain. Tiki taka so boring."
"Morocco have every man behind the ball..."

"..... Spain. Tiki taka so boring."

Same old shite every time. Free pass for the self preservationists and vitriol for the progressives.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
See, that's where Spain frustrate the life out of me. Morata breaks their line and plays a ball back across the goal and literally no one is in the box.