Day 18: Croatia vs Brazil | Netherlands vs Argentina (QF 1&2)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's no way Neymar is fit. I've never seen him this sluggish.

Cloud7

I don't think there's any referring decision as ingrained in my brain as Nanis red. Everytime I see a high foot not given it reminds of that decision. Peak ref decision rage.
Same, but I tend to see it as Cakir having made a total mess of it rather than that being the standard to which other refs should officiate. For example I would have hated to have seen a red given there.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Vinicius has been better than Neymar.
They're both disapointing so far, Neymar is the only one able to find players in the last third between the line but messed up several times, Vinicius runs a lot but so far the end product is underwhelming.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Seems like Brazil are taking their time and waiting for Croatia to run out of gas.

Dazzmondo

Croatia have been better in 1st half. Think Tete needs to change something at half time, maybe bring Neymar deeper to help Brazil's midfield which is struggling against Croatia's 3.

IFC 1905

There is absolutely no way Croatia can win this. Brazil is clearly waiting for their moment, and according to the Cariocas footballing bible, it will come from a Lucky deflection/rebound/ silly mistake from any Croatian defender.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Croatia should concentrate their attacks on Vinicius-Danilo's side.

marktan

Both teams look leggy, not too surprising since they both played on Monday.

France and England should be a cracker as both teams will have close to a week off.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Which is funny because defensively he's good for Celtic but doesn't contribute nearly enough offensively.
The WC does that on occasions, makes me think of Laxalt, the urugayan wonder from 2018.

kidbob

United were linked with him but then again we were linked with every right-back in the world.
Thankfully at this point our biggest concern is getting Dalot to sign a new deal and hoping Laird can prove good competition to him. At least not a problem position anymore.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Boring so far. Just like every other Croatia game at the tournament.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Croatia in complete control of the midfield which is stifling Brazil - also Neymar has been really poor. Perfectly poised for the second half.

demetre

There is absolutely no way Croatia can win this. Brazil is clearly waiting for their moment, and according to the Cariocas footballing bible, it will come from a Lucky deflection/rebound/ silly mistake from any Croatian defender.
Are you trying to jinx them? :)
Croatia is a good match for them today. Could go either way.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I can see Portugal beating this Brazillian team in the semis. They better not let that happen.

the_cliff

Half time thoughts:

Modric is still world class. Brazil midfield struggling to get on the ball.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
The WC does that on occasions, makes me think of Laxalt, the urugayan wonder from 2018.
Yeah that's true. Funnily enough, we also had Laxalt at Celtic and he was genuinely one of the worst players I've ever seen :lol: Was so excited after watching him at that WC.