Day 19: Morocco vs Portugal | England vs France (QF 3&4)

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
So impressive from Morocco, absolutely deserved that win.

What was going on with the City contigent? Cancelo and Silva barely looked able to pass a football. So weird.

Bruno and Dalot did pretty well I thought, sad for them, but please come home safe. Was Dalot hurt at the end? He pulled up and then came off, but didn't hear why.

OmarUnited4ever

First african team to participate in WC: Egypt in 1934.
First african team to win a game in the WC: Tunisia in 1978.
First african team to make it to the second round in the WC: Morocco in 1986.
First african team to make it to the semifinals in the WC: Morocco in 2022.

North Africa FTW. Fantastic campaign so far, totally deserved.
Wasn't Senegal the first African team to qualify for QF in 2022?

miked99

Morocco are fantastic. Not just a defend and hope team, they've got bags of skill and technique.

That defender in the 95th minute who decided he'd just casually dribble his way out of defence :lol: I had my head in my hands, but he casually slalomed past half of Portugal's attackers like it was it was nothing :lol:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Morocco looked dead on their feet by the end. Think England or France will waltz past them, but then, who knows at this World Cup.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The lack of self awareness from some of you losers, laughing at one of the greatest players of all time from the back of your gran's single wide is disturbing.
You do sound like a winner. :lol:

Kaos

Now that PR7 can feck off to obscurity, I can actually get behind this Portugal side. They're a top team and will look very good in the Euros and beyond IMO.

fezzerUTD

I lost 20 quid on this but it was worth it to see ronaldo and weasel face diver fernandes go out.

MalaysianRed7

Disgusting behaviour by Ten Hag. His disrespect caused this Ronaldo performance. Ronaldo has to do another interview with Piers Morgan to expose this fraud.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The Manchester City bunch were the most gormless bunch. Dias, Silva and Cancelo, so disappointing.

We had it good during the prime Ronaldo years, now with this bunch I think we will struggle to qualify. We have no players to step up.

Conor

Santos is such a crap manager, not sure I've ever seen the Portugal lineup and thought 'Yes, that is who they should be playing'.

Dazzmondo

England v France winner wins the World Cup. Morocco are rubbish and Argentina over-rated.
Incredible that this arrogance still exists after Spain, Brazil and Portugal, all tipped by loads of people at some point in the tournament to win the whole thing, have all been dumped out by underdogs

phelans shorts

Morocco can beat England or France too.
They were looking very, very tired by the end there. Sure there’s 3 full days by the next game but they’re struggling. If Saïss isn’t back it’ll be a major loss.

If they were fresh I’d definitely agree, they are so well organised and just seem to find a way when they do break (and the speed at which they do break is terrifying). Great side to watch.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Portugal wasted the first half, no one was brave enough to take players on, no one was brave enough to bring the ball forward through the middle. Slow, shit. After they went down they resorted to shit crosses. Deserve to be out.

If England or France do the same and not be agressive or quick in their passing - they'll lose too. What could work for them is having Kane/Giroud in the box, people that can head the ball.

ManUtd1999

The Manchester City bunch were the most gormless bunch. Dias, Silva and Cancelo, so disappointing.

We had it good during the prime Ronaldo years, now with this bunch I think we will struggle to qualify. We have no players to step up.
I saw absolutely nothing from Silva. Did he even play?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Better side than all of them, obviously not 100% nailed on to win but clear favourites for me.
Okay, that's very different to what you said. Tonight will be their biggest test so far. Agreed they're favourites to win the cup though.

Real Name

Well done Morroco!

Glad to see Portugal out, they're full of diving cnuts, Dalot and Bruno excluded.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Okay, that's very different to what you said. Tonight will be their biggest test so far. Agreed they're favourites to win the cup though.
Yeah I was exaggerating for effect. They should beat England who will be a tough test but they probably have enough in the locker and nous to win.

OmarUnited4ever

2022 ? You meant 2002 surely and no they weren't the first
Yeah I am having a mare ... Meant 2002

I am talking about the QF, since Morocco was the first to qualify to knockout games in 1986 as per the original post I responded to

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I saw absolutely nothing from Silva. Did he even play?
Horrible and that's not uncommon. Bernardo Silva for the national team has been very irregular. One decent performance and about 3 anonymous