Day 19: Morocco vs Portugal | England vs France (QF 3&4)

DevilRed

Rashford for Foden IMO. He has been invisible. Bellingham has been the best player on the pitch for England, no one else really stepping up.
Rashford for Rice.

hederson and bellingham drop deeper while Foden plays behind/in tandem with Kane through the middle.

fecking we need to go for it.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
You conveniently cut a few seconds before that :lol: . There was an obvious pullback on him before that. Whether that was enough of penalty or not is up for debate.

But "Literally no contact" eh.
I didn't cut anything. It's not my clip.

And if you think a hand on the shoulder causes someone's knees to buckle then you're beyond deluded.

BorisManUtd

Think other than great goal by France, England have been good, could've scored on few occasions.

Castia

Have they? France are letting England have the ball knowing they can contain most of what England would like to throw at them. They are looking to hit England on the break for the 2-0
Getting nothing out of the counter attack though are they? England should have had a pen, Kane had a 1v1 saved and then had a decent 25 yard shot out for a corner

Its not like France are hanging on but if we can get that first goal I can see us getting 2/3

tjb

2 excellent sides and a very even game. France are happy to play on the counter. England's defensive shape when they lose the ball has been really strong and Southgate deserves a lot of credit for that. Could still go either way but I still fancy France for the win.
I don't think people are going to give Southgate enough credit for that. They've had a solid shape against the counter. They've also done a decent job on keeping Mbappe off the ball

Moriarty

2 excellent sides and a very even game. France are happy to play on the counter. England's defensive shape when they lose the ball has been really strong and Southgate deserves a lot of credit for that. Could still go either way but I still fancy France for the win.
England need more pace up front. Foden not seeing much of the ball at all.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Have they? France are letting England have the ball knowing they can contain most of what England would like to throw at them. They are looking to hit England on the break for the 2-0
They're showing decent in game management. Conserving energy and protecting their lead. We only really had the Kane chance that troubled Lloris during that decent 15min spell after we conceded. Then France steadied themselves and have been comfortable.

England ultimately aren't going to get the result as we're being tactically out played by the better Manager.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Mount should be on for Henderson. He's got a better engine than Henderson if you're worried about defensive duties but he's also got much more quality.

If Mount comes on he'll score.

Siorac

England are playing better than I expected, really, but France are squeezing the life out of the game quite efficiently.

Pretty much everything went down the right side for England - Foden is not involved at all so the attack is desperately lopsided.

Bobski

Very tight game, England have actually done really well in restricting Mbappe and Dembele with Giroud pretty anonymous but not creative enough at the other end. Upemeanco looks a mistake waiting to happen. Griezeman best player on the pitch.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Foden not involved at all. England through the middle just struggling to really do anything. Need a lot more technical quality. Also need a threat in behind.

I'd take off Henderson for Rashford, move Foden to 10 and Bellingham to drop deeper. But even then, I dunno. Maddison if anything is the guy who England really lacks in midfield.
Maddison is not playing a minute of this competition. Southgate doesn’t like him.

DevilRed

England need more pace up front. Foden not seeing much of the ball at all.
kounde is doing a good job of keeping him quiet.

Varane looks top class too. Nothing bothers him. Kane doesn't have nearly the pace needed to get in behind him either.

Idxomer

Good game but a shit atmosphere, nothing like what the Moroccans and Argentinians created in their games.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Englands tactical decision not to press is mental. You can’t stand off players of this quality and let them play on their own terms.
That’s the difference between the teams. As soon as the ball comes to our midfield France are all over us, legally and illegally. We just watch them play then wonder why it goes tits up

Josep Dowling

Assessment is we have done nothing to deserve anything from this game but neither have France. They get luck with a poor officiating and England don’t. Always the same in tight games in tournaments. I can’t believe any referee could say the Kane foul wasn’t a foul, even if it’s outside the box.

RopersReturn

Rice is hiding again, other than that we need someone more effective down the wing. Could probably bring Grealish on, to draw fouls near the French area? Quite worried about this one tbh.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m not really sure how Henderson has had so many plaudits this tournament, he might be a leader and a good communicator but he’s not performing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Grizou is the only player on the field in his attacking groove. Everyone else for both teams have been cagey or underwhelming

DevilRed

Englands tactical decision not to press is mental. You can’t stand off players of this quality and let them play on their own terms.
That’s the difference between the teams. As soon as the ball comes to our midfield France are all over us, legally and illegally. We just watch them play then wonder why it goes tits up
Press?

One step at a time will ya for southgate. He's only just learnt you don't need to play 5 at the back.

BarryWinks

As someone who never wanted us to sign Griezman, I love watching him in the french setup. Probably the most intelligent footballer at this world cup. He knows where his teammates are at any moment and moves the ball into those zones to create overloads and work angles for others. Great player.

glasgow 21

has anyone from abroad got the potential penalty when Moroccan defender went to ground ? No Var review and no replays ,why ?
The way this match is going, I can see us equalising but the tit of a ref and the twerps in the VAR room finding anything to disallow it. Inept cnuts.
no point in moaning now there has been numerous var /ref decisions and failures to even look at var for other teams but everyone including the commentators were happy to go along when it wasn't happening to England.

Redderp

England with a lot of possession, but pedestrian tempo. Created feck all except the two times Kane single handledly turned Upamecano.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
Sorry but watching the saka replay it isn’t even debatable that is a free kick all day, absolutely mental thats not give