Day 2: Portugal v Spain, Morocco v Iran and Egypt v Uruguay

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Clearly stuck a leg out and caught him, and some people posting it's not a pen after a millisecond of viewing it :lol:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
I take it this Nacho fella is a better player than Azpilicueta? Because Jordi Alba damn sure isn't, and I assume only a bona fide moron would start with two inferior fullbacks and keep one of the best defenders of the world out of the starting 11.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Of course it's a penalty, ffs. Nacho went nowhere near the ball and put his leg in front of Ronaldo. Only way to avoid it was to jump over it and an attacker doesn't have to do that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Spain's start has been shocking. Portugal all over them. In their warm up games Spain looked so composed. So far...shaken. Lopetegui going has had a visible impact. Can see Portugal doing numbers here. 1-0 up and more to come..?

peridigm

I'm glad he missed that one. The RM rumors would have been relentless. Not that they aren't now...

el3mel

Actually it's a dive, but couldn't come against a worse team than Spain for me. :D

Sigma

Should have brought VAR into it there....what's the point of it If it's not used in situations like that?
It was used. You just didn't notice it because they didn't act on it. One of the things people were complaining about was the delay, not much of a delay there was there?

Jim Reaper

was a pen. should not be sticking you leg out and making a bad timed challange int hat situation. ronaldo made it seem worse proberly but it was a penalty. if that was a united player in a game at old trafford we would all be screaming pen.

Renegade

Nacho over Azpi is strange in hindsight. Isn’t Carvajal the first choice Madrid RB?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Quite a clear pen. Unsure why everyone is getting worked up over it. He stuck his leg out in the exact direction Ronaldo was going, Ronaldo ran in his normal direction and fell.

chiz2kul

Contact in the box = penalty. Yes it was soft, but there was contact. Not sure what the crying is on about. VAR can't overturn that.

Kearnkoff69

Whatever you think of the call, the silver lining is that this will open the game up a lot, which is only good news for neutrals. I want to see both teams go at each other.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hope Portugal don't go into a shell now, they have some very good attackers.