Day 2: Portugal v Spain, Morocco v Iran and Egypt v Uruguay

0161_UNITED

Hmm. So that’s Russia, Suarez’s lot, and Iran so far. At what point can we don a pantsuit and use the term “deplorables”

I.Am.The.Night

I predicted 9/11 for Spain. Cant believe Hierro starts Nacho on RB. Odriozola deserves a chance. Hierro is playing it too safe. I thoight Thiago was ahead of Koke but it's a decent choice.
De Gea
Nacho - Pique - Ramos - Alba
Busquets - Koke
Silva - Isco - Iniesta
Costa

For Portugal I got 10/11. I was thinking between Fernandes and Joao Mario but decided to put Mario in lol.

Patricio
Cedric - Pepe - Fonte - Guerreiro
Moutinho - Carvalho - Fernandes
Silva - Ronaldo - Guedes

Absolutely stunning lineup from both teams. Can't wait.

ninjaskill

My fear is that own goal confirms our crossing belief that good things can happen when you hit the first man with a cross

ninjaskill

My fear is that own goal confirms our crossing belief that good things can happen when you hit the first man with a cross

Dante

Average bang
A poor Portugal side against a Spanish side in upheaval. I honestly can't guess what will happen.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
A poor Portugal side against a Spanish side in upheaval. I honestly can't guess what will happen.
Wouldnt say Portugal are a poor side, they have a better group of players then they did at the Euros with Guedes and Bernardo Silva as starters now, and Ronaldo still hammers in goals all the time. Plus they are current European champions.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Guess I'll be favoring DDG and Spain. Herrera didn't even come close to their WC squad did he?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I didn’t want Iran to win but he commentators made a good point. These players just wanna play good football and what their nation does isn’t their fault right. They suffer so many sanctions and can’t even play friendlies.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Tbh, apart from their CB's, Portugal's XI doesn't look too shabby.

Darkhorsez

I didn’t want Iran to win but he commentators made a good point. These players just wanna play good football and what their nation does isn’t their fault right. They suffer so many sanctions and can’t even play friendlies.
Thanks for adding this. These are the really important points that some folks miss. They essentially try to compare these teams’ style of play against European sides. Totally unwarranted. Nike just pulled out of providing boots to Iran’s team ffs!