g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 20: Brazil vs. Colombia

Sam

Ian Wright saying Hamez with some sort of Caribbean accent :lol:

ccfc4

Both games were riddled with play acting and diving today.

Germany wont stand a chance if Brazil are allowed to get away with fouling players out of games again, they played Stoke City kick and rush in that 2nd half, was fecking embarrassing.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
:lol:

No, people actually hate him.

People hated him before they even saw him play. It's beyond just the diving mate.
I think he just represents the typical celebrity footballers of today who are hyped up to the heavens before they've achieved a lot. Of course, he's now achieving more and showing he's actually worth the hype, but people aren't going to start liking him because of that. His play acting remains and it's a major reason for people to dislike him.

RustyS

Muller is as big a diver as Neymar is and the Muller love-in approaches orgy level at times. So the theory that Neymar is hated because he dives doesn't hold water.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Germans please knock them out...

Regular goal disallowed,no red card for julio cesar.. its all a big farce
I hope brazil get the dodgiest of all dodgy penalties in the last minute of the final and win.
I'd love to see the look on your bitter face then :lol:

ctp

I seriously don't get why you're all slating the referee. He let the game flow and got all big decisions spot on.

Congrats Brazil, showed great spirit. Shame for Colombia, really like their team.

alastair

ignorant
The referee and his assistants got the most major decisions right. The offside was correct as was the yellow for the penalty.

The problem is that he was not strong enough to book the Brazilian players and the systematic fouling he permitted on James was a shame on the tournament. An absolute disgrace of the highest order. Proceeding to book him for his first challenge after Fernandinho and Paulinho steamrollered through the back of him on numerous occasions was sickening.

Every marginal call went with the hosts as well. Whenever the opportunity to blow was there, he took it.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
This thread! Hope Brazil wins the whole thing, unless it's against LvG in the final. Also really hope Neymar is OK! He doesn't infuriate me nearly as much as Müller, the latter not only dives but also keeps complaining all the time!

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
I think he just represents the typical celebrity footballers of today who are hyped up to the heavens before they've achieved a lot. Of course, he's now achieving more and showing he's actually worth the hype, but people aren't going to start liking him because of that. His play acting remains and it's a major reason for people to dislike him.
Fair enough.

Still think it's crazy to want him to get injured. You'd think he was a racist cannibal or something...

manufanatic

"crazy"
Lads and lasses Columbia wasn't professional in this game and they let Brazil off. Fair play to them they made there games required viewing. However Brazil and Germany is I heavyweight semi. Let's see if the argies and Flying Dutchmen give us another heavyweight semi as well. Personally I want Belgium but it will be fun tomorrow

RustyS

Both games were riddled with play acting and diving today.

Germany wont stand a chance if Brazil are allowed to get away with fouling players out of games again, they played Stoke City kick and rush in that 2nd half, was fecking embarrassing.
They'll be really upset that, despite being in the semifinal, ccfc4 on RedCafe is embarrassed by their performance. :(

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Fair enough.

Still think it's crazy to want him to get injured. You'd think he was a racist cannibal or something...
A lot of people don't like this Brazil side and if Neymar gets injured then they're missing their most important player and biggest threat in the semis. Not condoning wanting someone to get injured, but I'd imagine that's a big part of it as opposed to a desire to see Neymar get badly hurt.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
The ref was terrible. The football was terrible.Brazil have abandoned the football that they are famous for and admired for.
Never thought I'ld say it but come on Germany.

Anustart89

Lads and lasses Columbia wasn't professional in this game and they let Brazil off. Fair play to them they made there games required viewing. However Brazil and Germany is I heavyweight semi. Let's see if the argies and Flying Dutchmen give us another heavyweight semi as well. Personally I want Belgium but it will be fun tomorrow
You sound like a pundit, albeit a shit one.

Anustart89

you sound like a newbie but a permanent one
Cracking response, fella :lol:

That post was an abomination in terms of grammar, clichés and the ridiculous inclusion of calling Holland the "flying Dutchmen", and frankly, sounded like something a shit pundit would say in the post-game analysis.

Starryknight

The referee and his assistants got the most major decisions right. The offside was correct as was the yellow for the penalty.

The problem is that he was not strong enough to book the Brazilian players and the systematic fouling he permitted on James was a shame on the tournament. An absolute disgrace of the highest order. Proceeding to book him for his first challenge after Fernandinho and Paulinho steamrollered through the back of him on numerous occasions was sickening.

Every marginal call went with the hosts as well. Whenever the opportunity to blow was there, he took it.
I find it amazing people are even arguing about the offside decision.

Think the ref was just trying to let the game, but he should've dished out a couple yellows early on.

Also as lucky as Fernanadinho was, Zuniga got away with a studs up challenge on Hulk in the first half and a knee to the back on Neymar in the second half...