Day 22: Brazil vs. Germany

labamba

sick of all the conspiracy theorists... they say Brazil - Argentina was meant to be, though Brazil could have been so easily out by Chile. Same with Argentina with the Swiss... also what other major decision has Brazil got apart from Fred's dive? About the red the whole world says it wasnt a red. Read here: http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/29uwaw/was_julio_cesar_supposed_to_get_a_red_card_for/

You don't give a penalty (an almost certain goal) AND a red (one man out, possibly worse than goal) for a non clear goal scoring opportunity. People should just forget the bias and enjoy the good matches.

The 4 teams that deserved it so far are still in. I believe Brazil will go to the final, but there, Argentina will be the favourites, they just seem too solid.

jesperjaap

sick of all the conspiracy theorists... they say Brazil - Argentina was meant to be, though Brazil could have been so easily out by Chile. Same with Argentina with the Swiss... also what other major decision has Brazil got apart from Fred's dive? About the red the whole world says it wasnt a red. Read here: http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/29uwaw/was_julio_cesar_supposed_to_get_a_red_card_for/

You don't give a penalty (an almost certain goal) AND a red (one man out, possibly worse than goal) for a non clear goal scoring opportunity. People should just forget the bias and enjoy the good matches.

The 4 teams that deserved it so far are still in. I believe Brazil will go to the final, but there, Argentina will be the favourites, they just seem too solid.
I think Brazil got the benefit of a lot of decisions in the Croatia game, which is probably why these theories have stuck. I agree with you they havent been given so much since...until the Columbia game which went both ways. The referee tried not to book players, which usually in a world cup I like to see. You dont want big players getting banned....but they have changed the suspension system and he let so many goal it spoiled the game both ways. I think both games are too hard to call, especially now Brazil have there most two important players out and Argentin aone of theres in Di Maria I veleive from a torn muscle? Im going to go for Germany v Holland myself

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
If they appeal his card and get it then its obviously clear FIFA has an agenda. What a load of bollocks, Brazil have been one of the ugliest teams in this tournaments.

FromTheBench

Edit: Do we know who will referee their semi final?
Not yet.

Webb, Rizzoli, Cakir, Irmatov, Eriksson, Geiger seem the names that could be in contention for the final 4 matches considering the teams that have qualified.

Drifter

American
It was a very silly yellow.But conspiracy theorists will be at fever pitch if it is rescinded.

pk05

Isn't it going a bit over board with all these so called conspiracy theories lingering around brazil?.

Essaux

Meh.

Sure they get a couple of decisions in their favour, but I think that is more due to referee's being intimidated by the home fans then a fixed conspiracy.

Brasil could have gone out against Chile had that last minute attempt gone in and there would have been nothing FIFA could have done to reverse that.

I think Germany will put Brasil out of the tournament.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Brasil have put in an appeal over Silva's suspension.

If that gets over turned the tournament really is a farce.

Bole Top

there is apsolutely nothing I like about this Brazil side. I hate Germany even more but this time I hope they'll trash them.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
No it's not. Have you seen the match against Colombia and Croatia?
Actually it is. You must have a double digit IQ if you believe in them

people are putting referee performances into microscopes in Brazil games, and not doing the same in others. Yesterday Robben got tackled just outside the box and no yellow was given. Any caf posts mentioning that? No. If it was Brazil game 5 "fix!1" posts would happen

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Actually it is. You must have a double digit IQ if you believe in them

people are putting referee performances into microscopes in Brazil games, and not doing the same in others. Yesterday Robben got tackled just outside the box and no yellow was given. Any caf posts mentioning that? No. If it was Brazil game 5 "fix!1" posts would happen
If the Caf had it their way Brazil would finish every game with 5 players.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
If the Caf had it their way Brazil would finish every game with 5 players.
its sad.. when did this place become RAWK?

Anyways, I'd like to discuss the game tactically.. I think Scolari should put Hulk in his natural position (right), so he can clash with a slower LB who is actually a CB.. Without the ball the team doesn't suffer as much since Willian covers way more ground than Neymar defensively

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
What is the nonsense with Brazil appealing Thiago Silva's yellow card? If FIFA overturns this yellow then you will have to question their intentions.

labamba

there is apsolutely nothing I like about this Brazil side. I hate Germany even more but this time I hope they'll trash them.
actually, their matches are much better than those of Germany or Argentina. All they lack is a CF

heub

if thiago silva plays on tuesday, all fifa fair play banners should be burned immediately.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
They've probably also asked to delay the SF for 6 weeks until Neymar is back fit.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
its sad.. when did this place become RAWK?

Anyways, I'd like to discuss the game tactically.. I think Scolari should put Hulk in his natural position (right), so he can clash with a slower LB who is actually a CB.. Without the ball the team doesn't suffer as much since Willian covers way more ground than Neymar defensively

firstly..no one here wanted Neymar injured.

think the anti-Brazil feelings surfaced after the first match and just got worse with the ridiculous officiating. We can debate it was 'fixing' or just poor refereeing....that's about it.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It was a yellow card infact he should have picked up one for a challenge a few minutes before that, the one where he went down injured after wards.

I thought you couldn't challenge a yellow card only a red and if it is over turned it will be the cherry on top confirming the great world cup fix is on and not just something that we are thinking about.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Yeah I don't like this Brasilian side and I don't like the preferential treatment either. Hope the Germans hammer them.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Another one here wishing for a German win. I´m even going to cheer for Muller.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
I was actually rooting for brazil before the tournament, but I really hope now they go out. That is not because of the referee conspiracy stuff (apart from the penalty against Fred and maybe the lack of cards against Fernandinho&Co for hacking James down over 90 minutes I can't really complain), but because of this really despicable behaviour from their association and Scolari. Scolari is a clown who is complaining the whole game on the sideline and makes ridiculous statements like justifying the penalty against croatia and that the brazil association now wants to have the yellow against Silva taken back is embarrassing.

FromTheBench

Marco RODRÍGUEZ from Mexico is the referee.

The one in the Uruguay Italy match who sent off Marchisio and missed the Suarez Bite etc..

He is known as quite a strict referee actually in CONCACAF and Mexico so can expect Red cards too.

Last edited: