Day 22: Brazil vs. Germany

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
Marco RODRÍGUEZ from Mexico is the referee.

The one in the Uruguay Italy match who sent off Marchisio and missed the Suarez Bite etc..

He is known as quite a strict referee actually in CONCACAF and Mexico so can expect Red cards too.
Probably a reaction to Brazil's game against Colombia which was a hackfest.

Alun

Never had any issues with Brazil before the tournament, actually cheered them on when they were whipping Spain in the Confeds Final last year. Now i can't fecking stand them, never hated a national team as much as these guys - maybe Spain from the last world cup or Italy on a general level but these guys take the cake. Arrogance personified, no longer even have the personal to justify it.

Sick of hearing about how it's 'theirs to win', it's destiny and all that rubbish. As has been mentioned before, Scolari's comments/babbles in the press are absolutely nauseating 'one hand on the trophy', 'everyone is behind us' blah blah. The way media hypes them up as the good guys of world football and anyone else that gets in their way as the 'baddies' is so fecking grating. Scolari in general actually, rivals the Mexican manager in the 'most punchable face' category. Stand's there on the sideline, overweight as ever waving his tubby arms around, getting in the officials faces - moaning constantly. Cannot stand him.

The players also, god what an unlikable bunch. Divers galore, Neymar goes to ground nearly every run he makes, so does every one of them actually. It's not just going to ground, they have to do it all, the roll and the grimaced face. They won't get up until the ref notices their 'anguish' even if the game is being played on the other-side of the pitch. For Neymar, i don't feel for him in the slightest - boy who cried wolf. Tough luck. Will he come back humbled and ready to prove his critics wrong? will he feck, watch him jump back straight into his old bag of tricks upon his return. Him and Suarez next year leading the Barca line, oh boy. Can't believe they appealed juju lip's yellow card, blatant foul by a dirty player. He's the captain, and the stories that came out of that penalty shoot-out vs Chile were sickening. Crying, too scared to take a penalty. Imagine Cafu pulling that?. Gustavo with his moustache, the terrible haircuts and Paulinho's mediocre, overbearing presence. Don't get me started on David Luiz. I for one love a good passionate celebration but his vs Columbia just rubbed me the wrong way, came off very fake and for the cameras - to be honest that's how most of the Brazilian behaviour comes across and probably contributes to their high number of hatetability points. Seriously though what happened? guys like Ronaldinho and Rivaldo were so endearingly arrogant, now guys like Paulinho (can't get into the Spurs team) and Gustavo (plays for Wolfsburg) have come in to fill the void and and now it's just unjustified arrogance.

All the antics surrounding their matches couldn't be more cringe-worthy. You have to look away when they walk out onto the pitch with their hands on each other shoulders. Only Brazil could be so arrogant to do that, Columbia in the mean time walk out chilled, hands to themselves and above all - normal! and fast, unlike Brazil who have to take that extra minute to line up. Then the anthems, where Brazil every time have to one up their opponents by screaming the bloody thing. It's not signing with pride, its screaming and it's quite frankly embarrassing.Watch a youtube clip of Luiz shouting the thing, and try not to laugh. Neymar even cried for goodness sake, did you see any Germans doing that in 2006? That's the thing with Brazil, they lack respect for their opponents, they are not humble. It comes off as forced, and that is something that's just not likeable. Ofcourse the referring decisions have gifted them crucial parts of this tournament such as the penalty vs Croatia and basically every 50/50 decision going their way.

Brazil think they are owners of football, better than every other nation with their samba culture and that the world cup is their to be collected.

Hope we tonk them, 3-0. Lahm needs to be RB, and i think he will - similar lineup to the France game with maybe Klose being replaces and i think a finals spot for Germany is within reach. Man for Man, even LB Germany is better in every department.

Reactions: Raoul

herbert

Nice rant, but you forgot about their religious hypocrisy.

EnricoPalazzo

They won't withdraw that yellow card, but that appeal itself is very embarrassing.

Marco RODRÍGUEZ from Mexico is the referee.

The one in the Uruguay Italy match who sent off Marchisio and missed the Suarez Bite etc..
The Sent-off was absolutely correct and the bite was outside the action scope.

Kaos

Never had any issues with Brazil before the tournament, actually cheered them on when they were whipping Spain in the Confeds Final last year. Now i can't fecking stand them, never hated a national team as much as these guys - maybe Spain from the last world cup or Italy on a general level but these guys take the cake. Arrogance personified, no longer even have the personal to justify it.

Sick of hearing about how it's 'theirs to win', it's destiny and all that rubbish. As has been mentioned before, Scolari's comments/babbles in the press are absolutely nauseating 'one hand on the trophy', 'everyone is behind us' blah blah. The way media hypes them up as the good guys of world football and anyone else that gets in their way as the 'baddies' is so fecking grating. Scolari in general actually, rivals the Mexican manager in the 'most punchable face' category. Stand's there on the sideline, overweight as ever waving his tubby arms around, getting in the officials faces - moaning constantly. Cannot stand him.

The players also, god what an unlikable bunch. Divers galore, Neymar goes to ground nearly every run he makes, so does every one of them actually. It's not just going to ground, they have to do it all, the roll and the grimaced face. They won't get up until the ref notices their 'anguish' even if the game is being played on the other-side of the pitch. For Neymar, i don't feel for him in the slightest - boy who cried wolf. Tough luck. Will he come back humbled and ready to prove his critics wrong? will he feck, watch him jump back straight into his old bag of tricks upon his return. Him and Suarez next year leading the Barca line, oh boy. Can't believe they appealed juju lip's yellow card, blatant foul by a dirty player. He's the captain, and the stories that came out of that penalty shoot-out vs Chile were sickening. Crying, too scared to take a penalty. Imagine Cafu pulling that?. Gustavo with his moustache, the terrible haircuts and Paulinho's mediocre, overbearing presence. Don't get me started on David Luiz. I for one love a good passionate celebration but his vs Columbia just rubbed me the wrong way, came off very fake and for the cameras - to be honest that's how most of the Brazilian behaviour comes across and probably contributes to their high number of hatetability points. Seriously though what happened? guys like Ronaldinho and Rivaldo were so endearingly arrogant, now guys like Paulinho (can't get into the Spurs team) and Gustavo (plays for Wolfsburg) have come in to fill the void and and now it's just unjustified arrogance.

All the antics surrounding their matches couldn't be more cringe-worthy. You have to look away when they walk out onto the pitch with their hands on each other shoulders. Only Brazil could be so arrogant to do that, Columbia in the mean time walk out chilled, hands to themselves and above all - normal! and fast, unlike Brazil who have to take that extra minute to line up. Then the anthems, where Brazil every time have to one up their opponents by screaming the bloody thing. It's not signing with pride, its screaming and it's quite frankly embarrassing.Watch a youtube clip of Luiz shouting the thing, and try not to laugh. Neymar even cried for goodness sake, did you see any Germans doing that in 2006? That's the thing with Brazil, they lack respect for their opponents, they are not humble. It comes off as forced, and that is something that's just not likeable. Ofcourse the referring decisions have gifted them crucial parts of this tournament such as the penalty vs Croatia and basically every 50/50 decision going their way.

Brazil think they are owners of football, better than every other nation with their samba culture and that the world cup is their to be collected.

Hope we tonk them, 3-0. Lahm needs to be RB, and i think he will - similar lineup to the France game with maybe Klose being replaces and i think a finals spot for Germany is within reach. Man for Man, even LB Germany is better in every department.
Christ, want a rant!

I also found it hilarious how you listed Gustavo's moustache as a serious reason to dislike Brazil :lol:

SRV

Haha, what a post :D Seriously, the only thing that really bothers me is their playing style (tactical fouls all over the place to stop counterattacks of the opponent) and their abuse of religion. Last one actually shouldn't bother me since I'm not religious at all and in the end everybody should practice religion the way they want to, but the quintessence is that they think that their nation is more likable than the other ones and thus god should favour them.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I started the tournament liking Brazil too and can't stand them now either. The amount of timewasting, sly fouls and time wasting in the Colombia game was frankly painful to watch. My mate at work absolutely adores them and says they play brilliant football - how?

heub

fantastic rant.
i love this part:

Gustavo with his moustache, the terrible haircuts and Paulinho's mediocre, overbearing presence.

I cant stand the mediocre presence of brazils midfielders either! what has happened to the country of juninho, kaka, rivaldo, ronaldinho?

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Gustavo's moustache :lol:, post of the day for sure!

I can't stand them either anymore, almost everything they're doing like crying, singing the anthem longer, praying, "sportsmanship", the way they walk in, etc. ist just a show for the fans and media to be in the focus. In reality, on the pitch, most of them are very dislikeable, especially Neymar.

Blackwidow

Gustavo's moustache :lol:, post of the day for sure!

I can't stand them either anymore, almost everything they're doing like crying, singing the anthem longer, praying, "sportsmanship", the way they walk in, etc. ist just a show for the fans and media to be in the focus. In reality, on the pitch, most of them are very dislikeable, especially Neymar.
Actually I like Gustavo most of them. He is a very much down to earth person and the development he made as a player and personality in the last 3 to 4 years is remarkable.

Essaux

Haha I actually liked most of your rant.

Definitely rooting for Germany on Tuesday and hoping for a Ger - Netherlands final!

Raul Madrid

I hope Germany win the tournament. The have been getting to finals and semi finals since 2002 very regularly and they have been the 2nd best team after spain since 2008. If they don't win eventually they will feel that they are cursed.

OutlawGER

Supports
Actually I like Gustavo most of them. He is a very much down to earth person and the development he made as a player and personality in the last 3 to 4 years is remarkable.
Yeah i didn't say all of them. Gustavo seems to be a nice person, David Luiz for example too but im not sure if it's show from him or not.

I hope Germany win the tournament. The have been getting to finals and semi finals since 2002 very regularly and they have been the 2nd best team after spain since 2008. If they don't win eventually they will feel that they are cursed.
We do already tbh. :lol:

Cereal Killer

Yeah i didn't say all of them. Gustavo seems to be a nice person, David Luiz for example too but im not sure if it's show from him or not.
In my opinion the most easily detestable footballer on the planet. What a gigantic knob. Fecking hate him. Acts like a saint pre and post game, whereas on the pitch he becomes a class-A thug.

I dislike most of the Brazilian players, although I am disappointed that Neymar won't feature tomorrow. Would've made the game much more interesting.

OutlawGER

Supports
In my opinion the most easily detestable footballer on the planet. What a gigantic knob. Fecking hate him. Pre and post game he acts like a saint, whereas on the pitch he becomes a class-A thug.

I dislike most of the Brazilian players, although I am disappointed that Neymar won't feature tomorrow. Would've made the game much more interesting.
I didn't follow him much at Chelsea. What has he done?

But yeah, he seems like a saint to me too, that's why i said "i don't know if its show or not".

Cereal Killer

I didn't follow him much at Chelsea. What has he done?

But yeah, he seems like a saint to me too, that's why i said "i don't know if its show or not".
I don't remember all the moments, but a few stick to mind. His horror shoulder charge on Brentford's Reeves (which resulted in a concussion for the 19 year old), or when he went down after Rafael's challenge and started laughing near the corner flag.
What really annoys me is that most of the time he gets away with it, and commentators attribute it to his passion for the game, or his "natural aggressiveness". Just hate him.

Suedesi

Of course it does. Holland hasn't won sh*t and aren't close to being among the big football countries. They are an actual minnow.
Holland are not a minnow you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. Holland '74, Ajax etc, and it's clear they have a distinct school of football and have contributed more than say England or France.

Last edited:

SRV

We do already tbh. :lol:
Yeah, agree.. Luiz gives this constant impression that he's doing stuff for the media and the spotlight. Dunno if it's just me, but it looks suspicious.

pk05

Brazil will certainly put up a strong fight tomorrow eventhough. the germans may prove to be too strong for their liking.Brazil will be missing Thiago Silva more than Neymar who was useless against chile and colombia.Predicting a german victory..

ctp

We are cursed.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/WorldCup/Voodoo-to-curse-Germany-20140707?
Rio de Janiero - Germany will have to contend with black magic as well Brazil's Selecao in Tuesday's World Cup semi-final as a voodoo priest plans to curse die Mannschaft.

Brazil will be without injured superstar Neymar in Belo Horizonte, but black magic enthusiast Helio Sillman from Rio de Janeiro says his curse will hinder Joachim Loew's team in the semi-final.

"I'll take their top player and bind his legs so he can't run on the pitch," said Sillman, referring to the voodoo doll of an undisclosed German player that will be cursed in a ceremony before the game.

In his shop "World of Orixas" in the northern neighborhood of Madureira, Sillman carries out a ritual before each Selecao game.

Using a a small football pitch-shaped box as his alter, he puts inside lit candles in the colours of the opposing team and the voodoo doll of their most important player.

Sillman's curse on James Rodriguez did not stop the Colombian star from scoring in his team's 2-1 defeat to Brazil in Friday's quarter-finals.

And he was powerless to prevent Selecao star Neymar from suffering a fractured vertebrae against the Colombians that has ruled him out of the World Cup.

But Sillman points to Brazil's results against Cameroon, Chile, Croatia and Mexico as testimony to the influence of his magic.

Voodoo dolls representing a player from each of the Selecao's opponents sit in a bowl.

"Those are the four teams that Brazil have overcome," he said.

Germany's Thomas Mueller, Manuel Neuer and Mats Hummels have been warned.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: that's actually quite good.

I'm torn over this one. I used to love watching this German side but they've gotten boring now. I simply can't warm to this overrated Brazilian side either and find nothing likeable about them whatsoever, however, I do think they'd make for a more exciting final due to their faster tempo.

saivet

:lol: brilliant.

redevil2

http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/WorldCup/Voodoo-to-curse-Germany-20140707?

...but black magic enthusiast Helio Sillman from Rio de Janeiro says his curse will hinder Joachim Loew's team in the semi-final.

"I'll take their top player and bind his legs so he can't run on the pitch," said Sillman, referring to the voodoo doll of an undisclosed German player that will be cursed in a ceremony before the game.
Really hate it when fans do these things with a view to harming the opposition players. It's one thing to wish your own team the best and beat the opposition fair and square (ok, maybe just hoping they have all the luck), it's quite another using voodoo. Although these are just superstitious practice, it always sounds very scary to me when you use their faces as target of harm!! Some daft attitudes and lowly mentality

redevil2

I love this post!

Not just because I am rooting for Germany all the way (a Final of Deutschland v Dutch will please me no end!!), it's just the way you pointed out the Brazilians antics and how they thought they are "football" and have the Devine Right to win it, just make me cringe. Their fans (especially non Brazilians) are also very vain not fully knowing how mediocre their team is and yet are confident they will go through.

Also what's the deal with Scolari announcing how Neymar had the worst thought of being paralysed after being stumped on, and now he (Neymar) has indicated he might be able to play in the final? These and all the voodoo things exercised by fans are just very cringe worthy. Germany will thrash them 3-1 at least. :)

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
I love this forum. Brazil is always favored to lose and called shit, but somehow we are overrated.. Uhmm?

Same thing.. Chile and Colombia were the best WC teams.. we beat them in tough matches, and we are shit because of it... Uhm?

I don't think we will beat Germany without our landslide two best players, but I'd love to see the reaction.

Gannicus

I had Germany winning it all before the WC began, but even though they've gotten the job done the Germans just aren't playing to their potential. Never dire, but at times they've been grim.

I see a Germany win here over a Neymarless and Thiagoless Brasil, but if those two were playing I'd call it a tossup. But it could be a Klose match. ;)

Lothar

Hoping for a real thumping now. No need for anything embarrassing, a solid 2-0 will do.

The most arrogant thing about this "divine right" act is the fact that they are the third last team to win the cup. 2 wins in the last 5. It's a bit like United would go another season without a title, then go into the next one holding hands, bawling for the red, every home game talking about "our destiny to win it". The whole world would laugh.

But credit to Brazil I guess, they know they're shit so this is how they make up for it. I predict though this inferiority complex will be their undoing. With their only attacking threat and best defender out they know they have the perfect excuse if they fail, especially against a worthy and emotionally neutral opponent such as Germany. They'll probably start like maniacs since that worked the last time, only now the opponent won't be intimidated and they'll concede at least one goal in the trail of chaos they leave behind. Then the Germans will do their thing until the Brazilians start to think "who are we kidding?". And that's the game.

Momochiru

Great rant, Gustavo's mustache is worthy of a yellow card by itself if you ask me :lol:

You hit a nerve with the comment about Brazil's arrogance - I always disliked them because of it, but at least in the past there was substance behind it, now they are playing the dirtiest football at the WC, committing the most fouls and still have the audacity to claim they are targeted... The amount of douchebagery in their team is astonishing.

And it's not only the players, coaches and media. I actually started disliking the fans too. They are so arrogant and always wear Brazilian colours to any game even if Brazil is not playing like none of the other teams matter much. They atmosphere they create is crappy and the constant booing of the European teams is very annoying - Germany vs Algeria was particularly bad.

Shurou

If they assert themselves and play their game, Germany can dominate Brazil from start to finish and not even give them a sniff.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
all the comments are true!

stange fact: until now, this wc created massive sympathie for south/latin american teams exept brasil (mexiko, columbia, chile, costa rica, even the us ^^). brasil developed to the most unliked team resuming in the cup.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
all the comments are true!

stange fact: until now, this wc created massive sympathie for south/latin american teams exept brasil (mexiko, columbia, chile, costa rica, even the us ^^). brasil developed to the most unliked team resuming in the cup.
people don't like winners
people didn't like the miami heat
people don't like real madrid

truth is, if we win #6 with a shit roster, the amount of salt will be unbearable haha

PedroMendez

Acolyte
well....from watching TV/reading the paper I have the same impression. Their officials/FA are just dicks and part of the Brazilian media is just over board (which is understandable....worldcup at home is something special)

That said their team is okay. Quite a few of their players are likeable. T.Silva, Gustavo, Neymar, Oscar, Willian, Dante and Fernandinho are all good blokes. The people in Brazil are also fantastic. Very friendly and open.

saivet

These guys piss me off.

As if this didn't happen, an incident that was rarely picked up on.