Day 22: Brazil vs. Germany

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
I would not want klose to score, that record belongs to ronaldo and should be his forever. What a brilliant player, only if his injuries did not affect him so much.
Do you happened to be Brazilian? You do realize it's this kind of self-entitled divine right that Brazil is the best and should win and all those who block their way to success are the baddies which makes everyone hate them right? Just for this statement alone, I hope Klose scores a late winner in injury time.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Must be the worst Brazilian team ever. Embarrassing if this team wins the World Cup.
Just because they have no offensive world beaters like they used to have. But instead of that they have world beaters in defence. people just only rate offensive players, thats why nobody is mentioning hummels for example in the 'best player of the tournament' thread.

mata10

Wow I stand corrected then. Was he ever rated highly? I can't be making this up surely.
He was very highly rated and still is. He is very inconsistent though. He was bought by shakhtar for 20 million pounds. So was clearly highly rated. It was his first season in foreign club, he will be a good player in the future.

redpersie

Do you happened to be Brazilian? You do realize it's this kind of self-entitled divine right that Brazil is the best and should win and all those who block their way to success are the baddies which makes everyone hate them right? Just for this statement alone, I hope Klose scores a late winner in injury time.
Not Brazilian but I would like another legendary player to break the record. Klose all time world cup top scorer doesn't sound right.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I undersand the point you are trying to make, but you went to the other extreme
When we had great players, we delivered with excitement, unlike this Argentinean team

You have to count the in-between WC periods also

In 2006 we sucked because of many reasons (coach fielding old fullbacks and fat ronaldo), but the performances our team gifted us between 2002-2005 were almost absurd. Every home qualifying game was a master piece with loads of flair and creativity

Same thing with our team between 94 and 98. THe 97 team had Romario and Ronaldo together, with Djalminha, Rivaldo, Cafu, Roberto Carlos etc

(4-0 with 28 minutes hahaa)

Brazil's pragmatism post-82 has always been reliant on the sheer brilliance of one or two attackers, from Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho to Neymar. The only times they didn't have a solid base was in 1998 (when they were fatally weak in the air) and 2006 (when they were a disjointed top-heavy mess). Their overall attacking quality almost saw them through in 1998, but I did love the 1997 and 1999 slants on that team. It remains a shame that Romario had to pull out of that World Cup after his injury.

AlbusDrunkledore

Just because they have no offensive world beaters like they used to have. But instead of that they have world beaters in defence. people just only rate offensive players, thats why nobody is mentioning hummels for example in the 'best player of the tournament' thread.
So you mean that their defense is world class? You must be joking?

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Not Brazilian but I would like another legendary player to break the record. Klose all time world cup top scorer doesn't sound right.
Klose will break the record and if he doesn't, Mueller will. I'm pretty sure Klose is regarded as a legend in Germany.

mata10

No i am far from a brazillian. The thing is klose comes no where near ronaldo as a player. I think ronaldo is a better player so i want him to keep the record. Its like you asking me why i like certain kind of pasta and why not the other one? Its just my preference that the best records lie with the best players.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
No i am far from a brazillian. The thing is klose comes no where near ronaldo as a player. I think ronaldo is a better player so i want him to keep the record. Its like you asking me why i like certain kind of pasta and why not the other one? Its just my preference that the best records lie with the best players.
Fair point. Records are meant to be broken though.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
BBC getting involved by using Dean Windass dressed as a peacock as their main pic for their live update.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Is this game on both bbc and itv? My schedule says bbc only but my friends TV says itv will also be showing it. Weird...

Nesta

That's rubbish. Bernard is seen in Brazil as of similar talent to Neymar.

Edit: at least he used to be.

I'm probably chatting shit though.
Are you being serious? Bernard is shit. Neymar will be deified in Brazil.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
So you mean that their defense is world class? You must be joking?

Tell me one team who has a better defense than David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Dante, Maicon, Dani Alves, Marcelo.

2 of the best fullbacks in the world (marcelo, alves) and 3 of the best CBs (Luiz, Silva, Dante).

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
In what world are Dante, Marcelo, Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva, Maicon, Dani Alves, David Luiz, Fernandinho, Luis Gustavo, Willian & Oscar trash players? Majority of these players are starters for the biggest teams in Europe.

Bernard is one of the best young talents in his position, Hulk has consistently scored goals wherever he's played and Fred was the top scorer in last years Confederations Cup.

Hulk and Fred underperforming has everyone thinking this Brazil team is terrible.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Maicon still in the side? Odd
Reports in Spain are that Dani Alves' attitude was terrible and he was in party mode as soon as he arrived in Brazil.

In what world are Dante, Marcelo, Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva, Maicon, Dani Alves, David Luiz, Fernandinho, Luis Gustavo, Willian & Oscar trash players? Majority of these players are starters for the biggest teams in Europe.

Bernard is one of the best young talents in his position, Hulk has consistently scored goals wherever he's played and Fred was the top scorer in last years Confederations Cup.

Hulk and Fred underperforming has everyone thinking this Brazil team is terrible.
Hulk and Fred have been underperforming for Brazil for most of their international careers clearly because they've always looked average aside from Fred's decent Confederations' Cup. I rate Bernard as a talent but he's done very little for Brazil so far so it's massive call.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
And again...

On a side note, really looking forward to this, has a big game feel.

RedFish

Tell me one team who has a better defense than David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Dante, Maicon, Dani Alves, Marcelo.

2 of the best fullbacks in the world (marcelo, alves) and 3 of the best CBs (Luiz, Silva, Dante).
I really rate Dante. Love the way he plays the ball from the back. I agree, nothing wrong at all with Brazil's defence.

SimonD

Miranda, Marquinhos, Felipe Luis also not even in the squad..How can a Brazilian team have so much talent in defence, also with the likes of Gustavo and Fernandinho as DMs, and have an attack that's so laughably bad?

Acole9

Outstanding
Look at the state of Ronaldo, looks almost unrecognisable. His English is surprisingly good though.