Day 26: England vs Croatia Waist Coat Semi-Final

What is 'coming home'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dante

Average bang
England's main strength is the ability of their CBs to play from the back and be as cool as a football player can be when under pressure.

Add to that, Maguire has been a beast on this tournament.
Not just the CBs (though I disagree with your point).

Croatia have barely had a single successful tackle against anyone from front to back. We're keeping the ball at our feet like there's velcro on our boots.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Terrific half from England. In control of the game. Should have a second goal.

saivet

Good half from us. We should have scored a second. Big chances for Kane and Lingard.

Traub

fecking hell. Imagine you said a month ago England are 45 goalless minutes away from a world cup final :lol:

Sandyman

England and Southgate, I repeat, frigging Southgate, 45 mins away from a WC final. Incredible work from all involved.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah not been impressed in the slightest Jim. Was expecting him to at least have provided what Rebic has (if not outright class, a bit of pace and power to get past people). But I’ve seen next to nothing of the sorts.
Yeah, Rebic last ball is not the best, but at least he looks dangerous. Perisic just offers nothing.

Btw. English movement is killing us. We are lucky to be only one behind tbh

Flying_Heckfish

Might rue not getting the 2nd or 3rd. England comfortably the better team, not even a contest at times.

A bit worried that Lovren and Rebic didn't get booked. No doubt a rash red incoming from the Cnut.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
How is that not a penalty if the Nigeria v Argentina and England v Colombia ones were?

Ekeke

So Croatia have been poop, Modric has been average

But England's fancypants passing defence have messed up the one thing they're supposed to be good at, passing from the back and invited pressure. So Croatia might still get something from this

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
MAguire held him back, could easily have given the pen
Too close to half time.

Wasn't there a Bundesliga game when teams went off for half time and ref then gave a penalty so they all had to come back from dressing room to take it?

Cloud7

Remember when Perisic was exactly what we needed last season and would have changed the way the season went? Good times

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah that was pretty much the same as a couple of the pens England got earlier. Could easily have called it

led_scholes

Great half from England.

One of the reasons that i guess people, including me, are a bit meh towarda England is the playactincg and the warm attitudes of the refs towards England. How was that not a pen for example?

Minimalist

ITV commentary makes you want England to lose every time. So cringeworthy.

Can't see it though. Croatia need to improve a lot.