Day 4: Costa Rica vs Serbia, Germany vs Mexico , Brazil vs Switzerland

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
How great is that with all the fans joining in to sing the Mexican anthem.. very nice

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Have a feeling this won't be easy for Germany.

Great atmosphere here.

Charles Miller

WTF?? they asked him who the favourites were other than Germany, can’t work out if he’s serious or not.
I remember that. He was talking about who would be the winner in a contest to know who can drink more whiskey/beer/wine.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Apparently Germany's oldest XI since the 2002 WC final.

Loublaze

ATLien
Who are those mighty Swiss players to eliminate them from the group stages?
Brazil 9
Switzerland 4
Serbia 4
Costa Rica 0

That's my prediction. Serbia will lose to Brazil in their final game and the Swiss will get the goal difference they need in a win against the already eliminated (by the time the final game begins) Costa Rica. Hell I think the Swiss might even win the Serbia tie. They have a better WC record than the Serbians. The experience will get them to the last 16.

RoyH1

Why is Mexico not a footballing powerhouse? 123 million population, football mad and with a Latin American sporting culture. I've never quite understood why they're such also-rans.
There simply isn’t a good infrastructure for finding and developing talent early on. Players start later than they do in Europe .

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Weird feeling this will end 0-0. We're due one (cue goal in first five minutes!)

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Nervous start for Germany. Mexico almost scored there. I'm already shitting my pants. :(

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Germany lucky not to concede there. The one time Hernandez dosen't camp in the six yard box for a set piece...

RoyH1

In theory, against Germany, Mexico should park 2 buses and sit back with the odd counterattack.
But nope, like those crazy Mexican boxers, they’re going to walk into the punches and try to punch back.

Hojoon

A defender Woodward should be breaking the bank to sign.
With his injury record I'd be reluctant to sign him for a high price but he could be a risk worth taking because he would transform our defense.

Loublaze

ATLien
Why is Mexico not a footballing powerhouse? 123 million population, football mad and with a Latin American sporting culture. I've never quite understood why they're such also-rans.
Brazil is the only country with over 100M that has ever won a WC