Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Can't see Panama getting anything here, only a matter of time before they concede. Hopefully to Lukaku.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not decisive enough. Only goals, red cards, offside (if goal), penalties. Normal freekcks or dives or yellow card fouls are not used for VAR
What about when someone who’s on a yellow dives?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Apparently Panama’s gaffer promised to drink two bottles of vodka if they get to the round of 16.

Santos J

Never a yellow for that one but probably it's cos it's his 3rd? foul in about 5 minutes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I could get in this Panama squad honestly.

If I lost 15 kg and quit smoking that is.

James Peril

Meunier threw his arm around in a dangerous manner, that's enough for a yellow even though he doesn't hit the player. The play-acting helps too of course

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Belgium arent great at winning the ball back... at all. What happens when you lineup as they do though. Theyll get hammered if Martinez plays like this in the knockouts, but the gap between belgium/England and then panama/Tunisia is so big that they'll be fine even with shit tactics.

MUFC OK

genuinely interested to see how lukaku fares for Belgium and their theoretically superior supply line, so far he looks as isolated as when he plays for us.

KC91

Shame Roberto Martinez is such a terrible coach, this Belgium squad would have a decent chance of winning this tournament without him.

izec

What about when someone who’s on a yellow dives?
Good question. Wait and find out i guess. There is obviously a grey area what constitutes a dive sometimes, i guess it depends on the ref in the VAR room if he thinks it is enough to give a second yellow or not.

Eila

Panama with the same play everytie they get the ball. Just hoof it to your left winger and hope he makes a miracle.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This Belgium side could use someone with a bit of venom in his play. Say, a Nainngolan type of player..

MUFC OK

Shame Roberto Martinez is such a terrible coach, this Belgium squad would have a decent chance of winning this tournament without him.
Love how this narrative has already been written, it will be the ONLY reason they don't succeed if they do not, despite their good form in the run up to this WC and the fact they have under delivered for years.

I'm not Martinez's biggest fan but this just seems lazy.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Not decisive enough. Only goals, red cards, offside (if goal), penalties. Normal freekcks or dives or yellow card fouls are not used for VAR
I would argue that it is decisive enough considering the bad impact diving has on the game. You don't have to stop play for it just card him the next time ball is out of play.