Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

Aboutreika18

Canagel

The 3-0 flatters Belgium. Still not convinced they are getting the best out of themselves as a team. They just have a lot of quality players on at the same time and logic would suggest that at least one of them will make a contribution every game. Goals or assists.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Classic Lukaku performance. Pure shite for 85’ and still manages two goals.

Can’t complain tho. We weren’t at our best but still a convincing win.

diarm

That kind of similarity you described as the end can be used to described many forwards, not just two Belgium colored, physical forwards.

Lukaku knows where to position himself in the box for chances (instinct of a goal scorer). Lukaku again is better at running behind the defense off the ball. When someone like Benteke is more about enforcer both outside an inside the box. Benteke has neater touch and better hold up play naturally, and arguably better dribbler in short distance (not elite level mind) due to all Lukaku flaw.

That for me is plenty of difference.
You can compare and describe many different forwards and we all do, all the time. My point is that it doesn't have to be racist and we don't have to jump on the internet bandwagon of looking for offence in every single place we can possibly imagine it.

I'm not being disingenuous at all, Benteke is a target man, Lukaku is a ball to feet player - from that very simple comparison it's clear that they are not similar.
Due to his size - yes Lukaku can do long ball play, but that's not where he excels, just like how Beneteke doesn't excel with the ball at his feet or running off the last shoulder, but he can if the situation calls upon it.
But that doesn't mean that they are similar.

I'm not sure how many United games you watched last season but his goal drought came about because due to Fellaini's injury, Mourinho decided to use Lukaku as the target man, which led to a blunted attack that relied on Martial & Lingard to score goals.
I'm not sure where you think I've said anything about long ball or Lukaku being a target man? In fact I've said the opposite.

Benteke is used as a target man currently but he's been used in other ways at other clubs - particularly for a while at Villa when he was quite adept at running off the shoulder.

Players have differences and similarities - people will always compare them without having ill intentions. This felt more like an attempt to score some easy internet points and obviously it's worked well for you. I just think there are more deserving targets than someone trying to enjoy a football match who made a quick comparison.

Fully Fledged

Thought he might of missed out .
The Palacios brothers 2014
The fall out of him giving away that penalty in Euro 2000 curtailed his international career.

As the United full-back put it himself some years later: “My wife came home one day from work and the gates were on fire with an England flag on top of it.

“And then when you take your wife out for a romantic meal, go to the toilet and someone threatens to punch your lights out, you have to go straight home.”

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I have to disagree that Lukaku’s strength is playing with his back to goal. He’s pretty shite, in my opinion, at holding the ball up. He’s fantastic though at linking play up with technical touches/flicks and sharp one-twos. He’s also fantastic at getting in behind and dribbling. I rate him very highly, just don’t really see his back to goal play as a main strength of his. The comparisons between Benteke and Lukaku are nonetheless rubbish, though.
Watch the video of him and Carragher while he was at Everton.
He doesn’t hold the ball up, but rather receives the ball to feet and rolls his opponent using his strength. We didn’t utilise that last season, but that’s how he scored a large amount of his goals at Everton.

But yeah, the beneteke comparisons are laughable.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Beglium played into that game. Only Panama though so tough to judge their overall level but having Panama as their opening match was definitely a gift avoiding any trouble early

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Classic Lukaku performance. Pure shite for 85’ and still manages two goals.

Can’t complain tho. We weren’t at our best but still a convincing win.
Bit harsh. The service to him was shite all game.

ti vu

Meh. Walker as a CB in a back 3?
Yes. Was tried in that role recently under Southgate.

While Alli uses his first name "Dele" to represent himself in England shirt though? I meant I know he does the same for Tottenham , but for international tournament, shouldn't he use his family name to bring pride to his family?

AndyJ1985

Think it'll be a fairly comfortable 2-0 win for England after a slow start.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Expected lineup for England. Hope rashford comes on early enough to get himself a goal, he always seems to score on competition debuts.

Walters_19_MuFc

Expected that team. Happy enough. We need to make a good start.

Hopefully we get the ball wide and stretch, what I expect to be, a defensive Tunisia side.

ti vu

Religion should be banned from the football forum.
If people want it discussed, take it to the General Forum please
That is too PC. Some topic would get tangled with religion, politic even you want to avoid it. Just religion joke that's I am concerned.

Kapardin

Will be interesting to see how England fare as compared to the traumatic past. Best of luck to them and their fans.:)