Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
England world cup VT intro bingo:

Slow motion - check
Head in hands footage with commentary - check
General feeing of dismay - check
Southgate heralded as a new chapter - check
'Different atmosphere this time round' - check
Close up of badge - check
Drab world cup opener - ...

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Crazy decision.

Smalling could have played there and Walker could have replaced Trippier at right wingback.
Walker can bring the ball out far better than any of the centre backs available. If England need more height and a more traditional centre back there, they've got Jones and Cahill on the bench. I like it against the weaker teams.

Shimo

England players are dousing themselves with bug repellent it looks like. Saw what looked like Lingard getting bit in/on the ear.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No, Walker as RCB is a much better option. He helps transition defence into attack a lot better.
Walker is a rightback, he would have been far more influential playing in his favoured position in my opinion. Plus he is a significant upgrade on the distinctly average Trippier.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
People keep saying it from outside the country, the foreign pundits are all correct about England. We get our excuses in early and we dwell on the past instead of just focusing on the current tournament and current team.

The press want to sell papers so they don't give a shit about disrupting the players in the build up (Sterling is the current anti-christ) and nothing ever changes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Was wondering if you d come out of the woodwork for that one :lol:

Fair enough. A lot better statistically but only a bit better if you still didn't win it all. Almost winning something is losing, no? :smirk:
Hehe, I will never fail to take the opportunity to bite at stuff like that :)

And yes, that’s the problem, we all remember that Cruijff team from 74, but in the end we have win just as many world cups as Panama :(

ti vu

Crazy decision.

Smalling could have played there and Walker could have replaced Trippier at right wingback.
Smalling shouldn't start for Southgate plan A for the obvious option. He should be in the squad though for game against stronger opposition. That's another discussion.

Thing is is it worth it to waste a better wing back for side CB job. Defensively without the possession as a unit, does look suspect with that kind of midfield and defenders.

cyberman

10 minutes of ex pros and managers making excuses as to why they failed, its always someone elses fault

Aboutreika18

Walker can bring the ball out far better than any of the centre backs available. If England need more height and a more traditional centre back there, they've got Jones and Cahill on the bench. I like it against the weaker teams.
I like the idea but I do think Walker would be better at RWB, since he brings the most going forward in that position.

I'd probably drop Dier into the back three and put Walker at RWB. At least that way you can change to a back four and push Dier up into midfield when necessary.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bit harsh. The service to him was shite all game.
Look at the poster’s credentials:lol:
A scouser giving a Utd player credit??
Just wait till the game starts. Let’s see how much stick he gives the Utd contingent

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That is too PC. Some topic would get tangled with religion, politic even you want to avoid it. Just religion joke that's I am concerned.
I’m happy to make fun of religion that’s my point. Just do it somewhere else

klsv

Just realised I haven't seen England play since the Iceland match.

2-0 England. Lingard with both.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Sterling look really uncomfortable when Linekar informed us of a plague of midges descending upon Voldergrad.

Blatant heightism. Disgraceful.

R'hllor

Russians released robotic insects on English players, dirty games already started. Sadly for them, that wont stop 2018 World Cup winners.

predator

Youth NITK
Interesting hearing Rio and Lampard mentioning the possible reasons behind the failure of the golden generation. This current England team seem like they'd get on with eachother off the field much more than previous England teams. However Shearer made a decent point about Spain having players from the biggest rivalry ever (el clasico) and they seem to play like best buds.

ti vu

You should check yesterday brazil matchday thread. Guess it's OK when directed at Christianity I guess...
I missed all that. Was not on here during the game. My stance is the same for every religion the joke is aimed at

Edit: My guess it's Jesus & cross joke?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What happened to Abdennour in defence? He's the only Tunisian I know apart from Khazri.

Dante

Average bang
Only in England would you get a montage about how amazing/historic it would be if their opponents won. The English media is always so pessimistic.

Loublaze

ATLien
You should check yesterday brazil matchday thread. Guess it's OK when directed at Christianity I guess...
This. Should be able to poke fun at all religions without fear or favor within the rules of the forum of course.

Acole9

Outstanding
Harry Kane in the Arsenal academy and they say he's one of their own ;).

England world cup VT intro bingo:

Slow motion - check
Head in hands footage with commentary - check
General feeing of dismay - check
Southgate heralded as a new chapter - check
'Different atmosphere this time round' - check
Close up of badge - check
Drab world cup opener - ...
Yeah, every time they say it's different this time. It won't be.

R'hllor

This is part of England`s golden boy, was wondering when that will pop up.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
I'd be happy with any kind of win but then this is England we are talking about so it would probably be a laborious 1-0 win.