Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

jungledrums

Watch the video of him and Carragher while he was at Everton.
He doesn’t hold the ball up, but rather receives the ball to feet and rolls his opponent using his strength. We didn’t utilise that last season, but that’s how he scored a large amount of his goals at Everton.

But yeah, the beneteke comparisons are laughable.
Perhaps it’s semantics, but I’m differentiating between link up play and hold up play - the former being a skill of his, with his intelligent movement and clever first touches - and the latter being something I believe he could
Improve upon.

He’s best when he plays one/two touch from deeper areas (obviously he’s a great dribbler in the attacking third, but I’m more referring to his deeper play here). Under zero pressure, sure he puts Carragher on toast, but he doesn’t do that often enough in-game. When he does do it, it’s great, but that wayward touch still lets him down.

Who fecking cares really, he’s a beast and he’ll get there eventually.

el3mel

Only 2 players I know from Tunisia side are Fakr El-Din Ben Youssef and Maaloul, because we played against the former and the later plays for Egyptian club Ahly FC. I know their manager as well. The rest don't know much about tbh. :D

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
My god what was that?! Almost makes me want us to lose!

Acole9

Outstanding
The pundits are already getting giddy and we haven't even kicked a ball yet! We never learn.

Seems like some players are out to make a legacy for themselves here instead of helping the team. Hazard was at his worst today, dribbling everyone and refusing to pass any time he thought he might get a sniff at goal. Wasted so many good opportunities. Neymar was doing it yesterday, Mbappe the day before.

ti vu

You can tell I don’t pay much attention to England then :lol:

You’re over my head with this one
Dozen people asked the questions, so just inform people on thread title: Walker to play side center back. It's a joke anyways. Cheers

Hamzah

I have a feeling England are in for a rude awakening (again) at this World Cup. Since I grew up in England I’ll be supporting them as always but I just have a gut feeling it will be as bad as the previous tournaments. I hope I’m wrong.

Aboutreika18

Only 2 players I know from Tunisia side are Fakr El-Din Ben Youssef and Maaloul, because we played against the former and the later plays for Egyptian club Ahly FC. I know their manager as well. The rest don't know much about tbh. :D
Khazri played in England for Sunderland, scoring the winner against us a few seasons back.

PoTMS

Who do we blame when things inevitably go south? I've got Sterling as my scapegoat. Should not be starting for England ahead of Rashford.

el3mel

Khazri played in England for Sunderland, scoring the winner against us a few seasons back.
Googled him. Holy shite I remembered this Sunderland game from LVG second season now. Martial scored our only goal this game. Depressing days.

PoTMS

Crazy decision.

Smalling could have played there and Walker could have replaced Trippier at right wingback.
No, Walker as RCB is a much better option. He helps transition defence into attack a lot better.