Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Tunisia first appeared at the world cup in 1978. Won their first game against Mexico, becoming the first African side to win a game at the finals.

They haven't won a game since. A run of 11 games which includes defeat to England in 1998.

Minimalist

Expect a draw or narrow win from England tonight. Just to calm things down a bit.

Minkaro

Fun fact: England have never lost when they've played their opening game at a World Cup on a Monday.

11th July 1966 - 0-0 vs. Uruguay
11th June 1990 - 1-1 vs. Republic of Ireland
15th June 1998 - 2-0 vs. Tunisia
18th June 2018 - ?-? vs. Tunisia

IT'S COMING HOME, LADS.

Fredrik.A

Feck Pontus Jansson is way too slow to deal with South Korea’s speed.

Lings older than memph

Fun fact: England have never lost when they've played their opening game at a World Cup on a Monday.

11th July 1966 - 0-0 vs. Uruguay
11th June 1990 - 1-1 vs. Republic of Ireland
15th June 1998 - 2-0 vs. Tunisia
18th June 2018 - ?-? vs. Tunisia

IT'S COMING HOME, LADS.
just dont come home too soon

izec

Sweden-South Korea will probably be the second game i will skip after Iran-Morocco. Have a feeling it will be an absolute borefest, not more than 1 goal

Furious George

This'll be good. I've got 18 cans of beer and a multi bag of monster munch.

As a rule I boycott the pub whenever England play as it brings out some of the worst people in the world.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Did you read it? It says "I do not think we will have a surprise, though, like a country that has never won. France, Spain, Portugal, England, Brazil or Argentina, it will be one of the countries that everybody knows are really strong.” Hardly a tub-thumping, patriotic load of nonsense.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I don't know why, but I also have a feeling that England might get somewhere this time.
Probably as for the first time in a while, they seem a far more closely-knit group and to actual have some resemblance of a plan.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not interested in this game, anyone to look out for though?

padr81

Supports
Man City
"All of the others played in numbers a little bit confusing, that's why we switched the numbers," Shin Tae-yong said. "It's very difficult for Westerners to distinguish between Asians, that's why we did that."

Tactics by South Korea at the WC, after Sweden's spying...

Hansa

Good luck Swedes
Finding it hard to support the Swedes. Nothing against anyone in particular, but you just know that if the roles were reversed, and they stayed at home watching Norway on the telly, there wouldn't be anything other than scorn coming our way.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sweden to nick one off a set piece. Feels like a 1-1 game.

Janson

Finding it hard to support the Swedes. Nothing against anyone in particular, but you just know that if the roles were reversed, and they stayed at home watching Norway on the telly, there wouldn't be anything other than scorn coming our way.
It depends on the person, I always want all the Scandinavian countries to do well.

Dyslexic Untied

I struggle to support Denmark, but Iceland and Sweden I like for some reason.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Got a feeling this is gonna be a low scoring, cagey game. I'm gonna go 1-0 South Korea. Hopefully I'm wrong & it's 4-4 like...

Not interested in this game, anyone to look out for though?
Hwang Hee Chan is decent. Son from Tottenham too obviously.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No love for your Southern neighbours? :D
If you win the world cup we will officially become the little brother. I’m far too petty to be ok with that.

Seriously though, Belgium is one of the countries I’d like to go far. On paper your squad is up there with the best imo.

Hansa

It depends on the person, I always want all the Scandinavian countries to do well.
Yeah, I used to do the same. Denmark in 86, 88 and 92, Sweden in 90 and 92. Then we began doing well, and was more or less regarded as an unwanted intrusion by the press, pundits and players in said countries. The natural order was somehow disturbed, it seemed.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Not for me. I've been supporting Denmark and Iceland. Wouldn't be any different if it were Norway or Finland (lol Finland, as if).

Fully Fledged

At work for this one. It’s the first game I’ve missed.
Missing the 13:00 kick off is going to be a regular occurrence during the week.