Day 5: Sweden vs South Korea, Belgium vs Panama and Tunisia vs England (19H00)

Booda

Messi and Ronaldo are better versions of Benteke , better at everything that is

Fraud

Eden can't beat some guy who plays in the MLS. LMAO.

ti vu

100% they need a strong LB desperately. Carrasco is a forward ultimately, and will get found out at LWB later in the tournament.
I wouldn't say he is a forward, but he's an attacker, and doesn't like to do much defensive work. He has problem at Atletico under Simeone for a reason. Knowing that playing as wing back is bizarre.

diarm

Lukaku is terrible in the air, it's quite clearly one of his weaknesses - and one of the main criticisms why Mourinho elected to keep floating the long ball to him.
Benteke is a long ball player, Lukaku isn't.

Lukaku's strength is playing back to goal, and on the last man and using his power and pace to run behind the defence - Beneteke can't do that.

They're not similar players at all, and outside of physical comparisons, don't share much of any similarities.

Great goal from him just now too.
I think you're being deliberately disingenuous here because you wanted to call someone out on something that wasn't necessarily there.

No two players are exactly the same but we compare players all the time without it necessarily being solely about race. Benteke on his day is better off the shoulder than you are giving him credit for and Lukaku is far from "terrible in the air".

He isn't a target man, Benteke is obviously more effective in that role, but Lukaku is superb with a headed opportunity in the box. In fact, the way both players accelerate from deep to meet crosses powerfully with their heads is very similar.

marktan

This is rubbish. The Senegalese ref for the Serbia-Costa Rica game did a grand job of letting the game flow. You're being prejudiced.
I didn't watch that match. Tbf this ref has let more non-fouls go this half then he did the first. The ref in the Korea-Sweden match was terrible though, think there were like 50 fouls called.

el3mel

Maybe an exaggeration but I expect Lukaku to score from pretty every accurate cross on his head. He surely has one of the best heading scoring ability in football now ?

cyberman

I think you're being deliberately disingenuous here because you wanted to call someone out on something that wasn't necessarily there.

No two players are exactly the same but we compare players all the time without it necessarily being solely about race. Benteke on his day is better off the shoulder than you are giving him credit for and Lukaku is far from "terrible in the air".

He isn't a target man, Benteke is obviously more effective in that role, but Lukaku is superb with a headed opportunity in the box. In fact, the way both players accelerate from deep to meet crosses powerfully with their heads is very similar.
Benteke has no pace, he doesn't get in behind and isn't strong in the air. He doesn't drift wide nor does he even score goals.
Theyre not similar at all.
Benteke is a stationary target who is more in line with Shane Long than Lukaku.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Talking about brothers playing together, Belgiums surely seems to promote their talent in pairs, the Hazards now, Lukaku's in the last Euro, and I can also remember the Mpenza brothers back in 98' and 00'