Day 5: Switzerland vs Cameroon | Uruguay vs South Korea | Portugal vs Ghana | Brazil vs Serbia

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Roberto Carlos and Cafu in the stands, looking disappointed at the level of the fullbacks today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think you're wrong about what you listed. Every team has a system, the problem I have with some fans is that they think hyper possession football is the only way to win games. There are advantages and disadvantages to that. France won the world cup, they played a system, just because it's not the system that you want doesn't mean it's not a system
Sufferball and rely on individuals in attack is a decent but frustrating international system - until it comes up against similar level players with an actual progressive system. That's what I'm trying to say. It limits the ceiling that a group of players can reach, but TBF, it tends to do well to avoid upsets (see Germany v Japan...).

It's not so much possession football, you can be aggressive and counter but it's very clear that you need a quality pressing system off the ball to be successful today. And teams that can implement that are more likely to be successful.

Denis79

So much better when we atleast try to play. Very likely Brazil will get another goal on the counter but atleast we're trying.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Am saying nothing more about Richarlison :lol:

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
The problem is going into the tournament thinking Brazil are clear favourites when there was no real reason to think so IMO.
They’ve been the favourites at every World Cup since they last won it haven’t they? Even 2010 I think when Spain had the best squad by miles. They’re always the favourites. Because they’re Brazil.

to be fair this is probably the best squad they’ve had since 06 on paper.

what a goal :lol: