Day 5: Switzerland vs Cameroon | Uruguay vs South Korea | Portugal vs Ghana | Brazil vs Serbia

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Annoyingly he is exactly the player we needed up front

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They’ve been the favourites at every World Cup since they last won it haven’t they? Even 2010 I think when Spain had the best squad by miles. They’re always the favourites. Because they’re Brazil.

to be fair this is probably the best squad they’ve had since 06 on paper.

what a goal :lol:
Yeah that's the problem with international football. People overrate based on name value without paying any attention to team balance, weaknesses, form and opponents played during that form... Spain nowhere to be seen among favourites until people actually see them in the world Cup, when they have the best coach probably.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So many genius people in here saying Richarlison is rubbish. He is Brazil's best striker.
He isn't a goal machine but he's a pretty good fit with their wingers. The very low defense with 2 gorillas didn't suit him.

RedRoach

My word! Incredible goal! The first touch to tee it up was impressive but I never expected him to pull off smashing in the bicycle kick :eek:

fallengt

Serbia won their group without a loss. I expected a better fight
This is really poor from them.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Jesus coming on I think

HookedOnAPhelan

Honestly I don't think that's a particularly great goal. He fecks up his first touch, but makes up for it with a bit of acrobatical magic, but only because the defense don't do their job. He should never have been allowed that much time in the box. Well done, but should never win best goal in WC.

This goal reminds me of the Giroud volley for Arsenal, or the Mkhitaryan scorpion goal for United - both of which I thought were wildly overrated.