Day 5: Switzerland vs Cameroon | Uruguay vs South Korea | Portugal vs Ghana | Brazil vs Serbia

Djemba-Djemba

Cameroon have lost their last 8 games at World Cups and have 1 win in their last 17.

I had no idea they'd been so terrible.

RedDevilRoshi

The way Cameroon played as soon as they went one goal down, you’d have thought they were leading. Got what they deserved in the end.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They didn't arrive at all at the 2018 World Cup.

A worrying pattern maybe developing.
Yeah and such a damn shame. Sub-Sahara African countries almost undoubtedly have so much talent, they certainly have the physical attributes for it. If you see that a country like Nigeria has a population total of England, Germany and France combined, it's painful that they can't even qualify these days. Lack of infrastructure and talent development likely the main issues, but nonetheless a shame imo. It would be a great addition to the WC if African countries could compete on a regular basis.

Ghana 2010 was very cool.

AndyMUFC

Switzerland are just well organised and experienced and once they got that goal Cameroon didn't have the know-how to break them down.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Some teams look like they're all shattered by the 50th minute.

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t know if he’s commentated before but Andros Townsend came across like a natural and really likeable. Should be on England games going forward instead of that miserable prat Jenas.

Flexdegea

Pellistri. Too big for the PL, the WC is his stage. :devil:
Mad that he can't even get off our bench for a game, starting in a world cup opener.

Let's hope he has a storming world cup, then that be another unreal talent we got.

Obvs he already a top talent, but hasn't had much chance to show that, very young as well

Toni Roncoroni

Yeah. I remember wanting United to sign him quite strongly.

Just seen he's at Monaco now, so he never really produced at Gladbach?
Had his moments at Gladbach but was often injured or had once and off-field story which didn't help him. Was better the last few months at Gladbach. But I think the switch to Monaco was good for him. From what I read he is playing good football there and has also decent numbers. Hope he finally grew up. But looks fit and ready to go. Let's see what he will offer in the next two games...

SoCross

Looking forward to seeing the Korean butcher play for the first time to see if he lives up to the hype.

diarm

Don’t know if he’s commentated before but Andros Townsend came across like a natural and really likeable. Should be on England games going forward instead of that miserable prat Jenas.
I remember him doing a bit of TV work before and being very likeable then too.

Mike Smalling

The entire back four plus the goalkeeper for South Korea has the same last name :lol: a commentators nightmare.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
GK: Kim
DF: Kim, Kim, Kim, Kim

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
The entire back four plus the goalkeeper for South Korea has the same last name :lol: a commentators nightmare.
It's three times at the start and two times at the end of the name so I think only three of them have Kim as last name, don't they?

At least looking at how they did Son's name: Son Heung-Min. I have no idea how names work in South Korean.

Mike Smalling

It's three times at the start and two times at the end of the name so I think only three of them have Kim as last name, don't they?

At least looking at how they did Son's name: Son Heung-Min.
Could be, but when I checked the line-ups on livescore, it showed up like this:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Could be, but when I checked the line-ups on livescore, it showed up like this:

:lol:

Fair enough! LiveScore app shows it differently so don't have a clue.

Come on Uruguay. Hoping they get far in the tournament.

saik

Holy shit!! Is that the Varela that played for us years ago ? :eek:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It's absolutely wild that Pellistri starts for Uruguay at a World Cup but doesn't get any minutes at all at club level