Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would have been a travesty if Wales escaped that with a (heroic) point. Iran should have won that game twice over.

Oranges038

Luckily for Gareth he's in a golf state, so he'll have plenty to do when Wales get knocked out by the US.

RoyH1

What a wonderful WC this is turning out. Keep going Asian teams. Beautiful.
You're not supposed to write this kind of thing. Don't you know that the football on display is atrociously terrible and all non-European teams bar Brazil beneath our contempt?

Dazzmondo

USA vs Iran is going to be a very spicy game. US media are going to have fun with that one

Ramos

I can't imagine Qatar just losing again without a fight against a Senegal with many injuries, but they looked so amateurish in that opening game.

RedDevilMachine

Really pathetic from the BBC to try and act as if Iran were involved in gamesmanship. More like, Wales were diving all over the place.
That's what I hate about British media, they were always going to be biased and even more so with Iran being anti-western.

Abraxas

Unfortunately for Wales this is a tournament too far for Bale and Ramsey and without them being good players anymore there is too little to shout about in the squad. Iran deserved it.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
So glad the World can see how shit Bale is. Has been for years. Stick to golf.

Kopral Jono

I'm so happy for Iran and the Iranian players. I hope this will bring a little smile to its people.

Chief123

Don't want to take anything away from England but Iran are really bad. This match was like two bad teams fighting out who can make less mistakes at the end. And Wales did with a massive brainfart by their GK, and paid the price. Otherwise this match had 0-0 draw all over it.
Yeah I don’t think Iran are great but I also don’t think they are as bad as how we made them look. England were comfortable from 1st minute and fully in control.

acnumber9

It discourages people from jumping with you or into you. Makes claiming a high ball much easier once they see that knee they stay grounded.

If your going for a ball in the air in the box you should expect to get clattered by the keeper at some point.
I know what it does. It would discouraged people from jumping with a striker if they were allowed to do it but they aren’t.

Pronewbie

Peep
Mendy’s fall from grace rivals that of De Gea’s. Reckon Qatar could nick a draw if they’re really lucky with his blunders. Otherwise surely Senegal have too much quality..

Telsim

Just watched that red card. Did he forget he is on a football pitch and not in a dojo? :eek:

RedDevilMachine

Out of Wales's hands now. They need England to beat USA by a big goal margin and then hope that Iran lose to USA and beat England. Tough call. They're pretty much eliminated now unless England goes out of their way to do a favour for them. 2nd probably goes to Iran now if USA loses which I expect them to and Iran just need a draw on the final match day.

TheReligion

Abusive
Out of Wales's hands now. They need England to beat USA by a big goal margin and then hope that Iran lose to USA and beat England. Tough call. They're pretty much eliminated now unless England goes out of their way to do a favour for them. 2nd probably goes to Iran now if USA loses which I expect them to and Iran just need a draw on the final match day.
Yeah the whole of Wales needs to get behind England tonight!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mendy’s fall from grace rivals that of De Gea’s. Reckon Qatar could nick a draw if they’re really lucky with his blunders. Otherwise surely Senegal have too much quality..
Mendy's career path has been an odd one. Mid table Ligue 1 keeper until his late 20s, then suddenly looked like one of the best in the world for a solid year... before being benched by Kepa.

TheReligion

Abusive
Mendy's career path has been an odd one. Mid table Ligue 1 keeper until his late 20s, then suddenly looked like one of the best in the world for a solid year... before being benched by Kepa.
Dig your England shirt out for later!

saivet

Hopefully England can do the job and get a win tonight as that would effectively see us through as group winners

Pronewbie

Peep
:lol: Thanks, didn’t know his history. I’m only tempted to take a punt on Qatar because of him.

Kopral Jono

Wow, what an ending....weirdest thing was just feeling how different this would have felt 3 months ago compared to now (personally almost felt indifferent, it's like my mind and body clashing to weather create an emotional response or not)...but you can't say it was undeserved. Also both our goals in Russia came in second half injury time, penalty monday and now this. Must be some streak.

What a crying shame that the regime will use this as propaganda of how they won because players sang? the anthem pre-match and how it was the magic of that caused the win bla bla. Ugh, and now to USA on Tuesday...civil war inside my body really.....Shame it's like this, as just yesterday the regime arrested a former-national team player (Vouria Ghafouri) who was part of the WC2014 roster and handcuffed him at his team's training in front of his teammates for his instagram posts about the protests.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...fouri-arrested-ahead-of-wales-match-world-cup

Also, how bad are Wales? I've seen teams like Lebanon and Bahrain give Iran much tougher game than Wales. They were utter turd all match.Wow!

Also, AFC teams...well done to them.
I wouldn't call that singing -- they barely moved their lips! In any case, I'm not sure if it's appropriate for me to say I'm happy for you. I just hope this brings respite for Iranian people the world over and maybe this would include you, I don't know.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Klinsmann is a fecking moron, what is he talking about?

"...in their culture to cheat, lucky they had a Guatemalan referee..."

Racist prick
How did Iran cheat? I didn't watch the whole game so perhaps I missed something

AndyMUFC

Iran have gone from losing 6-2 to us to having a great chance of getting through to the knockouts.