Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

Lyricist

I don't think the ref understands when to award a corner and when to award a goalkick.
That's the 5th time now he got that wrong. :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It’s not. It’s just the traditional white clothing making them look empty.
It's both. Reams of fans have now fecked off and it still looks the same. The seats in that middle section are white as well.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Late to the party but Wales are probably worst UK or Ireland team in World Cup since I started watching (1990). Utter shite.
I think the gap is just closing between Asia and the mid tier of Europe.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Here's what I found (it's from the Daily Mail but I doubt they'd change his own quote". It actually sounds worse to me:

'It is not by coincidence, it is part of their culture, how they play. They worked the referee. They work the linesman and fourth official, they are constantly in their ear. There were a lot of incidents we didn't see,' said the former USA manager.

'This is their culture, they take you off your game.'

'It would have been different with a different referee. They have five people around the referee. This did not play into the hands of Wales.'
Sounds less worse here to me

He is talking about working the referee like the spanish, portuguese, argentinians,brazilians, and the rest of latinamericans most of the time do, the so called "dark arts" that people complain about Bruno in United.

As much as people is complaining, he is talking merely about football culture, and people wouldn't give a crap if he said that about spanish, portuguese, italian, or argentinian players.

Not sure if iranians do that or they do it usually, cause i barely watch any of their games though.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just love the dancing culture of some nations. They just look happy.

I wanna see a Brazil v Senegal dance off

PoTMS

Senegal really should have been thinking about goal difference. They literally went out last time round due to... picking up more yellows. Really poor showing in the second half.

Sylar

At least Qatar have a goal. But theyre out unless Ecuador win :lol:

AndyMUFC

Bit better from Qatar when they went 2-0 down, shackles came off though they're still going to go down as the worst hosts. Senegal v Ecuador should be a good one.

Kopral Jono

Senegal need to be better than this if they're going to beat Ecuador in the final round of games.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Another game where I feel the negative tactics ruined the underdog, they just sat in and weighted to be beaten to have a go.

Sylar

I wouldn't put it past Ecuador to get a point against the Dutch. They may end up being the surprise package this year. They were certainly better than this Senegal team against Qatar.
Yeah especially with the way LVG sets up when Memphis isnt playing.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I wouldn't put it past Ecuador to get a point against the Dutch. They may end up being the surprise package this year. They were certainly better than this Senegal team against Qatar.
At 2-1 I was fully expecting them to play for a draw and get it. Final game they'd be through win or draw while the Dutch would know they should be topping the group.

At 3-1 only a win works so it all sort of falls on its arse. I'd still let Netherlands have the initiative, they look quite toothless.

PoTMS

At 2-1 I was fully expecting them to play for a draw and get it. Final game they'd be through win or draw.

At 3-1 only a win works so it all sort of falls on its arse. I'd still let Netherlands have the initiative, they look quite toothless.
Or just only lose by 1. Senegal lost 2-0 to Holland.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Klaasen starting as a 10, come on... lvG classic, taking off an attacking mid and a striker for a DM (fair) and a discount Van De Beek (strange)

RedDevilMachine

There's many reasons Qatar shouldn't have the world cup, but ironically being bad at football isn't one of them.
I'm tired of political correctness, let's just keep it to football. If you feel so strongly against Qatar hosting the World Cup because of the media narrative, then don't watch the World Cup.

PoTMS

Honestly, which bellend at ITV thought Matterface would be better than Champion/Tyldesley/Drury as the main commentator?

slyadams

I'm tired of political correctness, let's just keep it to football. If you feel so strongly against Qatar hosting the World Cup because of the media narrative, then don't watch the World Cup.
I think you missed my point completely.