Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

Skills

Snitch
Is it me or does Declan Rice hide behind an opposition player when Stones and Maguire are trying to play it out?
He's worse when England play 3 at the back. Then he just plays second LB in between Maguire and Shaw

Vapor trail

interesting tactical change by Berhalter going 4411but pushing Weston out wide....basically saying Stones and Maguire have to start possession every time
Think there's signs of England being overrun in the midfield dependant on if USA up the tempo and play on the front foot.

Tony247

Except spain and Brazil I haven't seen high press by other teams. Wonder why?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's worse when England play 3 at the back. Then he just plays second LB in between Maguire and Shaw
Unless he goes to an Atletico or Spurs he's going to flop at an elite or elite ish side.

He simply doesn't have enough in his locker in possesion.

RedDevilMachine

England 0-0 USA
Harry Maguire turns into Diego Maradona for a second*. After a corner is headed out of the box to the right, the defender keeps the ball in and then weaves past a couple of challenges before poking a pass into the middle. It is cleared and then fired well over from range by Mason Mount.
*OK, that's maybe overselling a bit. Look, he beat a man alright.

From BBC live. I'm convinced that these journalists/commentator just come on here and steal some of the posts here.

arnie_ni

Is it me or does Declan Rice hide behind an opposition player when Stones and Maguire are trying to play it out?
He always seems to be standing in the way. Like next to another england player in the way of their passing lane

acnumber9

Maybe if you can't tackle without putting an opponent in danger then you shouldn't be allowed to do that either.

It's a physical game, you accept the risks of contact the moment you step on the pitch.
There’s already a rule for that. That’s why we get free kicks.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can't say am loving the start of this game.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This formation for the US is going to leave the left wide open for Shaw as Weah is not tracking back and McKennie is being sucked inside.

Dazzmondo

He looks better in the national team than he does with us.
He made a bad mistake for one of Iran's goals. So far he hasn't had to defend much due to England dominating against significantly weaker teams.

Bole Top

not that I care that much, but what was the name of that American player that used to play for Roma and Leverkusen not that long ago? defensive midfielder I think, bald.