Day 6: Wales vs Iran | Qatar vs Senegal | Netherlands vs Ecuador | England vs USA

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Netherlands and Van Gaal did the same against Ecuador today. Its about reading the flow of the game.

That being said, the addition of Henderson isn't necessarily negative. It may give us a better balance.

Time will tell.
Yeah there's little point changing your attackers when you barely get hold of the ball

atkar83

Why the hell don’t we press? Have never understood this, we have supposedly the most physical league in the world, we should be dominating teams in that aspect and yet we’re standing off a well organised but pretty average USA team.
I'm guessing instructions, but Graelish came on an instinctively started pressing, probably Pep being drilled into him. Not sure how much Spurs (Kane) and Chelsea (Mount) press as a team though, because those players don't do much of it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I said earlier Aaronson should have started in a False 9 role. He'll press and is fantastic on counters, rapid.
Yes he would be the other option if Reyna isn't fit enough.

Really good stuff from US, they've paced themselves very well considering they burnt out after an hour v Wales.

Funny thing here is 0-0 or losing 1-0 dosen't change anything regarding qualification, will still need to beat Iran last match which will be a cracker so a bonus last 20 minutes with that scenario.

arnie_ni

Yeah, the same has been true for Camavinga. He has generally looked shaky with France while being far better for Real Madrid including in the CL. International Football is just different, I think that it has a lot to do with being unfamiliar with your teammates.
The inverse happens a alot as well, I don't like thinking we must buy such and such after a class international tourny

fallengt

South Gate is so fecking disrespectful.
At least pretend that you care.

Call me crazy but a draw is exactly what he wants.

90 + 5min

A few years ago you could have made that argument but he’s been shite for ages. That being said it’s a low bar tonight, so let’s see
He is clever player and despite his age a well working central midfielder that gives you balance. Bellingham is still a young kid who should be watching from bench. While Rice should be on the bench to, for his lack of quality. How these two got high reputation and would cost over 100m, I will never know.

Withnail

Dear God no, but come on, admit it, Maguire is having an excellent game.
In a conservative gameplan where the defense is in a low block. That's his comfort zone. United don't and shouldn't play that way very often.

Play a pressing style with a high line and he's like a fish out of water.

Deery

Dreary
I don't know why people laugh at Henderson. He is better than Bellingham and Rice and should be starting. Without question.
He’s England’s best midfielder, don’t listen to half these clowns.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
England are going nowhere. Pure muck.
There’s enough talent in the squad, it’s almost impressive to have them performing this bad. You’d think you could just say, “feck it lads, no tactics, just go and play”….and get a better performance than this

hobbers

England look exactly the same as Nations League version we've seen for the last 6 months. Garbage.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Seems the pitch side mics are bad or have been lowered because I can barely hear anything on the broadcast in Germany. If there isn't crowd noise then at least you can hear the sound of the ball being kicked, can't hear that as well so must mean the sound is lowered.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The inverse happens a alot as well, I don't like thinking we must buy such and such after a class international tourny
Yeah, if the team is well organized some players can be elevated but very young players are rarely the ones benefitting from this. I think that it's generally one of the regular player.

Tony247

England can sucker punch in dying minutes. Just don't let American score first.