Day 7: Tunisia vs Australia | Poland vs Saudi Arabia | France vs Denmark | Argentina vs Mexico

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think it has been a tad boring. Interesting midfield battle I suppose but not a lot of pace or intensity in the final third from either side. Neither willing to commit numbers for breaking through the lines or overlaps to create any numerical superiority in areas.
Think a draw suits both. There both playing not to lose.

Man-United

Why is Kasper not captain?

edit: ok, he is. I thought Eriksen was captain last game when Kjaer went out.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Rabiot is a very good ballwinner. I'm actually really annoyed watching him at the moment. Our fans are literally the worst. He could have come in for 20m. Yes, Im happy we got Casemiro who is better, but the ease in which our fans say no and insult our board is outrageus. We literally had twitter laughing at us for trying to sign him due to United fans, turns our he's actually class.
There is nothing to be annoyed . He has always been a good player but comes with a luggage. He has been Juve's best player this season too. Best thing is he could play double pivot with Casemiro . So not exactly a like to like option .

He is still on his last year of contract and could still be signed for free. But I believe he will sign for Newcastle and form a great partnership with Bruno.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I think 0-0 immediately equates to a snoozefest for many people regardless of what's actually happened in the match
Yeah I've seen crap halves that are 2-2 going into the break and great halves finishing 0-0.

Think it's been an entertaining half but I'm into the tactical battle moreso than the scorelines.

PoTMS

Denmark need to target France's left hand side. Mbappe isn't bothering to track back leaving Hernandez all alone as opposed to Dembele on the other side who has been great going both ways.

tjb

Why are you complaining when we got a significantly better player than him? He also only entered some good form recently. Before this season he had been very poor. Him not coming had nothing to do with the fans anyway, it was down to him asking for too much money.
Just from watching him. How he uses his body, the awareness of space and he's actually quite good at bringing the ball out of defence. There is no way, even with poorer form that he wasn't good enough for us.

Look at Dembele, obviously a really good player if you watch him, even last season. Yet straight no from our fans

My annoyance comes from the fact that whenever we want to sign players who aren't already classed as world beaters, our fans treat it like the end of the world and use it as an excuse to insult the club, encouraging other opposition fans to do so.

RedDevilRoshi

Think a draw suits both. There both playing not to lose.
Draw suits France more than Denmark imo. Denmark would be going into the Australia game needing a win to go through rather than the other way around.

tjb

Denmark need to target France's left hand side. Mbappe isn't bothering to track back leaving Hernandez all alone as opposed to Dembele on the other side who has been great both ways.
It's too obvious not to be purposeful. Mbappe is playing really high, even higher than Giroud. I think he's helping Giroud to cover the back 3. Rabiot is partially covering that left wing back for Denmark and Griezman is partially dropping deeper to support Tchouemeni. The 4231 from France is a bit lopsided. I'm not sure its a lack of tracking back, more of a positioning.

ExoduS

Is there anywhere stats on team running, not individual players? Trying to find stat about which team so far covered most ground. Googled it for a bit but can't find that particular stat yet.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
There is nothing to be annoyed . He has always been a good player but comes with a luggage. He has been Juve's best player this season too. Best thing is he could play double pivot with Casemiro . So not exactly a like to like option .

He is still on his last year of contract and could still be signed for free. But I believe he will sign for Newcastle and form a great partnership with Bruno.
That's the problem with Rabiot, he's one of Juve's best players this season but was one of the worst last season and totally average the year before. He tunes in when he feels like it and it's not always at the right time.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Cornelius, Braithwaite, Dolberg, danish options upfront arent great, good for us

Chip

Rabiot actually reminds me a lot of Timothée Chalamet. Why have I never thought of this before?

Deery

Dreary
Holjberg is a really decent player isn’t very underrated

Dazzmondo

Just from watching him. How he uses his body, the awareness of space and he's actually quite good at bringing the ball out of defence. There is no way, even with poorer form that he wasn't good enough for us.

Look at Dembele, obviously a really good player if you watch him, even last season. Yet straight no from our fans

My annoyance comes from the fact that whenever we want to sign players who aren't already classed as world beaters, our fans treat it like the end of the world and use it as an excuse to insult the club, encouraging other opposition fans to do so.
Happens with fans of any top team. Dembele case was different imo. I'll hold my hand up, when we were linked a couple years ago I was against it because of his injury problems. Was always an extremely talented player going back to his time at Dortmund, but he had missed so much time for Barcelona since he signed for them and would have been on massive wages. He's managed to get past those injuries somehow, not sure what exactly he did to fix that but fair play to him.

Rabiot had been decent for PSG and definitely had talent but even there he had some consistency problems. Since he went to Juventus he had been really poor when we were linked with him. Tbf he had been played in numerous different midfield positions which probably didn't help. He has been excellent this season and has brought that form into the WC, but how would the people who were sceptical of the deal have known he would suddenly become great after showing very little for so long? I wasn't completely against signing Rabiot without being too impressed either, but if I knew Casemiro was possible at the time I similarly would have been very against the deal. If ETH thinks it would be worth having Rabiot beside Casemiro we can always sign him on a free in the summer. Personally still not that fussed about signing him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Dull game. Denmark are a bit of a defensive, toothless team who know they will probably go through if they wait to beat Australia. France are like England last night just avoiding defeat to go through before the serious business.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Who do France have on the bench to freshen things up?

This game has fizzled out.

PoTMS

Mbappe and Dembele against Maguire. Jeez, I don't even wanna think about the outcome.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Dull game. Denmark are a bit of a defensive, toothless team who know they will probably go through if they wait to beat Australia. France are like England last night just avoiding defeat to go through before the serious business.
You didn't watch the first half did you?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Giroud just getting in the way wtf

Deery

Dreary
Denmark going to get done now as they look for a goal of their own.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Great turn shame about the finish.