Day 7: Tunisia vs Australia | Poland vs Saudi Arabia | France vs Denmark | Argentina vs Mexico

antk

How in the world hasn't this pen been retaken? Scezny was (seemed?) not on the line

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The stoppage time in these World Cup games are mad. Imagine if we had this many in every prem game.

Red Star One

How many penalties this tournament were badly taken? Good job by Szczesny, but few of those penalty saves last few games were quite easy, I miss the strong fecking unsaveable penalties instead of these soft kicks that are not even effective as keepers might have learned something.

The Firestarter

10 minute ET for first half. Yesterday I thought things were getting back to normal. Maybe some refs didn't get the memo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How in the world hasn't this pen been retaken? Scezny was not on the line
That's what I can't work out.
He very clearly was marginally off his line when it was struck.

The pundits and the ref are totally wrong claiming the opposite.

Idxomer

There's an obvious justification for the crazy stoppage time but people just want to scream corruption at anything with this World Cup.

Smacky The Frog

This ref has been terrible for both sides.
Him and the Portugal-Ghana ref appear to have not got the memo the rest of the refs have.

SA have played well but the theatrics are off-putting. Clearly think they can con this ref now.

The Firestarter

There's an obvious justification for the crazy stoppage time but people just want to scream corruption at anything with this World Cup.
What is it ? How long did the VAR take? There was one other incident that took 2 mins tops

antk

I mean the effective playing time stats in football totally justify this. This is the one sensible thing FIFA have done.
My only complaint would be to implement that on the very specific season where players are already playing more than ever

Dazzmondo

100% I actually like the change. There's too much time wasting in football. Plenty of people have asked for the clock to be stopped once the ball goes out of play, yet now there are complaints about a change that accomplishes the same thing :rolleyes:

CloneMC16

I'm fine with the crazy amount of ET. It will get rid of time wasting that we see every game in the PL. I want to see the same thing there.

SRB87

Supports
ACU
Who is the worst European nation at the tournament? Wales, Poland or Serbia? The latter amazingly even topped their group which included Portugal.
how do you throw Serbia in that mix considering we played arguably the best team in the world and only played one game. No one really thought we could really win especially considering our injuries.

I mean, our performance was probably better than Englands vs the USA.