Day 8: Japan vs. Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.banty10

He's their best player though, and has been better than Kagawa.
Wrong, Honda hasn't been better and isn't Japan's best player.
Just because, he score goals doesn't mean he didn't have a shit performance, similar to Rooney's performance these days.

T.banty10

Shinji did nothing for them last game, and Honda generally delivers for them. I'd rather him than Shinji at the moment. The team has just been terrible.
He dictated the tempo when he came on and created a very good chance for them.
I would rather Shinji in the centre of play than that shit house of Honda who plays more like a forward and does nothing all day other than to score, considering he's an attacking midfielder.

T.banty10

Kagawa looks hungry.

Never looked like this playing for us...
Yet He was our best player in the CL.
And if you didn't see his fantastic performance against Swansea, Villa, Newcastle, Westham e.t.c, then you need to close that your eyes because it's of no use, it's the best advice I can offer to you.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Watch Greece sneak a 1-0 against Ivory Coast now to get out of the groups.

Pyro19

Who were they crossing in the ball for? It seemed like Moyes vs Fulham but with even shorter attackers up front.
Why not just try to break it down in front of them and take advantage of the extra man?

Ace of Spades

I am not sure why they were crossing the ball so much, no way they were going to win there against the Greeks with tactics like that.

A new manager who can add some individuality and physicality to their game while keeping the positives will be a good change for them.

In Rainbows

Japan are playing like they did for most of their awful 2013 (minus a couple of matches). They can not create. They scored a total of 5 goals against Serbia, Belarus, Canada, Australia, Jordan, Iraq, and Bulgaria in 2013. Japan need more players capable of dribbling and more players capable of creating their own chances. Crossing and passing the ball around outside of the box won't break a team down.

Since the Netherlands and Belgium matches, I thought they were heading in the right track, but it looks like they regressed again. Disappointing.

I told you Mad Winger. Them advancing was never a sure thing after they showed they could struggle to break teams down in 2013.

Minamino and Usami need to be integrated into the team in the next few years.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Japan looks awful so far, expected more from them. Wouldn't be surprised if they will finish last in one of the easiest group, overrated team so far.

Mad Winger

I told you Mad Winger. Them advancing was never a sure thing.
I never said so either. I merely stated that Japan should expect to at least advance from the group, since they managed to do just that in 2010, in a tougher group with a weaker team.

On paper, Japan is the second best team in that group. On par with Ivory Coast at the very minimum. They're having a bad tournament, that's all. I'm not sure if the team is bottling it or Zaccheroni has turned to coward tactics, but whatever it is, it's not working. This is nothing like the Japan team I know.

Kakeru

He dictated the tempo when he came on and created a very good chance for them.
I would rather Shinji in the centre of play than that shit house of Honda who plays more like a forward and does nothing all day other than to score, considering he's an attacking midfielder.
If Honda only thinks about playing like a forward, then he can and should play there for everyone's good while letting attacking midfield duties to other people. This guy has shades of Rooney when it comes to being shit as an AM while not ordered to play as a full-time forward.

A new manager who can add some individuality and physicality to their game while keeping the positives will be a good change for them.
Not only that, that manager MUST have the balls to make unpopular choices by dropping those who don't match the requirements of the improvement plan. Also, I hope to see a mass exodus of Japanese players towards European leagues as well; it can only help building a better dose of individuality along with skills in each player.

Kakeru

On paper, Japan is the second best team in that group. On par with Ivory Coast at the very minimum. They're having a bad tournament, that's all. I'm not sure if the team is bottling it or Zaccheroni has turned to coward tactics, but whatever it is, it's not working. This is nothing like the Japan team I know.
I would say a big chunk of the blame falls down on the manager because he's the one choosing players and tactics. When the second half kicked in, I was expecting Yamaguchi to be pulled off for an extra attacking option. Zaccheroni should have thrown the kitchen sink because he knew what was at stakes, but no he looked like David Moyes Mk. II since the beginning of the World Cup. On the other hand, a number of players have not been performing at all; with 3 wins in a row coming into the tournament, you'd expect more confidence in that Japanese side as a whole.

Whoever comes next as manager better show some balls... something we have said a few months ago about United as well.

In Rainbows

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised Kiyotake hasn't played. If you're going to bench Kagawa, why not play him? The guy is a creative player and probably did the best in Europe last season (arguably with Okazaki).

Zacc has been poor.

Cantonarightboot

Bloody Japan cost me €100 in a bet!!! My mates and me we're supporting Japan in the WC, But after that last night... unforgivable!! How on earth can they not beat 10 man Greece!!

What I saw of it last night (up to about 60th min) all they did was lob crosses in... ffs, crosses into guys about 5 feet nothing against Greeks about 6 ft!!!

Go home Japan your drunk!!!

Mr.Plow

They should be banned from all major tournaments, such an annoying unbearable team to watch.
Don't count on it! We'll be there at Euro 2016 to put you all to sleep, just look at our qualifying group.

Seriously though, I hope this is the last time we see this incarnation of Greece. This shitty players who have no ability and just have it programmed in them to grind out a victory are all reaching their mid 30s and we have some decent players coming through. With Ranieri taking over as manager, I hope we can at least look competent at the next Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.