g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Day 8: Japan vs. Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyricist

Greece will somehow beat Ivory Coast and advance, it's inevitable.

It's what I've been thinking all along.

It's unbelievable really. I see nothing that Greece really ever has to offer. But somehow they always make it through qualifying and they always get a couple of points in the big tournaments or even advance. Ridiculous!

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
And people claim African sides are toothless. The Asian teams are even worse.

Dylan94

In think some of us have been scratching around for a while Gary the games been that boring.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Japan, they have been poor but I'd rather watch them than that shower of absolute shite that is Greece. No offence to any greeks here.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Is it weird that I actually kind of enjoyed that game?

ea385

Both these teams are horrible. Japan as a World Power of Football is a few years away it seems.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Japan is not good at football. They seem good because of that short passing and movement, but other than that they are quite ordinary. Plus EVERY player is the same. I really like them but they have only one way of playing football, and not very effetive.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
They got physically dominated in the second half against the Ivory Coast, and were terrified to take any risks in this game. If that is what Japan are like in every competitive game then they will never achieve anything. They made it easy for Greece.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Japan have been so disappointing. No penetration and a poor defence leads to them not being very good.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Why are people claiming Greece have a chance? They need to beat Ivory Coast by 3 goals. That's not happening.

baggio

Colombia and Ivory Coast was a good game. The England/Uruguay game was good for the neutral. This was awful but who thought it would be good? It's Greece with 10 men, they are hard enough to watch with 11.
You're right, just disappointed by the England result and Japan this match, really enjoyed 2nd half of Colombia v. Ivory.

Stadjer

Really boring match. Greece is just an average team at best but im dissapointed with Japan because they played really well at last Confed cup. Hopefully both teams go out after the group stages.

LetMeRollIt

Game was actually more difficult for Japan after the Greek player got the second yellow card. Some charges called foul while others not.

ottosec

A long way to go for Japan to play with the big boys. They are basically the Kagawa of teams, people tell great stories about them, but when it comes to actually playing the game they suck,.

Dylan94

Jesus Christ I said at the start of the night that this could be a borefest with a 0-0 result. But I didn't think I would still be right after Japan had a man advantage for 70 odd minutes. This was very nearly as bad as Nigeria v Iran.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
This group (Japan, Ivory Coast, Greece and Colombia) is such a shit group. As is the Argentina, Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria group and the France, Switzerland, Honduras and Ecuador one.

Iran - Nigeria, Switzerland - Honduras/Ecuador, Honduras - Ecuador, Japan - Greece are all such nothing games that I couldn't give a feck about watching. South Korea - Algeria is another potential stinker.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
They only have to win as long as Colombia doesn't lose to Japan. Goal difference wouldn't matter then.
Yeah madness on my part. Forgot Ivory Coast lost their game.

Will be ridiculous if these cnuts somehow make it through their group yet again.

Bobtu

Although I support all African teams I would love Greece to score from a deflected free kick in the 95th minute. I love good defending. This Greece side is fascinating.
I like your prediction and hope it's right. Come on Greece.

Jaytay

Started willing for Greece to score because of how bad Japan were playing, a really awful, pathetic game from the Japanese who should have beaten Greece at least 2-0. Hope Greece and Japan don't make it to the next round they really have been terrible.

FromTheBench

Although I support all African teams I would love Greece to score from a deflected free kick in the 95th minute. I love good defending. This Greece side is fascinating.
I enjoy good defending by the defenders.

Not a full defensive team that has nothing much to offer in attack.

Iran vs Greece should be fascinating game. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.