Day 8: Sweden vs Slovakia | Croatia vs Czech Republic | England vs Scotland

userman

What a miserable match so far - they way Sweden plays, and their approach, makes me prefer watching paint dry..

marktan

Why don't Sweden start Halaand and Odegaard? Really don't understand the defensive approach when you have players like that.

Gator Nate

Studio Commentator #1: So what needs to change for the second half?

Studio Commentator #2: The two teams playing.

Catania

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
Catania
I don't understand the thinking behind this. Even if they somehow squeeze through, who is enjoying watching them, do their own fans even want to see it? What is the point, may as well go and play some football and let it fall where it may. Surely they have a few individuals that are of a quality they they can go and play against Slovakia.

Hopefully they come out with something else second half, I think they should be able to do more than this.
Wouldn't call my self a fan of Sweden but I live here and is always fun if Sweden do good as the atmosphere is more fun in the city.
But no, dont enjoying this, this is just embarrassing, and if they play like this I hope they miss the playoffs.
God bless my Azzurri is playing better ))

marktan

Tbf it's expected a lot of these group stage games will be boring, it's not the world cup. I'm giving the tournament largely a miss until the knockouts.

Sucks for casual viewers but on the balance it lets more teams go to the tourney that usually would struggle to qualify.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Why don't Scotland start Messi and Neymar? Really don't understand the shite approach when you have players like that.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I don't understand the thinking behind this. Even if they somehow squeeze through, who is enjoying watching them, do their own fans even want to see it? What is the point, may as well go and play some football and let it fall where it may. Surely they have a few individuals that are of a quality they they can go and play against Slovakia.

Hopefully they come out with something else second half, I think they should be able to do more than this.
It’s not like we’re not trying to create chances, it’s just that Sweden is always going to play a defense first type of football and if the very few creative players we have isn’t having a good game/aren’t good enough then this is what you’ll get.

Should put Zlatan’s international career into context as well, to do what he did with that sort of supporting cast is borderline miraculous.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
EUROS and WC is something I really look forward to and almost take pride that I watch every single game but honestly, with no offence meant. Some teams simply lower the standards of the tournament so much.
I’m the same, I don’t mind the extra teams though even if some games will be pretty bad, if the top teams are good enough they’ll play each other eventually.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It’s not like we’re not trying to create chances, it’s just that Sweden is always going to play a defense first type of football and if the very few creative players we have isn’t having a good game/aren’t good enough then this is what you’ll get.

Should put Zlatan’s international career into context as well, to do what he did with that sort of supporting cast is borderline miraculous.
They had a much better pool of player 8-9 years ago to be fair. The latest iteration is seriously lacking. Funny how the Scandinavian teams seem to go in a cycle of credibility talent pool wise. Norway up next.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Tbf it's expected a lot of these group stage games will be boring, it's not the world cup. I'm giving the tournament largely a miss until the knockouts.

Sucks for casual viewers but on the balance it lets more teams go to the tourney that usually would struggle to qualify.
To be fair, not many have been boring.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
In this hot war Russia (former ussr)effortlessly swarms most of Europe. South/Central America may give up a fairly good fight though.
I’d probably have Romania and Columbia fighting for the top spot but I’m not having that anyone is far above Sweden.

Red Royal

If Lindelov is our CB next year he should take our throwins. Unless of course Trppier joins, in which case he can. New weapons.

Abraxas

They're on the edge of their own box too much. That is first and foremost a problem of approach not quality. Very difficult for Isak to do anything when his team are miles away. If you're winning the ball on your own box and have no quality that makes the attacking impetus even less as you're miles from the opposition goal.

This is a better start to the half already, marginally. A little more aggression would help a lot I feel.

MU655

Slovakia were quite good against Poland.

I'm thinking Sweden are the problem here. They probably have the two most boring games in the tournament so far.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
They had a much better pool of player 8-9 years ago to be fair. The latest iteration is seriously lacking. Funny how the Scandinavian teams seem to go in a cycle of credibility talent pool wise. Norway up next.
Yea that’s true.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great save from Duvbraka. Game finally getting going.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Some save that from Dubravka

Slovakia were quite good against Poland.

I'm thinking Sweden are the problem here. They probably have the two most boring games in the tournament so far.
They play like a side who's best player is Victor Lindelöf.