Ref: Carlos del Cerro Grande (Spain)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Match 20
Friday 18 June, 21.00 CET @ Wembley Stadium, London
Group D
Ref: Antonio Mateu Lahoz (Spain)​

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Bars are gonna be packed for this. Cant wait. Croatia & Czech is a good starter while I get my drinks in.

Sweden 1-1 Slovakia
Croatia 2-1 Czech Rep
England 5-0 Scotland

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's so rare for 2 home nations to meet in a major tournament. I want England to win, but I hope the Scotland players show up and make a real game of it.

Pavl3n

England vs Scotland ... What a bore fest that would be :lol:

Let's make a Super League. Nobody wants to watch Wales vs Turkey. We all want the Germany vs France, Italy, Portugal, Belguim.

Catch please

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not bothered about today's games. Friday is the one. Start off with some Slovakia with Lobotka hopefully getting a cameo, and then the main event with England. So excited!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not bothered about today's games. Friday is the one. Start off with some Slovakia with Lobotka hopefully getting a cameo, and then the main event with England. So excited!
What? Have you watched the match between Denmark and Belgium? For me better than the one between the Dutch and Ukraine.

The Firestarter

If I read the schedule right, England really would like to finish second in the group. Better to play Sweden Poland or Slovakia than any of France / Portual / Germany.

Posh Red

Is anyone watching the game in Manchester tomorrow? Bar didn’t put my booking down properly and now I’ve spent all day scrapping round looking for an alternative venue which has proved impossible. Any suggestions would be extremely welcome

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some of the distances these teams are flying to and from, Sweden in Seville on Monday and now having to get to St Petersburg?! Couldn't Uefa have given them Copenhagen.

Nearly as bad as Swiss playing in Baku then going to have to play Italy in Rome before finishing off back in Baku v Turkey all in 8 days.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Some of the distances these teams are flying to and from, Sweden in Seville on Monday and now having to get to St Petersburg?! Couldn't Uefa have given them Copenhagen.

Nearly as bad as Swiss playing in Baku then going to have to play Italy in Rome before finishing off back in Baku v Turkey all in 8 days.
Yeah that's just plain bullshit

Yagami

Good post resistant
What? Have you watched the match between Denmark and Belgium? For me better than the one between the Dutch and Ukraine.
I didn't watch any yesterday, mate. I'm glad you enjoyed them, though!

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
England vs Scotland ... What a bore fest that would be :lol:

Let's make a Super League. Nobody wants to watch Wales vs Turkey. We all want the Germany vs France, Italy, Portugal, Belguim.

Catch please
Why wouldn’t you want to watch England Scotland? Borefest?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Looking forward to watching all these games today. Sweden vs Slovakia has the potential to be a fun watch. Isak looked lively the other day and Slovakia were excellent on the counter.

Main course of the England Scotland game with a few beers should be a lovely start to the weekend as well.

Lappen

As a swede I'm not sure what to feel about todays game. Really bad performance and tactical gameplan against spain and it going to be needed a lot of character to turn it around.
Slovakia will surprise swe today I belive.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
As a swede I'm not sure what to feel about todays game. Really bad performance and tactical gameplan against spain and it going to be needed a lot of character to turn it around.
Slovakia will surprise swe today I belive.
I don't know what you'd expect us to do, we have one of the worst squads in the tournament and we were playing away to one of the favorites. We played some shit football (if you can even call it that..) but we can't go toe to toe with a team like that if we want to get a result. We played for the draw and with a little luck we could've won, I think that's more than good enough.

Lappen

I don't know what you'd expect us to do, we have one of the worst squads in the tournament and we were playing away to one of the favorites. We played some shit football (if you can even call it that..) but we can't go toe to toe with a team like that if we want to get a result. We played for the draw and with a little luck we could've won, I think that's more than good enough.
The squad isn't that bad ta start with!
And to say that this is the best we can do for sure isn't true! We have never played with a game-plan like this and to settle with that they are better then us when they had 85% of the ball the first half isent good enough. We had 5 subs to make and a bad gameplan to change, and the dissension was made to do nothing. To make a change after 30 minutes is without risk when you have made 8 passes on the attacking side of the pitch. 8 passes, 12 in total the first half. That is as bad as it can be in football and any change can't get wrong...
We got lucky and did get the point, but the price we pay could be in the games coming up. Its not easy to turn this around.

There is no way in hell that anyone in the team think that the gameplan went the way they hoped for. Of course we wanted to park the bus and hit them on the break... but our setup didn't work, everybody could see how they outsmarted us, and we just kept on doing the same thing....

Sweden team usually play a lot more positive football even against good teams, and we do it good. Ask every English men and women seeing a ton of draws against us.

Lets hope the boys can turn it around today and play some football, but its not easy to "just do" in my opinion.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Grealish has to start. I thought we didn’t look our best against Croatia and ball retention is crucial in international football. Just watching how good Insignhe and Modric are just underlines the importance of this in the team.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Gone for a Slovakia England Croatia treble today.

I think all three games could go either way, obviously England should win but if it stays 0-0 for a while or Scotland sneak a goal it could get interesting.

Slovakia seem too determined to lose against a fairly weak Swedish team imo, and you’d think Croatia would get the points they need now agains Czechs.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I hope England pump us 3/4 goals up at half time. Would save my heart from watching it, if the game is close.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
[
That chap's been at the Ace White Lightening it seems!
I like that the one that’s been on the cider has the right priorities holding a porkpie while his friend has some fruit.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Grealish has to start. I thought we didn’t look our best against Croatia and ball retention is crucial in international football. Just watching how good Insignhe and Modric are just underlines the importance of this in the team.
Not looking likely:
According to The Athletic James and Shaw to replace Walker and Trippier tonight. There's not expected to be any other changes.

Maguire likely to be on the bench.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not looking likely:
Southgate is such a boring coach. A real establishment type.

Yesterday when asked about players removing drinks he just said how important the sponsors were to the game blah blah lick lick.

Kane didn’t want to be drawn into it further

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Czech or Slovakia may be our oppos in the round of 16. From their first round, but seem like an easy opponent. Interesting to see how they get on today.

The Firestarter

This thread not being bumped for an hour when the game has already started says it all really :lol:

El Zoido

This thread not being bumped for an hour when the game has already started says it all really :lol:
I forgot it was on and was watching highlights of England - Scotland from Euro 96 instead. I miss the 90’s, just that overall feeling and mood during that whole tournament, formative years for me which played a huge part. I’ve never loved the England national team as much since.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Will sweden get Kulusevski back before elimination?

Nick7

Slovakia had 7 players inside the box there for a minute. Scoring is going to tough for Sweden.