Day 9: Cameroon vs Serbia | South Korea vs Ghana | Brazil vs Switzerland | Portugal vs Uruguay

PoTMS

What is wrong with some of you? Does it not get tiring finding everything cringe or boring or insulting? Nothing is good enough for the lads of RedCafe these days. That was great stuff from Michael Sheen.

Deery

Dreary
What is wrong with some of you? Does it not get tiring finding everything cringe or boring or insulting? Nothing is good enough for the lads of RedCafe these days. That was great stuff from Michael Sheen.
It was shit even the Wales players looked unimpressed..

lsd

The Oracle
Barely watched more than ten minutes this far off the world cup but think I'll watch the greatest payday in history tonight. Siiiiiuuuuuuu

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I fully expect this game to full of shithousery, diving, screaming, holding faces, rolling around. The lot. I can’t decide who I want to lose more.

GinobiliTheGOAT

They did literally beat France in the Euros...though in fairness France helped a lot with that. France are just generally a bad matchup for Switzerland though since they can play so fast and direct with Mbappé and Dembele, with a big dominant target man in Giroud winning aerial duels and laying the ball off for them

And Brazil were missing Neymar in this game. Ideally in the absence of Neymar they should start Gabriel Jesus and Rodrygo over Richarlison and Paqueta imo, along with Bruno Guimaraes in midfield. Ironically for Brazil they lack quality wingbacks
Any thoughts on Argentina? A win against Poland would further boost their morale and momentum, but I can’t see them beating Spain, France or Germany if you’re asking me today.

Idxomer

Hard to believe the two starting strikers were playing for United just a few months ago together.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ally McCoist said on Talksport this morning that Portugal had more chance of winning without Ronaldo. Wonder if he will change his tune will co-commentating.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Any thoughts on Argentina? A win against Poland would further boost their morale and momentum, but I can’t see them beating Spain, France or Germany if you’re asking me today.
Attack sucks, back to their 2014-16 period only older. Tough to play though, so it's not like they don't have a chance

Dazzmondo

Portugal lack in terms of CB that they have to play a terrible Danilo. They also lack quality at the striker position despite the presence of Homelander
They have an excellent young defender in Antonio Silva. They choose to play Pepe over him but it's not a weakness by any means. Felix is a good option up front, with Leao, Bruno, Bernardo Silva, Rafa Silva (who doesn't seem to be in the squad, not sure if that's due to injury or other reasons) and Jota (injured) all good options to support him in attacking positions. Ronaldo and Andre Silva are good options to have in reserve for the striking positions too.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Is it the manager for Portugal you don’t like/believe in?
He’s too pragmatic with the amount of talent we have.

Almost everyone in Portugal wants to see a more offensive coach come in.

Against the big teams he plays too defensive and against smaller teams we don’t take control of the game as we should.

Dazzmondo

Brazil, France and England all have much better well rounded squads than Portugal. Spain and Germany probably are equal but have far superior coaches who make their teams better than the sum of their parts.
England are very poor in the cb and gk positions. You could argue lb also. France I agree are better. I think France's squad is miles better than any other team. Brazil are better in some areas but also weaker in others.