Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Preach.

The upamencao as story sounds bad in hindsight, but that's a terrible precedent to set. I bet there's also a tonne of other stories where we've not done this and it's worked out perfectly.
The main issue at the time was that we promised one thing and then reneged.

MrSingh2002

Upamecano, Konate or Badiashile.

Any of those and I'd be happy. Two and I'd be ecstatic. Unfortunately I think we get none of them and sign some jackass that Woodward could get.

FromTheBench

How is his consistency like?

He sure can have great games but I've heard that he is not replicating that week in week out yet.

We've had many such players/defenders in recent past.

Get young talent

Upamecano, Konate or Badiashile.

Any of those and I'd be happy. Two and I'd be ecstatic. Unfortunately I think we get none of them and sign some jackass that Woodward could get.
Badiashile and Upamecano for me, they both are faster than Konate.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just watch them play, look at there recovery pace and drive with ball.
I've watched all 3 players and Konate's recovery pace is immense. I've yet to see him beaten for pace. German pundits have even stated that he's so quick and athletically/technically gifted that he could play as a winger or at fullback

Badiashile isn't as quick as either.

croadyman

I've watched all 3 players and Konate's recovery pace is immense. I've yet to see him beaten for pace. German pundits have even stated that he's so quick and athletically/technically gifted that he could play as a winger or at fullback

Badiashile isn't as quick as either.
Maybe we are planning to scout both of them next season and buy one of them next summer but highly doubt it

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Konate and Upa are equally fast without the ball imo, but Konate is faster with the ball. I know people have been impressed by Upa's forward runs in those recent games, but it's usually Konate who makes those.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Konate and Upa are equally fast without the ball imo, but Konate is faster with the ball. I know people have been impressed by Upa's forward runs in those recent games, but it's usually Konate who makes those.
Wow... Someone who has watched both play. Such a rarity on this forum.

Get young talent

Upamecano has better acceleration, and he can play CDM.

CG1010

The muppet in me can't resist.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/anthony-martial-included-but-no-paul-pogba-in-france-squad

Last line of their post, go out of their way to mention inclusion of Upamecano and Camavinga - do they know something we don't ?
Not unless you think we are signing a few from those too:

The multi-talented group includes the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, Olivier Giroud and N'Golo Kante.

Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga and RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano have also received call-ups.

Shimo

Not unless you think we are signing a few from those too:

The multi-talented group includes the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, Olivier Giroud and N'Golo Kante.

Rennes midfielder Eduardo Camavinga and RB Leipzig defender Dayot Upamecano have also received call-ups.
No I don't but, like I said to the muppet in me gravitated towards how they threw those 2 names almost nonchalantly at the end.

RedNed77

No. Has anybody ever known something we don't? When was the last time one of our signings was a surprise?
Wouldn't be that much of a surprise, we've been linked with both of them in the recent past. Not that i think its going to happen though.

But I'd say Ighalo was a bit of a surprise, we were linked with him early Jan then it went very quiet before we announced him on deadline day.

RollieOle

Mark Ogden linking us to him again this morning, too good to be true surely, how reliable is Mark Ogden?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
So much better than Badiashile. But we will get Ballo-Toure.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
A player like him, Sancho, VDB, if those kinds of players are signed this window, it feels like United are back if that happens.

IAmAWinner

Yes please. Great player. Upamecano, Lindelof, Maguire and Bailly (if he's fit) would be great options.

Irrational.

Dream defensive signing, but sadly can’t see it happening this summer unless there’s some kind of release clause involved.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems that unlike Badiashille everyone here rates him highly.

But I wouldn't take Ogden seriously. He rarely has anything interesting to say.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Haven't yet announced the van de Beek transfer and we've moved to our new shiny toy. Got to love it.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Dream defensive signing, but sadly can’t see it happening this summer unless there’s some kind of release clause involved.
I believe his new contract has a release clause of €42m:

Let's just throw some numbers around:
  • Smalling - £18M
  • Rojo, - £3M
  • Jones - £5M
Sales £26M (€29M)

Arguably if you sell those 3, save approximately £200,000p/w on the payroll, but offer Upamecano £80,000p/w for his first contract. the club would save £6.2M (€6.9M) on wages a year.

The club would be around ~€6-12M euros short (factoring wages) but it doesn't seem as far off as we'd think. Upamecano signing could be pretty much have no net loss accounting wise (or so I believe).

Of course Sancho is the big target, but having Upamecano, VDB and Sancho would be a terrific window.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.