Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

We should be selling Lindelof really if Dayot is coming. He won't be coming here for rotation if he moves here and central defenders are seldom rotated. Just ask Maguire

reddevilchennai

This deal doesn't make any sense. There was a release clause which was active until July. Then he signed a new contract with new release clause coming into effect the next summer?

Why would we go him for him now rather than two months before?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We should be selling Lindelof really if Dayot is coming. He won't be coming here for rotation if he moves here and central defenders are seldom rotated. Just ask Maguire
How is Dayot's injury record though?

Infra-red

If we had any interest in getting him this summer, we'd have made a move while he still had a £54m buyout clause.

That clause expired on 1 August and he has since signed a new deal. There's no way he's leaving before next year.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This deal doesn't make any sense. There was a release clause which was active until July. Then he signed a new contract with new release clause coming into effect the next summer?

Don't you remember the Fellaini deal?!

Rolaholic

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The dream CB signing, but we should've jumped on it while his clause was active. Still might be possible to do a deal, but next summer he'll leave somewhere for £42m so we have to make it worth it this summer (my guess is around £60m?). More than earlier clause, but worth it for them to sell before next summer. Or worst case agree a deal before next summer for a bit more and he stays there for the season so we lock him in, as I doubt we'd be first choice for him next summer.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Seems like wishful thinking from the club. Smalling is wanted, although not at the price we want. As for the others..where's the interest?

Upamecano would be quality but maybe we should have moved before he extended his contract.

Chief123

This would be the stuff of dreams. A lot of reports linking us strongly with him now.

His release clause of 42m euros isn’t active till next summer. But there’s a belief a deal can be done this summer. An offer in the region of 50m euro I reckon will be agreeable.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Out of all our CBs you think we should be selling Lindelof. Hahaha

Cassidy

Seems like wishful thinking from the club. Smalling is wanted, although not at the price we want. As for the others..where's the interest?
Smalling to Roma is more or less done

Cassidy

Yes mate. I prefer Bailly and Axel ahead of him. But that's just my opinion. Lindelof looks like a deer in headlights whenever a ball floats or whips into our box
Bailly... right... and the guy who cant stay fit Axel who has showed nothing

Chief123

The dream CB signing, but we should've jumped on it while his clause was active. Still might be possible to do a deal, but next summer he'll leave somewhere for £42m so we have to make it worth it this summer (my guess is around £60m?). More than earlier clause, but worth it for them to sell before next summer. Or worst case agree a deal before next summer for a bit more and he stays there for the season so we lock him in, as I doubt we'd be first choice for him next summer.
I think a deal less than £60m is definitely a possibility.

Leipzig aren’t a team who are expecting to challenge for honours. The release clause is a relatively low one which suggests he’s a player they aren’t going to fight tooth and nail to keep as he’s probably requested a reasonable release clause as he wants to progress at another club.

It would be amazing if we could get him this summer. He literally can go on to be one of the very best defenders in Europe. There will be a queue of clubs next summer happy to activate that clause.

diarm

Smalling is pretty highly sought after, but who really wants Jones and Rojo mate
Moyes want to sign them both to head up his new range of instructional videos. Jones as the main man, Rojo as his number 2 and Maldini as their boot boy.

Chief123

His career record is not good. But his recent record is OK. Missed the start of last season injured, but OK since 16 September 2019. He's gone almost a year entirely uninjured.
Well that’s an incredibly better injury record than Phil Jones who hasn’t been able to string a run of games together in years!

Xaviboy

€50/55 mill offer now or RB Leipzig risk losing him for less next summer.

VDB and Upamecano for under €100 mill. Recoup some of that by selling Smalling, Jones and Rojo and couple more and we could be looking ok to bring someone else in for RW. (Sancho hopefully)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Smalling is pretty highly sought after, but who really wants Jones and Rojo mate
Rojo I reckon we can ship for next to nothing to Argentina, Jones I'm hoping a mug team like West Ham take him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yes mate. I prefer Bailly and Axel ahead of him. But that's just my opinion. Lindelof looks like a deer in headlights whenever a ball floats or whips into our box
He's shown he's a good deal better than Bailly, while Axel hasn't shown he can be counted on due to his recent injury record.

slir32

People saying we should sell Lindelof in this thread it is not happening. Smalling is on his way out they are trying to sell Rojo and Jones is on his last legs. Victor will not be going anywhere.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I seem to recall us being linked to him as a youth player, we've definitely been tracking him for a very long time. We'll see if anything happens.

EDIT:

Just found this.

https://frenchfootballweekly.com/20...yot-upamecano-isnt-joining-manchester-united/

Reports emerged on Transfer Deadline Day that Manchester United had agreed the signing of Valenciennes’ young 16-year-old defender Dayot Upamecano. However, with two days having passed since the window closed there seemed to have been a lack of infromation coming from both clubs.

Today, local newspaper La Voix du Nord is reporting that Upamecano is still a Valenciennes player and that the original deal was off.

While the French club had agreed with compensation of €450,000 with Manchester United for the transfer of the young talent – moving to €900,000 with bonuses – but the deal hit a sticking point when it came to agreeing a deal with the player.

According to La Voix du Nord, it seems that the player didn’t agree terms with the club and changed his mind at the last minute, suggesting he received some advice to stay at Valenciennes.

macheda14

The previous release clause was 60 million euros, this one (that comes into effect next summer) is now 42 million euros. Therefore we could possibly reach a deal that cuts those two prices down the middle, for around 50 million euros.

Cliche Guevara

Why are we assuming he doesn’t still have a current release clause?

Just because he extended his contract with a new clause that takes effect next summer, that doesn’t mean his existing one is no longer valid.

It could simply be a case of if you extend for a further season we’ll lower your clause from next year. Would it make sense for the player to have a release clause then negotiate it out of his contract?

I don’t know but everyone else seems to be speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.