Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Last edited:

Mark Pawelek

€50/55 mill offer now or RB Leipzig risk losing him for less next summer.

VDB and Upamecano for under €100 mill. Recoup some of that by selling Smalling, Jones and Rojo and couple more and we could be looking ok to bring someone else in for RW. (Sancho hopefully)
If we sell 7: Romero, Dalot, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Lingard and Andreas; we may be able to get as much as £90m for them. But in a slow transfer season like the present it may mostly come down to loans with buy clauses. 3 of those contracts end next summer: Romero, Rojo and Lingard. Those 3 must be sold at a discount now.

flappyjay

Smalling is pretty highly sought after, but who really wants Jones and Rojo mate
Estudiantes wants Rojo but for peanuts, at this point we should take whatever they offer instead of continuing to pay his wages

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This deal doesn't make any sense. There was a release clause which was active until July. Then he signed a new contract with new release clause coming into effect the next summer?

Why would we go him for him now rather than two months before?
They had to play UCL after July

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That was cause of Moyes though, even he's since said in an interview.
True, but the club still went with it instead of just telling him to not be a feckin moron. (though you could argue they didn't have a choice)

Dan_F

If we sell 7: Romero, Dalot, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Lingard and Andreas; we may be able to get as much as £90m for them. But in a slow transfer season like the present it may mostly come down to loans with buy clauses. 3 of those contracts end next summer: Romero, Rojo and Lingard. Those 3 must be sold at a discount now.
Theres no way. We would never sell that many from the squad in one summer. If we make £60 million in sales this summer I’d be shocked.

Romero - 33 and injury prone. Hasn’t been first choice for years. Anywhere from free to £5 million.

Dalot - signed for £19 million, and probably worth less now given how little he’s played and his injury record.

Rojo - free due to wages and injury record.

Jones - free due to injury record and wages.

Smalling - sounds like we’re holding out for £20 million. Italian clubs don’t seem to be willing to pay it.

Lingard and Andreas - both would struggle to assert themselves at prem clubs. Lingard probably the better player but on a bigger wage, but id say £15 million each would be decent.

Always injured and always erratic.
He isnt good enough and should be sold
100% agree.

The only reason he will stay yet another year, I’d because Jones and Rojo are even less reliable. Shocking to have 3 appalling centre backs like this at the club who have cost so much, and are paid a fortune to do nothing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Woof... Ed would be a miracle worker

We'd get 20m for Smalling and maybe 15m for Lingard. The rest we'd be looking at 10m max... More like 5m or free in some cases. I'd say 50m total if we're lucky.

passing-wind

Extremely poor on our behalf to show interest in signing a player just after he's committed himself to a newer contract eradicating the previous clause.

onemanarmy

Bailly is our most talented and best centre back when fit. If you cannot see that you must be rub the media nonsense from your eyes.
Sure mate. He's never fit, when he plays he's rash and erratic. He'll never be a topclass defender.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Bailly is our most talented and best centre back when fit. If you cannot see that you must be rub the media nonsense from your eyes.
I’d agree with the most talented bit, but he’s not the best and there’s almost no chance of him ever becoming one at this point.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Guess you know better than Ole

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah, Lingard is our best attacking midfielder too.
If Lingard would take pens then he would match Bruno for goals most likely if he played every week.
Just like Bailly would match Maguire if he played every week for clean sheets.

Adcuth

:lol: I loved JP's post too

But as you can see, the people that did watch him, rated him very highly at the time. As do the people who watch Dayot. I think there are a lot of posters excited and who would jump on this hype (me included) without watching him enough.
So Bailley and Upamecano should be our CB pairing. Makes sense now :D

BigLebowski007

This deal doesn't make any sense. There was a release clause which was active until July. Then he signed a new contract with new release clause coming into effect the next summer?

Because we have Ed Woodward

dove

If Lingard would take pens then he would match Bruno for goals most likely if he played every week.
Just like Bailly would match Maguire if he played every week for clean sheets.
:lol: Just gets better and better. Apparently the guy who should be one of the first to leave the club suddenly became our best centre back :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah sure.
Just if Lingard takes the pens then Bruno doesn't so that gives Lingard a high boost in the battle for most goals.
Although Lingard could be rubbish at pens and score under 70%, but still get around 7 goals per season plus 2-3 from regular play.
Same as if Bailly played all games he would do well, but he is not since he is injured and not good enough.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just if Lingard takes the pens then Bruno doesn't so that gives Lingard a high boost in the battle for most goals.
Although Lingard could be rubbish at pens and score under 70%, but still get around 7 goals per season plus 2-3 from regular play.
Are you competing with the other guy to see who comes up with most stupid post?

Infra-red

We wouldn't. This story is almost certainly rubbish.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If you think "best CB" and "most talented ... when fit .. on a good hairday.. potentially in 12 years" is the same thing then it's probably you who needs help.

I liked his qualities when he arrived and he may yet fulfill his potential but based on quality of performances (the main criteria) he's nowhere near as our best CB.

Paul_Scholes18

Are you competing with the other guy to see who comes up with most stupid post?
Just did take the Bailly example to the extreme. If Bailly could stay fit then he would be a good defender, but he can not.
Just like Lingard could score a lot if he took our penalties since we get so many, but noone sane would let him take them though.

A-man

What exactly are his talents? Agree he has many good attributes but also many poor attributes, like poor awareness, poor positioning, weak in the air and poor decision making. All summed together I would not say he is our most talented CB.

Anyway, even if we buy Upamecano, I doubt Ole would sell any of Bailly or Lindelof. It wouldn’t make sense. Lindelof and Maguire are the only who have stayed fit and buying a young player from Bundesliga involves the risk that he won’t adapt. Add all his injuries to that. Plus Ole needs 3-4 CB at PL level. This season Maguire and Lindelof had to play through fatigue and minor injuries because no one else is fit.

But if we get a new CB I think it is good bye for Tuanzebe.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just did take the Bailly example to the extreme. If Bailly could stay fit then he would be a good defender, but he can not.
Just like Lingard could score a lot if he took our penalties since we get so many, but noone sane would let him take them though.
If you think difference between Lingard and Bruno is just penalties then there is nothing more to discuss.

Actually I would be surprised if you didn't think this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.