Gaming Days Gone (PS4 game)

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not much talk about it here, was pretty hyped up when first announced, being released this week, anyone picking it up?

Trailer:

Some gameplay here:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm so desperate for a new game I'm thinking about getting it but I also feel like it might be shit.

Vadim

This is going to be very good I think. I’m all in.

Ventura

Undead freaks who eat humans?
Exactly! Infected by a virus that takes away their humanity, they walk around as empty shells hungry for human flesh. You know, the typical freak, and definitely not zombies.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Remind me not to play it on hard. Other than that it looks decent enough.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
it just looks like one of those games that'll be half price in around three months, so I'll wait til then.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Tell that to Nintendo :(

Successful ones like Horizon and GoW were still close to asking price after three months I think. The shitter a game does the quicker it goes down in value.
RDR2 is about half price now too, I've only started playing it so don't know if it's considered shit by the wider gaming community.

Raw

It looks alright, a bit generic but I'll have to see more gameplay and story to get a better idea of it.

Probably something I'll pick up like half a year later when I've got nothing else to play.

Vadim

Right I’ve bought it. I can’t resist this kind of game.

Hopefully on PS4 Pro they’ll be a performance mode? Would much rather 1080p/60 than 4K/30.

Ventura

I think people are going to love the dynamic open world and graphics, but maybe not so much the story. Also depends a lot on how the questing works, if there's a lot of repetitive stuff etc.

Vadim

I think people are going to love the dynamic open world and graphics, but maybe not so much the story. Also depends a lot on how the questing works, if there's a lot of repetitive stuff etc.
RDR2 was repetitive as feck and people loved it.

Reddy Rederson

Pre load done. Now all thats left to do is get in the munchies and than wait for midnight friday. The thing that looks most interesting for me about this(from what ive seen, which is very little I admit) is that its not your usual kill scores and scores of zombies/infected with ridiculous weapons. It seems mostly a "oh fecking shit, RUN!!!" kinda game, which looks fun. To me anyway. fingers crossed its not yet another 'looked promising, but turned out to be shit' entry in the zombie/infected genre.

Morpheus 7

Never been so 50/50 on a game, waiting for the reviews. This strict embargo makes me think there are real issues with it, hope I'm wrong because I want to buy it on Friday. Time will tell I suppose.

Vadim

Mine has already been despatched will probably get it tomorrow :drool:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Right I’ve bought it. I can’t resist this kind of game.

Hopefully on PS4 Pro they’ll be a performance mode? Would much rather 1080p/60 than 4K/30.
Pre load done. Now all thats left to do is get in the munchies and than wait for midnight friday. The thing that looks most interesting for me about this(from what ive seen, which is very little I admit) is that its not your usual kill scores and scores of zombies/infected with ridiculous weapons. It seems mostly a "oh fecking shit, RUN!!!" kinda game, which looks fun. To me anyway. fingers crossed its not yet another 'looked promising, but turned out to be shit' entry in the zombie/infected genre.
Give us some feedback when you can mate...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll wait for the reviews and then if they're decent I'll predownload it so it's ready for Friday.

Haven't played a game since Red Dead and I finished that in November. Desperate.

Vadim

Give us some feedback when you can mate...
As soon as I play it I will post my thoughts mate.

Remember though I’m quite hard on games. People here raved about RDR2 whilst I thought it was very good but extremely overrated.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I wasn't interested when this was first announced but having a look recently I think it looks pretty good. Don't understand the whole thing with the views of this game as coming out quite negative before it's released. Yet other games are hyperbole before release and turn out to be proper shite. Everyone just being overly cautious?

Coxy

Reviews s seem really positive so far - except for Gamespot (5/10)

Ainu

Reviews s seem really positive so far - except for Gamespot (5/10)
Not really, it's a mixed bag. Eurogamer seem very unimpressed and IGN gave it 65/100. They usually give any half-decent game an 80+ score. I'm seeing the words "generic" and "derivative" turn up a lot when reading about this game. To be honest, that was always the vibe I got from trailers and gameplay videos.

Bojan11

Reviews have been brutal especially from the major publications who usually give every half decent game a 7.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Dissappointing reviews, but will still check it out at some point. The Sony exclusivesare are rarely bad games.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Order it today, needed something new to play and it looks decent.
I'm considering it too, my gf said she liked the look of it too and it's rare she plays anything that isn't crash bandicoot or gta. Keep her happy and I will probably get at least one playthrough of it.

Reddy Rederson

Played for about an hour. My initial impression is that this is a good game. There’s some technical issues, but nothing a patch can’t solve. The controls feel a bit off. Feels like I’m fighting the controller to do what I want it to. Get easily hung up on walls or cars if I’m too close to them at a corner. The freaks which I’ve only seen once so far in a large group seem a little generic. Like the original resident evil were all the zombies looked the same.

Game looks gorgeous. Voice acting so far has been good. Not gotten into the story yet enough to comment.

All in all I’m liking it so far. Just the controls are a bit meh is my worst complaint. Will update after some serious play time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve had it downloading today but won’t be able to play until tomorrow night.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I think I'll still pick this up at some point, both Skill Up and Jim Sterling have said that once they got over the parts the game doesn't do well, (technical issues, gunplay & Jim didn't like how the bike maintenance was done) its still worth a go and both say the open world, gameplay loop, story and voice acting redeem the parts that don't deliver. Maybe some patches can fix them down the line too.