DDG’s actual ‘worth’

Tarrou

I'd never sell him. What do we care about how much money the club make anyway?

We could be talking about one of the greatest of all time when he hangs up his boots.

It's easy to forget how much of a problem the keeper position can be when you've had a brilliant one for so many years.

OK777

Invaluable...

There were always games where he just stood up and literally got the points himself, and these games have occurred more often as the seasons have gone on.

Imagine he had a pairing like Ferdinand and Vidic in front of him...

He already has 15 clean sheets this season, can thank himself for a lot of that, would've been at least 20 with a Rio and Vida pairing in front of him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Surely you wouldn't even pay close to that for a keeper, considering the other more pressing concerns (your entire attack)?
I do not think any Madrid fan is happy paying too much for defensive positions, and Navas is not especially questioned by the fans.
It is the president who questions him and ask the press to do surveys about GK.
He does not like Navas and is willing to get rid of him.
De Gea is the goalkeeper of the national team, and is also a frustrated signing, so it would be perfect for Florentino to show that he is capable of fulfilling what he says. Perhaps there is a certain commitment with the player, for managed badly his signing two years ago.
Who knows, maybe they prioritize the attack and they sign Courtois for half the price.

King.of.Red

Unless we can get money as much as Neymar transfer fee, I hope we never sell De God. If he wants £350k/week salary, then just give it. Not like Wazza, He deserves it

King.of.Red

Unless we can get money as much as Neymar transfer fee, I hope we never sell De God. If he wants £350k/week salary, then just give it. Not like Wazza, He deserves it

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
If he didn't then he wouldn't have started him in our most important game of the year last season...
That was indicative of some trust yes, but it was also because Romero had been the GK in every EL match up to that point, starting from a point where the competition was not a priority. If DDG were to leave I'm pretty sure Jose would sign someone else rather than rely on Romero.

minoo-utd

Will Madrid pay 100m for a G.K? IMO in the current market yes he deserves it but they may offer a player plus cash.

Giggsyking

Yesterday a spanish periodist said that United wanted 135m€.
I think it could be between 100-130 m€ with United accepting a rounded amount as 100m pounds.
For his contract the price could be less but for the situation United could demand a big amount(Madrid need the GK this summer,not the next)
What is it with his contract situation?
He has 1½ year left with an option to extend 1 extra year.

I can't understand all this talk about his contract that he is out of contract soon!!

in summer 2018 if united extend his contract one extra year he will have 2 years left. Madrid cant do anything about that when he has 2 years left.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-signs-new-contract-at-Manchester-United.aspx

This is the from the club's website when he renewed his contract in 2015 sep and its clear he signed 4 years deal with the option for the club to extend 1 year as we always do with all our players. 4+1

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What is it with his contract situation?
He has 1½ year left with an option to extend 1 extra year.

I can't understand all this talk about his contract that he is out of contract soon!!

in summer 2018 if united extend his contract one extra year he will have 2 years left. Madrid cant do anything about that when he has 2 years left.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...-signs-new-contract-at-Manchester-United.aspx

This is the from the club's website when he renewed his contract in 2015 sep and its clear he signed 4 years deal with the option for the club to extend 1 year as we always do with all our players. 4+1
I thought the contract was until this summer, and that the extra year would be until June 2019.
Anyway the amount to offer must be high, it does not matter if he has 18 months or 2.5 years

Giggsyking

With all the madness in the market, we are stupid if we let him go for less than 150m£.

Oo0AahCantona

He’s the messi/Ronaldo of goalkeepers, he can name his price as far as I’m concerned.

We would be negligent to lose him for basically any price.

MrBest

Give him 6 years at 400k! No money is worth his sale. If we want to be the best we need the best. He has the potential to be the best gk to have ever played for us AND the best gk to have ever played. Yes his ability to catch a cross is not 100% but overall we would struggle to replace him with anyone. At just 27 years old, he easily could go for 8 more years, beat Czechs pending 209 clean sheet record and get 100 caps for Spain.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
@Paz 300 games and 109 clean sheets. I agree that nobody will pay the fees he is worth. Further reason why we should offer whatever it takes to keep him.

OK777

Not like Wazza? Kidding me right?

Just because he questioned the direction of the club and wanted to continue winning trophies... Mind you he stayed and re-signed, then scored the greatest goal ever seen...

wolvored

He is definitely WC and along with Sanchez the only 2 we have got. Without him you could knock our positions over the last 4 1/2 seasons down a couple of places easily. 9th 6th 7th and 8th without him and we would be battling Liverpool and spurs for 4th place now. Thats how important he is. If he wanted 500,000 a week we should pay it. If we sell him who would come in and equal him, never mind better him? It would take a season for a new goalie to bed in. Remember what happened after Scmeichel left until VDS?

Craig Bellendy

i think people underestimate the impact of having a world class goalkeeper, it assures the defenders and gives them more confidence. Best goalkeeper in the world right now, 100 mil + anything less would just be tragic.

Barnslig

Read in thw transfer tweets thread that Arsenal were in for Oblak, doesn’t he have a 100m release clause? If so DDG should be going for a quite abit more. With the way Real handled the Morata deal, they can feck off for offering anything less than 150m imo. We need him way more than money, and we’re prepared to pay huge him huge wages

Carolina Red

Staff
i think people underestimate the impact of having a world class goalkeeper, it assures the defenders and gives them more confidence. Best goalkeeper in the world right now, 100 mil + anything less would just be tragic.
Or gives them a false sense of security...

Just sayin. [Chuckles]

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He has carried us in the post SAF era. We would have been mid table under LVG without him.

He hasn't been as good this year; but this is because we are a more dominant team. Many times this season, DDG spends most of the game scratching his arse and then makes a world class save. That is the sign of a world class keeper, he doesn't do anything for 80 minutes then stops a certain goal.

Abizzz

We could be talking about one of the greatest of all time when he hangs up his boots.

It's easy to forget how much of a problem the keeper position can be when you've had a brilliant one for so many years.
I couldn't agree more. Unless he forces a move away there is no discussion in my opinion, no point in banking 100m for him to then go on and throw money at the GK position the next 5 years.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What he adds to a side alone is huge. Not to mention how difficult it is to find a new goalkeeper. Plus he's possibly the most marketable goalkeeper yet. I don't see how he's worth less than €150m at his age and even then I'd be a bit gutted.

diplomat

He hasn't been as good this year; but this is because we are a more dominant team. Many times this season, DDG spends most of the game scratching his arse and then makes a world class save.
That's not really true. De Gea is second for most saves made in the league with 85.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
That was indicative of some trust yes, but it was also because Romero had been the GK in every EL match up to that point, starting from a point where the competition was not a priority. If DDG were to leave I'm pretty sure Jose would sign someone else rather than rely on Romero.
So what you're saying is that Mourinho only started Romero because he wanted to be nice???

boxykronikle

First off, I love De Gea, but he's not without faults. He's probably the best shot stopper in the world. His agility is unmatched. And as good as he was in the Arsenal match making all those saves to help us win the game, there have been other games where his flaws have cost us points. Case in point was the Leicester game. They crossed a ball from 35 yards out that was put away 3 yards from goal. De Gea should have been all over that ball. He has gotten better at dealing with crosses but it's still his biggest flaw. If he does go (and I hope he doesn't), I wouldn't accept anything lower than 100m. And if he does, then I would like to see Romero given a shot at the #1. He has more than earned that chance. Last year alone he had 12 clean sheets and never allowed more than 1 goal against him...
Romero, is that you? :lol:
Exactly this.:smirk:

De Gea is nothing but short of pure talent and world class. You don't sell your BEST(there, I said it) player easily. We are not a feeder club. We don't need the money as we have generated a lot our own. Convince him to stay and Mou has to play part by confirming that De Gea is in his important project.

Hawks2008

I'm not sure what his actual worth in this market is, but to United he is priceless in the same way Kane is to Tottenham. We don't need to sell and he is our best player, unless he explicitly asks to leave and makes a fuss we won't be accepting any offer for him.

Micky Targaryen

He is the best goalkeeper in the world IMO and Spain's no.1 keeper. We don't sell our best players.

If you have to twist my arm for a valuation, I'd say 200m pounds at least.

Sp00ks11

This is my opinion too, who cares how much we could sell him for. We are not currently a club who needs to sell to buy, we sell De Gea we become weaker while strengthening a rival.

Darlington Padgett

I wouldn't trust Romero either! I don't think he's a top keeper. He never catches the ball, he will always punch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_Red 11

As a keeper he & Neuer should be worth as the most expensive ones even with de Gea's contract ends in 2019 (plus one year extension).

If we are going to cash in, it'll be next summer in 2019 or January 2020 if he doesn't sign a new contract. Should be plenty of money to get Oblak.

Honestly, I'm not convinced with any other keeper like Butland, Pickford, Donaruma, and etc to replace de Gea, they are just hype & not the real deal. The realistic and best option will only be Oblak. However, I have a feeling that Real will go for cheaper option Courtois, Chelsea will get Oblak instead and we will keep de Gea again. de Gea is irreplaceable, he's a match winner keeper.

Karlkim SK

He is the only world class player left from SAF era. He is easily worth 140m on my book. But he is #1 GK in the world and irreplaceable for us, so we should make him the highest paid GK.

meamth

I thought this is the next "We won't win the league with De Gea". :lol:

About the topic, his actual value is 150 million pounds! taking no less.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He’s worth over 175m in this crazy market.
Easily the best keeper in the world, still relatively young for a keeper and not at his prime yet.

But I definitely won’t sell him for any price.

Last edited:

meamth

Priceless , look how long it took to replace Schmeichel
Exactly. We had a disastrous period from 1999 to 2005 until VDS arrived:

1996: Raimond van der Gouw 60 apps. Generally a back up for Schmeichel
1999: Signed Bosnich. 35 apps
????: Nick Culkin, 1 app
1999: Massimo "The Blind Venetian" Taibi. 4 apps after a woeful blunder.
2000: Paul Rachubka. 1 apps.
2000: Fabien Barthez joined for 7.5 million pounds. Sometimes a comedy goalkeeper but decent return of 139 appearances.
2001: Andy Goram loaned from Motherwell. 2 apps.
2001: Roy Carroll. :nervous: played 72 times for us.
2002: Ricardo. 5 apps.
2003: Tim Howard. He was okay, played 77 times for us and eventually replaced by the great VDS.

That was 7 difficult years!

DDG please stay with us for a long long time :angel: