De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redo91

Really don't understand some of the panic in here over his comments. Talks must be underway if Jose mentioned it publicly. He just said he was focusing on his football at the minute but I'm very confident he will renew. People seem to be ignoring the other comments he made about how much he loves the club.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Keeping Dean Henderson is essential at this point, given the uncertainty surrounding DDG. By all accounts, he’s potentially top class and England’s best technical young goalkeeper.

If De Gea wants to go home, good luck to him; at the end of the day he’s earned it - 3 years after the Madrid move fell through initially, he’s been a superb professional and kept quiet since.

Romero is a valid replacement, IMO. Has never let the team down and know the club too - there’s no point in importing someone who’s not used to the aerial bombardment of the Premier League....and Donnarumma is the biggest hype job in football since Freddie Adu.

Handré1990

Hopefully the contract talks with DDG were just put on hold because of the Alexis situation. I mean Jose himself confirmed they're eying up a long-term deal so he must be fairly confident that DDG will sign, otherwise he wouldn't be so open about it.

But then again, the last three weeks are a proof of never taking things for granted in football. Not only the Alexis situation but also Coutinho who most people thought wouldn't leave until the summer because he'd be cup-tied in the CL and not really required in the league. I won't be confident of De Gea starting next season at United until he signs that contract.
Damn, man, you’re bumming me out:(

I choose to stay positive for now. We just signed Alexis Sanchez! :devil:

Inter Yer Nan

Jose isn't dumb so he's not going to go public if he hasn't been given very positive feedback from De Gea and Mendes with regards to extending further. Think about that. The fee is even more astronomical now so Real are less likely to sniff our valuation. Given Real's poor season too I think they will be looking to more statement signings further up the field because let's face it Perez operates that way and they will want to keep Ronaldo but just give him someone better than Benzema and someone more reliable than Bale. Icardi, Dybala, Lewendowski and/or a World Cup star seems more likely while they possibly go for Courtois who'd be less than half the price or could even have him wait out to go on a Bosman.

He's not just going to sit back watch Benzema turn to shit, Ronaldo decline while Barca are signing Dembele, Coutinho and maybe Griezmann all for unbelievable sums and decide to splash half his transfer kitty on a goalie no matter how great that goalie is.

SirAF

Ageist
Jose isn't dumb so he's not going to go public if he hasn't been given very positive feedback from De Gea and Mendes with regards to extending further. Think about that. The fee is even more astronomical now so Real are less likely to sniff our valuation. Given Real's poor season too I think they will be looking to more statement signings further up the field because let's face it Perez operates that way and they will want to keep Ronaldo but just give him someone better than Benzema and someone more reliable than Bale. Icardi, Dybala, Lewendowski and/or a World Cup star seems more likely while they possibly go for Courtois who'd be less than half the price or could even have him wait out to go on a Bosman.

He's not just going to sit back watch Benzema turn to shit, Ronaldo decline while Barca are signing Dembele, Coutinho and maybe Griezmann all for unbelievable sums and decide to splash half his transfer kitty on a goalie no matter how great that goalie is.
Exactly right. United hold all the cards with regards to this situation, so I'm not worried at all.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Says Madrid will be in for De Gea.

If they are make them pay through their teeth and let him go home to his girlfriend.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I don’t think he’ll re-sign. I hope I’m wrong, I just get that vibe after his interview.

SirAF

Ageist
Keeping Dean Henderson is essential at this point, given the uncertainty surrounding DDG. By all accounts, he’s potentially top class and England’s best technical young goalkeeper.

If De Gea wants to go home, good luck to him; at the end of the day he’s earned it - 3 years after the Madrid move fell through initially, he’s been a superb professional and kept quiet since.

Romero is a valid replacement, IMO. Has never let the team down and know the club too - there’s no point in importing someone who’s not used to the aerial bombardment of the Premier League....and Donnarumma is the biggest hype job in football since Freddie Adu.
No way, I love Romero but I don't want him as #1 if de Gea goes. Be ruthless and buy a top class goalie, or throw Sanchez wages at de Gea to keep him.

freeurmind

weak willed
Think DDG will be gone after this season. He always looks miffed but he's looked even more thoroughly fed up with things than usual, although I admit I'm no body language expert. We should throw the money at him, make him the highest paid keeper in the world, he deserves Sanchez type wages.

Jagga7

I think he will leave eventually. He's Madrid born so going back to his home city will be enticing. Also we did agree to sell him a few seasons back when the ol' fax machine broke.

el3mel

Think DDG will be gone after this season. He always looks miffed but he's looked even more thoroughly fed up with things than usual, although I admit I'm no body language expert. We should throw the money at him, make him the highest paid keeper in the world, he deserves Sanchez type wages.
Are you a body language expert ?

Kapardin

Really don't understand some of the panic in here over his comments. Talks must be underway if Jose mentioned it publicly. He just said he was focusing on his football at the minute but I'm very confident he will renew. People seem to be ignoring the other comments he made about how much he loves the club.
Nope, he really wants to wait on Real's decision and then sign if they are not in for him. It is clear to see.

Made peace with it a long time ago. I have no problem if he leaves, so long as we can get another top keeper like Alisson for instance, as our defense is pretty good under Jose and we are not as dependent on him. If we sign the likes of Sanchez, Pogba and Matic, a GK is the least of my concerns, unless we buy Mignolet or Karius, lol.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He is anyway, but we were going to give him wages up to 300k in the next contract apparently. I think it isn't an issue of money for him - he just wants to go back home.

SirAF

Ageist
I think he will leave eventually. He's Madrid born so going back to his home city will be enticing. Also we did agree to sell him a few seasons back when the ol' fax machine broke.
Tbf, that was under LvG.

RedCurry

Why would he go to a team that is fighting for the fourth spot in La Liga?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He's looked miffed this season? What? When? Honestly some people.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
If we don't come to an agreement over his contract extension we should just keep him till the very end, that is the summer of 2020.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He'll sign a new deal, I think he's happy here under Mourinho especially with the team coming together as it is.

I think it's interesting that we hear that we've entered contract negotiations with him and hope him to sign a new deal which is shortly followed by stories of Real Madrid's intentions to sign him once more.

It's like the opposite of the Ronaldo saga now, his agent uses Real's interest as leverage during negotiations.

prath92

RM isn’t going to spend 50m odd this summer on him after the way this season is going. They will go big on Hazard or Kane or someone big.

el3mel

Read the rest of his sentence and you'll find out.
He claims he has read his body language then denies he's a body language expert. The whole thing doesn't make anything.

David form is suggesting he's fully focused on the pitch and his job.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are already in discussions about a new deal. Aren't some people tired of saying he's off?

Big Andy

Bloke
It is where his girlfriend and family are. His girlfriend's 32 and if they want a family they'll be wanting to start soon. She won't be moving to England.
She's regularly over here by all accounts...there's often pictures of them knocking about in Aldi and having a nice pub lunch in the Red Lion...

RedCurry

It is where his girlfriend and family are. His girlfriend's 32 and if they want a family they'll be wanting to start soon. She won't be moving to England.
Yea obviously every foreign player in premier league has family back at home. As far as the girlfriend situation is concerned, it's his life and he knows what's best for him.

Paxi

As long as we get at least £100 million for him. I'd rather him leave on a free at 29 (since we'd still be getting the best goalie in the world for another 2 seasons) than get ripped off by Madrid again.

EDIT: Also, 6 stellar seasons from him for us wouldn't be a bad return. I doubt Madrid would get much more.

Paxi

Maybe sell him to Atletico and get Oblak in return?

freeurmind

weak willed
He is anyway, but we were going to give him wages up to 300k in the next contract apparently. I think it isn't an issue of money for him - he just wants to go back home.
Wouldn't begrudge him that tbh. His performances have been stellar for the club since his initial wobbles. If that is the case, hopefully we make a pretty penny and then I would give Romero and Pereira the chance to fight it out for the no1 shirt.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Hopeful he'll stay; if he doesn't sign/extend a new contract this summer, it's best to assume he wants out and get a decent replacement like Oblak in. Don't do an Arsenal and let our best players run out their contracts.

arthurka

Hopeful he'll stay; if he doesn't sign/extend a new contract this summer, it's best to assume he wants out and get a decent replacement like Oblak in. Don't do an Arsenal and let our best players run out their contracts.
That won´t happen...
He will sign a new contract or be shipped out..

NikSab

Anthony Martial's #1 fan
Fed up with what? Of course he will get a 300k contract. But your judgement is based on nothing as far as I can tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

freeurmind

weak willed
He claims he has read his body language then denies he's a body language expert. The whole thing doesn't make anything.

David form is suggesting he's fully focused on the pitch and his job.
Guy offers opinion on certain subject while not being an expert in said subject in internet forum shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.