De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvored

De Gea's contract situation has gone very quiet. Media were saying he was due to sign and nothing mentioned since. He should be tied down before the world cup starts.
Unless hes said he wont be signing a new one

meamth

Real is at its final peak. I don't think they will be a major force next season.

Their core players are getting older and it will be a wrong time for De Gea to join them.

On the other hand, I'm grateful that our goalkeeper is De Gea. Watching Karius, I only think about De Gea staying here.

Please stay De Gea!

Fridge chutney

There are 2 rumours that without fail emerge every single summer.

1. Bale to United
2. DDG to Real

It's tedious.

Kapardin

Real is at its final peak. I don't think they will be a major force next season.

Their core players are getting older and it will be a wrong time for De Gea to join them.

On the other hand, I'm grateful that our goalkeeper is De Gea. Watching Karius, I only think about De Gea staying here.

Please stay De Gea!
They just won 3 CLs. Players will be queueing up to join them. I doubt they are just going to sit around waiting for next season to start without signing new players to strengthen their squad.

ash_86

I wouldn't mind Bale + Navas for Dave. Navas is not so bad, just not as good as Dave. But we get a wc player in return and a good keeper

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday in the celebration of Bernabéu, the public chanted the name of four players. The captains (Ramos, Marcelo and Cris) who were the last to show up, and Keylor.
Selling Navas seems a decision against the public and Zidane himself. It would be strange and unfair to sell him after winning three champions, but on the other hand keep Navas and buy a goalkeeper as consolidated as De Gea seems an unnecessary expense and a focus of potential problems.
In Madrid it seems that they live a lot for the moment and the opinion in January or May may be completely different, and what to say about the difference between winning or losing a final. With the current state of mind it seems difficult to imagine it.

meamth

They just won 3 CLs. Players will be queueing up to join them. I doubt they are just going to sit around waiting for next season to start without signing new players to strengthen their squad.
Yeah like any other great teams, rebuilding at least take another year or two.

Very much like when Ruud joined us, we were rebuilding into a great team. When he left, only then Ronaldo and Rooney turned it up.

Real's form in La Liga doesn't lie, they are in decline. Signing players won't solve the problems right away.

RoyH1

Yeah like any other great teams, rebuilding at least take another year or two.

Very much like when Ruud joined us, we were rebuilding into a great team. When he left, only then Ronaldo and Rooney turned it up.

Real's form in La Liga doesn't lie, they are in decline. Signing players won't solve the problems right away.
I want us to decline like they do too

reddaz71

De Gea must be deflated he's not already at Madrid given he should be a CL winner by now.

IF he does finally move to Madrid this summer one could hardly blame him, as for a replacement? We could do a lot worse than seriously considering Buffon!

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
De Gea must be deflated he's not already at Madrid given he should be a CL winner by now.

IF he does finally move to Madrid this summer one could hardly blame him, as for a replacement? We could do a lot worse than seriously considering Buffon!
Lets sell the best keeper in the world for a record fee for a goalkeeper and replace him with a 40 year old far past his prime. Makes sense.

Classical Mechanic

I don't think he is deflated. He could have moved any time if he had kicked up a fuss like Madrid wanted him to. I always get the impression that he wants to feel valued first and foremost and Real have failed to show him that they really value him. If they had he would be playing for them now.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Van Der Sar was 41 when we won the title in 2011!
Yeah let's sell De Gea who has another 10-12 years in him at the top so we can get a 40 year old because there has been a 41 year old league winning keeper in the past. Sound logic.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why are we having this discussion?
Mourinho has said he isn't going anywhere.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

That would be a terrible idea. Buffon is past it.

reddaz71

So IF De Gea did indeed leave who is out there as a credible replacement, if Buffon is a stop gap for a year then why would anyone be against that? He's already a target for PSG and Van Der Sar was 38 when we won the CL and 41 when we won the title in 2011! So as a stop gap signing it's not a bad deal IF we find ourselves looking for a new keeper this summer.

ZAGREB RED

So IF De Gea did indeed leave who is out there as a credible replacement, if Buffon is a stop gap for a year then why would anyone be against that? He's already a target for PSG and Van Der Sar was 38 when we won the CL and 41 when we won the title in 2011! So as a stop gap signing it's not a bad deal IF we find ourselves looking for a new keeper this summer.
This. United could possibly looking at signing two new keepers this summer if Romero goes and DDG also. Hopefully DDG will stay, but I would wish Romero all the very best if he left, he has served United very well over the last few years and comes across as a very decent guy.
Unless Mourinho has a new No1 in mind, Buffon would be a great short term acquisition. Hopefully this whole discussion is proved to be irrelevant and DDG stays for many years to come.

reddaz71

The vast majority of our transfer budget will be taken up with outfield arrivals, Buffon for 1 season would surely make sense.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Oblak or Alisson. Problem with leaving signing a replacement for a year is that Liverpool are looking for a new keeper this summer and PSG will be in the market too. Assumption is that PSG will be signing Courtois (probably on a free next year with their FFP issues) but they could end up being after Oblak/Alisson instead.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Gonna rock the boat here, but please read properly before telling me I'm silly...

I love DDG and want him to stay, but if he wants to go, and we got a big fee and good replacement, I wouldn't be that bothered for 2 reasons...

1. I don't like having a keeper as our best player. I really don't like it. It's so anti-United, if you know what I mean. It seems to make us more defensive as a team, and interestingly, DDG's best years coincide with our worst years of outfield football...

2. Selling DDG, if he wants to go, would mean a big focus on improving outfield play.

Getting rid of DDG would make it utterly unavoidable for any manager to not focus on scoring goals, and for me, that's what United need to get back to focusing on.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Gonna rock the boat here, but please read properly before telling me I'm silly...

I love DDG and want him to stay, but if he wants to go, and we got a big fee and good replacement, I wouldn't be that bothered for 2 reasons...

1. I don't like having a keeper as our best player. I really don't like it. It's so anti-United, if you know what I mean. It seems to make us more defensive as a team, and interestingly, DDG's best years coincide with our worst years of outfield football...

2. Selling DDG, if he wants to go, would mean a big focus on improving outfield play.

Getting rid of DDG would make it utterly unavoidable for any manager to not focus on scoring goals, and for me, that's what United need to get back to focusing on.
Schmeical and VdS were both brilliant keepers yet I don't believe ever won Utd player of the season in any particular year. However, it's folly to say losing De Gea will get you back to the old days. The old days consisted of world's best goalies like De Gea, not without (lest you forget Bosnich, Taibi, etc).

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I might be wrong but it sounds you want to sell him cause he's our best player?
The idea that selling him would force us to improve our play is fanciful. It implies we are shit cause we can always rely of Dave.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Your logic is absolutely bonkers here mate.

I don’t like that our best player is a goalkeeper... so the best way to remedy that is to sell the goalkeeper rather than improve other areas.

klsv

If he wants to leave then he should be let go, really don't get rest of these arguments though :lol:

Mercurial

We need to keep our WC players and have them want to stay here, then add to that roster. If we were Spurs or Liverpool then sure. But we are the richest club worldwide. DDG should stay at all cost unless he forces the move himself wich there is no indication of that he does.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This is... insane. You don't want our best player to be the keeper, so you want us to get a worse keeper.

vangagal

Wtf did i just read? Are you implied that DDG is the reason we are so bad? Selling DDG would mean we lose of our best player dont you think? Have you seen what happen to Liverpool? They are scoring for fun and conceced like a mad man.
We can have both, a good attacking line and the best defense invluding GK. I think you are just looking for scapegoat and a new excuse. Nice one for trying mate.

Gasolin

You need a world class keeper to win titles, that's as simple as that. De Gea cannot go anywhere, we need to work with him and get him a team upfront capable of leveraging on his qualities on the back to score goals and win games.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Wtf did i just read? Are you implied that DDG is the reason we are so bad? Selling DDG would mean we lose of our best player dont you think? Have you seen what happen to Liverpool? They are scoring for fun and conceced like a mad man.
We can have both, a good attacking line and the best defense invluding GK. I think you are just looking for scapegoat and a new excuse. Nice one for trying mate.
I'm not sure what you read, mate, but your reply sounds frantic and reactionary. Try reading the below and remembering that the entire context of my point is that of - "If he WANTS TO GO".

This is... insane. You don't want our best player to be the keeper, so you want us to get a worse keeper.
This is literally what begins my post...

please read properly
I love DDG and want him to stay, but if he wants to go, and we got a big fee and good replacement
It's difficult to make it more clear than "I love DDG and want him to stay"!

We've sold Ronaldo and replaced him with Valencia and Owen, that was crazy (yet SAF being SAF goes on to win multiple titles straight after...).

Selling DDG, which, again, I don't want as I love having him here, but selling him if he wants to go, and is replaced well, could just tilt Mourinho over the edge of focusing that little bit more on actually scoring goals to ensure winning games.

Maybe another way of looking at my point, for those who are open to it - is that a freakishly good keeper coupled with Mourinho equals Mourinho's default of defensive football becoming more easy for him to fall back on, as we've seen clearly this season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Your logic is absolutely bonkers here mate.

I don’t like that our best player is a goalkeeper... so the best way to remedy that is to sell the goalkeeper rather than improve other areas.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.