De Gea contract talk | Signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

minh_loc_xoay

"Paris is seeking more than ever a world-class guardian (...) the PSG has made an offer for de GEA (...)"
PSG takes the De Gea - Herrera from us. Is it too much for us snatch Rabiot - Veratti from them? (I'm not talking about Neymar or Mbappe, so hopefully that doesn't sound too far-fetched).

AgentP

Let's not drag this on forever. We should tell De Gea to make up his mind within a week. If he wants to leave, sell him for 60m and be done with it. There are some good options out there who might not have De Gea level shotstopping but have a more well-rounded game.

If Herrera is off i'd say there's a good chance its the end for De Gea too. He's perpetually homesick so his best friend leaving isn't going to help.

izec

I find it quite obvious that he wont sign a new contract, unless we give him something extremely ridiculous per week. He rejected already a huge sum, so the money isnt the main issue why this is holding up so long.

The question is sell now or let him go for free. Similar to Herrera, i expect him to not renew, especially if a big club comes in and he has options, which he will have. Losing Herrera, Pogba and De Gea at once wont be nice, but the club is in the mess for a reason and this shouldnt be dragged on.

Seanus

Goodbye and thanks for the memories- get a good fee for him- if he stays I would not be surprised if his poor form continued into next season.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He’s doing my head in. Give him 2 weeks to make up his mind.
24 hours and not a second more:lol:

If he's unsure then we shouldn't go into next season with that hanging over us. Nor should we let him continue being No 1 whilst he runs his contract down and leaves on a free. Instead we should sell and replace with someone else who we can start blooding in the coming season. We'd just be wasting time otherwise.

redmanc

Sell i guess, need to break the cycle of this contract nonsense due to Sanchez rather than prolonging it, unfortunately Dave is a casualty of this :(

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he doesn’t re-sign/get sold this summer, then I hope we give him the same LVG treatment from a few years back.

Basically let him know that if he’s looking to leave on a free he won’t play a single minute during his final season.

joedirt87

Never thought we would lose him to PSG. Madrid sure. Guess he wants to live the good life, getting knocked out of Champions League early and taking an early vacation in April when the French League is sown up.

foolsgold

I'm not stressed if he wants to go, he's had a poor season by his own recent standards.

Sign or go, but let's get it over with

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope we get a decent fee for him and actually spend the money on outfield players rather than spend it on a replacement. Romero and Henderson can fight it out next season.

Judas

Open to offers
Never thought we would lose him to PSG. Madrid sure. Guess he wants to live the good life, getting knocked out of Champions League early and taking an early vacation in April when the French League is sown up.
It’s still a better choice than being here though isn’t it? Being snotty about PSG when you look at the mess we’re in is a bit daft.

Djemba-Djemba

He'd be right near the bottom of players I'd want to leave but it looks inevitable he's off.

He's an incredible shot stopper who has saved us so often, but as time has gone on it's clear he's not the all round keeper people thought he was and he has some pretty major flaws.

His mentality in really big games would be one concern I'd have if I was PSG, he's not really played in many super important games and the ones he has played in he tends to struggle.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He's quite literally saved us from even more embarrassing performances/campaigns in the post-SAF era, and he deserves all manner of thanks and respect for that.

However, in my opinion there isn't a single player on our books we absolutely have to keep going forward, not even him.

The rebuild should start and end with the team, not focus on individual players, regardless of how good they are.

Acole9

Outstanding
Everyone that wants to leave should leave.
Absolutely, I've had enough with speculation hanging over certain players all the time. They always end up leaving eventually anyway, I think we've had the best out of De Gea, he's not going to get any better by going to another club. He might win more trophies and earn a wad of cash though.

cyberman

Going to PSG would show us where his head is at.
That's up with there with staying at Utd a few years ago in terms of not wanting the step up in pressure.

redshaw

I expect him to follow his friend. Probably time for him to change clubs, he'll get guaranteed CL football and one day PSG will get it right in Europe or at least go far.

Would be fine with him staying on a new deal.

Negan

Leaves a lot of space in the area that defenders have to cover because of his refusal to come for literally anything
If our defence had literally any one else between the sticks, they would be conceding more than 63.

Ridiculous the amount of disrespect David is getting just because he’s been off form. The fact that he basically has to be “world class, best keeper in the world” every game is a joke in itself. Alisson doesn’t even have to make a save in some games, let alone make 6 top class saves before one inevitably goes in.

Anyone who thinks De Gea makes Smalling, Jones, Shaw and Young worse needs their head checking. He’s been stacking their clean sheet stats for years.

You’re in for a serious wake up call when we let De Gea leave and replace him with Dean Henderson. If you’re expecting Oblak or somebody, you’re deluded. The Glazers won’t spend.

Steven Seagull

If our defence had literally any one else between the sticks, they would be conceding more than 63.

Ridiculous the amount of disrespect David is getting just because he’s been off form. The fact that he basically has to be “world class, best keeper in the world” every game is a joke in itself. Alisson doesn’t even have to make a save in some games, let alone make 6 top class saves before one inevitably goes in.

Anyone who thinks De Gea makes Smalling, Jones, Shaw and Young worse needs their head checking. He’s been stacking their clean sheet stats for years.

You’re in for a serious wake up call when we let De Gea leave and replace him with Dean Henderson. If you’re expecting Oblak or somebody, you’re deluded. The Glazers won’t spend.
I haven’t disrespected him or said we will improve on him. Knock it off

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

You call somebody's post bollocks and then follow it up with some of your own bollocks.

Good effort :lol:

Sir Scott McToMinay

He was truly fantastic for us, but this contract thing is happening every single year and it’s getting obvious he’s not entirely happy here.
He won’t be missed as much as you suspect.

cyril C

RM has 2 top level keeper, need to offload instead of buying yet 1 more. Barca should be happy with theirs. Only 2 clubs need to improve on their keeper - Juventus and PSG. Juventus always look for out of contract player so unlikely to pay top dollar, only option is PSG, both UTD and DDG know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.