Dead Rising 2

BezsMaracas

It's normally best to do the story missions as soon as they pop up so you don't get stuck like that. Gives you time to collect different weapons / drinks etc if you are struggling as well.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
In the end I managed to get a program that lets me change in game time so I could extend the mission by an hour :smirk: Take that, Dead Rising 2

UBERScholes

Yeah. Good old l33t PC hAxx0rs (?).

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
is time really an issue? I hate to be pushed for time.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
If you hate being pushed for time this isn't the game for you. The whole idea of it is you're trying to manage to get everything done in a set time period. Although if you don't care for saving people you won't be very hard pressed for time with the story missions.

devilish

If you hate being pushed for time this isn't the game for you. The whole idea of it is you're trying to manage to get everything done in a set time period. Although if you don't care for saving people you won't be very hard pressed for time with the story missions.
But how do you balance between side missions and main missions? Is there a trick about that?

thanks for your advice btw

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I don't think I can hold off on my purchase of this. Anywhere cheaper than the £32.93 that The Hut are doing it for (360)?

:lol: @ this

Xander45

But how do you balance between side missions and main missions? Is there a trick about that?

thanks for your advice btw
Your best bet is to do the main story missions straight away, then you usually have a while between them so can get the side stuff done.

You'll still be pretty pressed at times and you might miss a few on your first play through because you've only got the lower running speed. Second time round you should be able to get it all done, a hell of a lot easier than the first in that respect.

Lance Uppercut

I haven't missed a single mission this play through. The time limit is no longer an issue.

UBERScholes

Besides the one issue I like the time limits as well, and I haven't missed any

Annoying how you keep paying survivors to rescue them! Seems every cnut I meet wants money to be saved, included one gimp I had to pay $25,000 to. But keep hitting the atm's with that cattle prod type thing so ain't no thang

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
UBERScholes went from being a nerd to a Compton G in the space of three posts in this thread.

I salute him.

devilish

Your best bet is to do the main story missions straight away, then you usually have a while between them so can get the side stuff done.

You'll still be pretty pressed at times and you might miss a few on your first play through because you've only got the lower running speed. Second time round you should be able to get it all done, a hell of a lot easier than the first in that respect.
thanks again mate

Lance Uppercut

I disposed of the...

Katana Kunts on my second attempt. I bought the plate launcher and broad sword from the pawn shop, after they chopped me good the first time. Walk in the park. Previous to that, I bitch slapped Slappy. TIR makes the SP a whole lot easier.

Level 21 now. I hope I've got a good bit to go. I would also be interested in finding out how much time I've sunk in it so far. A whole lot, I would guess.

If any of you are still on the fence, get the hell off it and buy this.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't bother with missions now, I load the game, kill as many zombies as I like and then turn it off, it's great. I will probably complete it sooner or later but so far I only use it this way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was playing TIR the other day. My mate had a go, did really well and came first with ease. I had a go, thinking it looked easy and was terrible. I got to the final game in last place but fecking hell I ripped the shit out of that last one, my mate just said nothing the whole time as we were so amazed at how well I was doing. Did so well I moved right up to second place and only lost by 100 points. Ridiculously close.

Lance Uppercut

I have missed a few people now. There was one asshole standing on top of slot machines, he kept blathering, and blathering....so I chucked him into the zombie hordes.

I have killed three of the snipers, is there a fourth? It's a bitch finding a way to them.

I think I'm getting close to the end.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There is a fourth. You're probably missing the one on the roof of the cinema.

Lance Uppercut

I can't find him. Is it just me, or does this game get stupidly difficult?

Xander45

Those sniper bastards were the most annoying for me. But they should be easy to find, just walk up and down the entire length of the strip until you either see a health bar or hear gunfire.

It does get harder, mainly because the zombies get more plentiful as you go and the pyschos get more crazy.

Lance Uppercut

Those sniper bastards were the most annoying for me. But they should be easy to find, just walk up and down the entire length of the strip until you either see a health bar or hear gunfire.

It does get harder, mainly because the zombies get more plentiful as you go and the pyschos get more crazy.
I've killed three of them.

It's the masses of blood spurting super zombies that I am having difficulty with.

Lance Uppercut

Just been killed by the army psycho. That is enough for today, I think.

Xander45

Just been killed by the army psycho. That is enough for today, I think.
He is a right pain in the arse, just take a lot of health and hide behind the pillars. He'll shoot at you few times then run and shoot a dead body somewhere. Attack him then with something that hits several times fast and then hide again, rinse and repeat. Having a gun handy is useful as well, just for if you're too far away to get to him in time.

Lance Uppercut

I nearly had him, but I had no food. Guns make it pretty easy, I just wasn't prepared for a boss fight (as usual). I will dispose of him with ease on my next go. I just can't be fecked going hunting for supplies at the minute.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just ran away back to the strip, got some food and ran back, easy.

Lance Uppercut

Right.

I killed Sergeant Asswipe, and now I have to carry that stupid bitch back to the safe house. Unfortunately, the super zombies keep fecking knocking her out of my arms, and that is all she wrote.

Annoying.

Lance Uppercut

Ok, just finished it. However, I think I might have fecked up.

I didn't give Zombrex to T.J (or whatever the feck you call him), and he attacked me before I climbed aboard the rescue chopper with Katy's backpack. Is there a different ending if you give it to him?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ok, just finished it. However, I think I might have fecked up.

I didn't give Zombrex to T.J (or whatever the feck you call him), and he attacked me before I climbed aboard the rescue chopper with Katy's backpack. Is there a different ending if you give it to him?
Yeah you go into a mode called Overtime. I won't spoil it for you in case you want to play it again