Dead Rising 2

Lance Uppercut

Yeah, reckon I might start from my last save and do things a little differently.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Climb up the vending machines to the left of the toy shop.

Lance Uppercut

He regenerates which makes him harder than the others when you can do the Solius chicken run when in difficulty.

How do you get to the people shouting out for help in the food court? I couldn't see a simple way up to them?
There is a candy machine you climb up on, then jump across. If you are facing the guy on the second floor, it is to the left of him. Don't bother until you have killed the Chef, though.

I think I had missed pretty much everyone by the time I encountered that boss (it was all Xander's fault for joining my game and making me piss myself). I was level 7. Rescuing the people I had missed would have bumped me up a bunch of levels, making it a whole lot easier.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
is there an easy way to set your waypoint to 'home' again?

mines doesn't appear to work unless its set on an actual mission so sometimes im manually trying to find my way whilst the people i rescue are being killed

Lance Uppercut

I never managed to work that one out. I just constantly brought up the map and used that to navigate.

Eventually, though, you will become familiar with the area.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
:angel:
could someone pm me some megaupload links for the PC version please ? I've been trying 3 different versions all from french websites and not once I could make it work.Thanks to whoever helps

Lance Uppercut

If you've been busy battering your way through Capcom's zombie hordes with a baguette and a roll of tape, you might want to check out the first Dead Rising 2 DLC pack to arrive on Xbox Live and PSN today.

The 'Skills Pack - Psycho' download costs 160 MS Points on Xbox or £1.59 on PSN, giving Chuck a crazy butcher outfit and making him stronger and deadlier with classic horror movie weapons such as the chainsaws, cleavers, axes and machetes.
News: Dead Rising 2 Psycho DLC released - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
best weapon has to be the sword from the antique shop, chops them right in half or takes the head off them. Brilliant

datura

The knifey-gloves are awesome. The most effective weapon I've had as you get in the shots quickly so useful for the psychos.

I took out the mascot after a fair few failed attempts. Now going to go after that gimp with the chainsaw in the marriage place.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Sooo, how the feck do I...

win the boss battle with the helicopter on the rooftop when it's attached to that crane thing? I can't seem to cause it any damage.
Took me a couple of deaths to figure it out.

Throw things at it when it's lowered. Nearby suitcases and spot lights do the trick.

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
Make sure you throw it into the Rotors though. Two or three of the big metal fences should do the trick. Then be prepared to avoid it swinging the crane and get ready to press the button on the crane to re-lower it

Xander45

Slappy, and you could do it the cheating way like what i did.

Head to the gunshop the other end of the mall and stock up on sniper rifles and shotguns, on the way there grab pizzas from the food shop. Start the fight then hide inside the pawn shop. As he skates past shoot him through the doorway then hide behind the panels when he fires the flamballs at you. After the last shot he stumbles a bit so get another shot or two in. Repeat until dead, boring but effective.

Lance Uppercut

I lured him down to the good food shop, and battered him with a spiked bat. Anytime I was in trouble I ducked in for a steak.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You're just fecking shit Spammy. I did the helicopter no problem.

Xander45

That's what is so annoying about most of the bosses, it's a battle of attrition rather than skill.
This game is all about surviving, you're not supposed to be able to kill the bosses in 5 seconds because you're "skilled". And to be honest there isn't a whole lot of skill involved in this game, it's mainly running and swinging heavy objects. Fun though, and in the end isn't that what really counts :angel:

UBERScholes

I'd find it flattering if someone hard rubbed agai
how do i beat slammy or whatever his name is? the retard mascot with the roller skates and flame throwers?
Another cheaty way to Xander's

Again, go to the gun shop and take some sniper rifles. Then when the fight start,s go into the toy shop when it begins and there's a cot tucked away at the rear of the shop. The mascot won't enter the shop, he can't hit you with the fireballs and you just have to sit there shooting him as he hangs around the front of the shop

datura

how do i beat slammy or whatever his name is? the retard mascot with the roller skates and flame throwers?
You can get the water pistol from the toy shop and shoot him with it when he is skating, it will stun him and you can give him a slap.

You can also just jump kick him and then muller him when he's on the deck and hide in the art gallery when he is shooting the fireballs.

I bought the knifey gloves from the shop on the same floor and they did the business on him when stunned.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If you hate being pushed for time this isn't the game for you. The whole idea of it is you're trying to manage to get everything done in a set time period. Although if you don't care for saving people you won't be very hard pressed for time with the story missions.
thanks mate. I wouldn't have bought the game without your precious advice.

PS the game is awesome.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I just got back to it after not playing it for a while and it's still awesome, I haven't completed it, I'm trying to get my level up to something like 30 so that I will be virtually immortal and able to carry several weapons at the same time. It's going very slowly I don't really care because I don't care about the storyline, I only want to kill as many zombies as possible so even if I get killed I will simply restart the story and go out to hammer some of those feckers.

One of those games that won't ever get boring, I enjoy beating them up with an umbrella while wearing those boxers, then switching to an acoustic guitar. Lovely game. :lol:

As for the bosses, I haven't even got to any of them, when you get killed by one do you have to restart the story to keep level or can you simply continue at your current level?

beardsleybob

I got to the fella on the scramblers about 2 weeks ago, died once and gave up. It got very repetitive very fast. Star wars is waaaay better and I just got fable 3:-D

Eriku

Didn't play the first one... bought it on a whim on me way to the airport in Oslo... Haven't gotten to the lil girl's Zombrex deadline yet, so I'm very early in I assume? It has some weird elements in it, but I guess people's strange and callous responses to each other would be explained by this being a society that seems to be clear on how to deal with the Zombie apocalypse, as if it were any other pandemic, so I'll suspend disbelief... It doesn't hurt that the gameplay's already addicting and I get a visceral kick out of games like this on account of being a giant wuss in certain ways.

I wish I had more hands... so I could give this game four thumbs up. Nah, that'd be premature... but here's hoping :drool: