Deadline Day! | Confirmed Signings in OP

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
If I got it right, the extension is granted to deals that have been agreed upon until the deadline but for which the paperwork bureaucracies weren't completed. Hence why this extenstion to Spurs makes no sense if they end up not announcing anyone.

The Neviller

And what are City playing at? 5 signings on deadline day? Could they not have had any of them done earlier?

Smacks of wanting to be in the limelight for me. "Look at us, dominating deadline day with a feck load of deals".

Ludens the Red

And what are City playing at? 5 signings on deadline day? Could they not have had any of them done earlier?

Smacks of wanting to be in the limelight for me. "Look at us, dominating deadline day with a feck load of deals".
Mancini - spoilt brat. Least we won't have to put up with insufferable press conference after insufferable press conference on him moaning about not being able to sign players. He's become an absolute turd in the last year or so. His irritating voice, continuous jinxing, whinging about signings, not celebrating goals like he's some sort of tough guy, absolute turd.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
How are City in terms of defensive midfielders? I think Javi Garcia's pretty decent at his destructive job, but I thought they'd be covered with more complete midfielders. Does he have any chance of making it to the first XI?

Gee Male

Why have Real Madrid signed Essien on loan? What is the thinking behind that? They must have a million midfielders.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I think it's a good move for Essien.

With his injuries the past few years he'll be happy to be a backup. La Liga is less physical which could help him.

Madrid have got rid of Diarra, Granero and Sahin so Essien could hope to get 20+ games.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Mancini - spoilt brat. Least we won't have to put up with insufferable press conference after insufferable press conference on him moaning about not being able to sign players. He's become an absolute turd in the last year or so. His irritating voice, continuous jinxing, whinging about signings, not celebrating goals like he's some sort of tough guy, absolute turd.
Would love to see Balotelli disrespect him again on live TV.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We have signed Vadis Odjidja-Ofoe on loan with an option to buy from Club Brugge.

Brophs

The One and Only
So Spurs didn't sign Moutinho? So why were they granted an extension then?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Been given decent amount of room in the transfer window with the sale of Rodwell and spent wind sold wisely tbh.

Cahill - On the decline and off the wage bill.
Rodwell - Got a great fee in all honesty and meant we could keep our better players.

Mirallas - Looks like another goal scorer.
Pienaar - Know what you're getting and him with Baines is lethal.
Naismith - Great rotation player to have and likes to drift inside too, as does Pienaar meaning we could play some nice fluid football.
Oviedo - Cover for the left side and will probably become a starter within the next few years if he kicks on.
Kennedy - low fee, no real gamble, could be great.
Ofoe - No idea on his ability but he's Belgian and is cover for midfield.

VoetbalWizard

Been given decent amount of room in the transfer window with the sale of Rodwell and spent wind sold wisely tbh.

Rodwell - Got a great fee in all honesty and meant we could keep our better players.

Naismith - Great rotation player to have and likes to drift inside too, as does Pienaar meaning we could play some nice fluid football.
Oviedo - Cover for the left side and will probably become a starter within the next few years if he kicks on.
you lot will finish above the vermin once more.

However, you will still shit it against them when you play head to head.

Anduin

I hope you lot push the other teams for a top 4 finish, your first XI is quite strong IMHO and you brought a few good squad players in as well. Good job by Moyes...

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I wonder why nobody rates micah anymore. Everytime we play them he does a very good job at fullback.

maicon isn't exactly young though, and he definately isn't the same maicon when mourinho won the CL with them. A defensive liability IMO.
I rate him, and just like you I'm also amazed at how few people seem to rate him on here. He's a beast, and although he has his flaws I think he's a very fine player. If nothing else he'd get ahead of Rafael on the right for us, that's not to say I'd swap the players as I've grown to really like Rafael and naturaly dislike Richards due to him playing for City, but I can't deny that he's a step or two ahead from what we've got.

And I also doubt Maicon will do as great a job as some expect him to, it's not 2009 anymore.

So Spurs didn't sign Moutinho? So why we're they granted an extension then?
They probably though they'd be able to get it done.
Glad that it seems they failed, I mean I like Spurs and everything, but it would really irritate me if they had gotten a hold of Moutinho as well. They already got Dembele, which given different circumstances could've come to us if Fergie wanted to, we sold them what they needed (a striker) and we would've gotten what we need (a midfielder). Top that with the fact that I rate Moutinho very highly and was one of my preffered options if we were to buy a CM and you can understand why I'd be pissed.

So many quality midfielders moved and/or have been available for a move yet we failed to even try and land one.

Man-United

Not many years ago Maicon was the best RB in the world. Has he lost much or is he still quality?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands

Ayee you seem to have done well, Mirallas couldnt have had a better debut! Hope you can do a Newcastle this year, really like Everton and Moyes.

Brophs

The One and Only
They probably though they'd be able to get it done.
Glad that it seems they failed, I mean I like Spurs and everything, but it would really irritate me if they had gotten a hold of Moutinho as well. They already got Dembele, which given different circumstances could've come to us if Fergie wanted to, we sold them what they needed (a striker) and we would've gotten what we need (a midfielder). Top that with the fact that I rate Moutinho very highly and was one of my preffered options if we were to buy a CM and you can understand why I'd be pissed.

So many quality midfielders moved and/or have been available for a move yet we failed to even try and land one.
No, hang on. If the rule is as simple as it was described last night then it allows extensions when you have an agreement which just needs to be formalised. That application must then have been made prior to 11pm. Reducing that sort of contract to writing and signing it simply won't take two hours. So either someone changed their mind or they misled the FA as to where negotiations were.

Cina

Ayee you seem to have done well, Mirallas couldnt have had a better debut! Hope you can do a Newcastle this year, really like Everton and Moyes.
Everton were doing Newcastle's long before Newcastle did their Newcastle

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Not many years ago Maicon was the best RB in the world. Has he lost much or is he still quality?
Basically the season after where people saw him as the best RB in the world. He was great under Mourinho. Can't remember knowing much about him under Mancini.