Deadline day signing predictions

Ekeke

With the current popularity of loan then buy deals going on, I can't see how we can justify not getting 1 more player in. Just get a striker in with some different qualities on loan with a buy fee on the end of it

buchansleftleg

We will be linked with someone super exciting for about 3-4 hours and then we will hear something about unreasonable agent demands or complicated ownership rights.

Nothing will actually happen but we will spin a yarn to earn some clicks.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
No one for us, Giroud will stay. Or we will sell him without replacing, can't put it past us.

Anyone claiming we don't need a striker or creative attacker though, is talking absolute shit

NoPace

With the current popularity of loan then buy deals going on, I can't see how we can justify not getting 1 more player in. Just get a striker in with some different qualities on loan with a buy fee on the end of it
I think we need a RW more than a striker with Rashford out:

James-Martial-RW
-----Pogba-Bruno--
------------Fred---------

could score enough goals to really rack up enough points to sneak into 4th if Chelsea remain inconsistent.

and you can put McTominay or Matic in and drop an attacker if you need in some games. Pogba and Bruno are pretty versatile so shouldn't be a huge issue. And Greenwood's finishing means he might be better up top on a team that can actually get the ball into the final third as opposed to having to try to impact games from RW.

RedDevilRoshi

We will be linked with someone super exciting for about 3-4 hours and then we will hear something about unreasonable agent demands or complicated ownership rights.

Nothing will actually happen but we will spin a yarn to earn some clicks.
That’s what I think is going to happen as well unfortunately.

Ed will then release a statement that the money was there but they ran out of time.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Is Danny Welbeck fit these days? United could be an option.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why is no one trying for Edouard for Celtic. He’s class and would definitely be worth a punt. Looks a class above in Scotland just like a certain VVD did.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why is no one trying for Edouard for Celtic. He’s class and would definitely be worth a punt. Looks a class above in Scotland just like a certain VVD did.
Just like Scott Sinclair did you mean.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I reckon Ed might get us an official toothpaste sponsor.

careca07

Having just watched the Eddie Howe presser this morning I'd expect us to sign Josh King today to be honest

Robin Your Persie

Hasn’t Josh Kong been injured most of this season? Last thing we need is anotheR attacker struggling for fitness.

crossy1686

career ending
Having just watched the Eddie Howe presser this morning I'd expect us to sign Josh King today to be honest
I was kind of hoping this would happen but the Athletic are saying Bournemouth are looking for a striker themselves so they definitely won’t let him go because they’re not looking like they can get one done in time.

Would loaning them Greenwood be a worthwhile risk I wonder?

We can definitely afford to send them Chong and Gomes on loan for 6 months if not.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What did he say?
"Josh is much valued and loved by us and obviously another club has seen how good he is so let's wait and see. He's a massive part of our team.

"He's got unique pace and strength coupled with technical ability and an eye for goal. Speaking as the manager of the club, I'd be very reluctant to lose a player of that quality and the difficulty is, how late it is in the window.

Bobade

Eddie Howe quote -

I’m not going to deny anything you’ve read [about Bournemouth rejecting a bid for King]. Who knows what’s going to happen? Josh is much valued and loved by us and another club has obviously seen how good he is. Speaking as the manager, with a day to go, I would be very reluctant to lose a player of that quality [but] a lot of these things are out of my control. I love him as a player and person. I know what Manchester United means to him with his history with the club. He’s a massive part of out team. He brings that unique pace and strength that he has. He can play an number of positions for us too.

Looks like it could potentially happen.

croadyman

Despite the loan fee and high wage demands can still see someone trying for Cavani before the day is out.

I am surprised we haven't tried to make a late approach for Mertens. My gut feeling on Jovic is that maybe we are looking at him for the summer.

Surely looking at loan options until the summer is better than paying a fee for King. However I am just a fan so probably know nothing about it.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was kind of hoping this would happen but the Athletic are saying Bournemouth are looking for a striker themselves so they definitely won’t let him go because they’re not looking like they can get one done in time.

We can definitely afford to send them Chong and Gomes on loan for 6 months if not.
I think if we really pushed for him we would get him. Would be a different and good option for us.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Sending Greenwood out to get King would be like kneecapping oneself to buy a crutch.