Film Deadpool 2

Sanche7

Nah it was hands down the
baby legs/basic instinct
scene. Audience were in hysterics at my screening. Even though it was pretty much a reboot of a gag they used in the first film.
Yeah that was hilarious too but the I'm Batman bit came out of nowhere and I like the spontaneous stuff more

InfiniteBoredom

just came back from the theater. Hands down the best I've seen so far in 2018. The whole audience was in bits.

Also, how hot is Zazie Beetz? :drool:

muller

just came back from the theater. Hands down the best I've seen so far in 2018. The whole audience was in bits.

Also, how hot is Zazie Beetz? :drool:
Yup. That's one of my main take aways too. Like Valkyrie after Thor Ragnarok..

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Does every thread on here about a film have to come with at least one comment about how "hot" one of the female actors is?

I imagine you guys sat there like Alan Partridge muttering "ooh I'd love to have it off with her"

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Does every thread on here about a film have to come with at least one comment about how "hot" one of the female actors is?

I imagine you guys sat there like Alan Partridge muttering "ooh I'd love to have it off with her"
Lighten up for feck sake

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Ryan Reynolds is pretty fecking hot as well bro, don't cockblock.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
I want to make an extremely graphic comment about Thor's Hammer, but I'm still relatively new here, and unable to carry the social cred to do such things without a ban. BUT USE YOUR IMAGINATION, and plenty of baby oil. :):)

Deleted member 101472

Saw this today, 7/10 movie with not as many funny bits as I had hoped.

The dig at all the old perverts in hollywood was my favourite part, went into a complete fit of the giggles couldn’t control it for a few minutes.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Take your recreational 'offence' to Twitter with the rest of the phoney SJWs.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It was worse than the first film but the first one was so good it couldn't have lived up to it.

Still brilliant and I'm pretty sure Ryan Reynolds was born to play Deadpool.

Norris

Just watched this. Thought it was great. So many great jokes. Some did not work, the one's that did were brilliant.... The ending was very mediocre though, but that post credits scene... :lol:

Sylar

Post credits were great.

The basic instinct/baby legs thing was the funniest scene in the cinema based on reaction
The x force stuff was just so random yet to be expected - it was great.
Lmao at who the Vanisher was. Great short lil cameo

I think some people would have missed a few subtle jokes / one liners cos there wasn't much time to digest it. Not a problem for me though

Really enjoyed the movie. I expect a lot of people would prefer first over this. But glad DP has r rating and 4th wall breaks. Would feel odd without it

Oldyella

The 4th wall stuff was really well done. Wade would go off on a tangent and whoever he was speaking to would just kind of ignore it or look puzzled. Perfect.

Not sure I enjoyed it as much as the first movie, but that's a pretty high bar to get to.

Deleted member 101472

I love that the previews had a lot of alternative scenes to the ones in the actual movie.

fellaini's barber

I love that the previews had a lot of alternative scenes to the ones in the actual movie.
They should keep doing this, or fake whole trailer scenes Infinity War style. Nowadays they make like 10 trailers per movie you begin to wonder if there'll be anything new left to watch

Last edited:

Sylar

Just watched the trailer as I had previously avoided it for jokes to be funnier in the cinema. And yeah, its a cool way of doing it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I went on Friday. Was such a good film. Have to say it was not as funny as the first. But could enjoy this one as there was no need to backstory and had more action.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nah it was hands down the
baby legs/basic instinct
scene. Audience were in hysterics at my screening. Even though it was pretty much a reboot of a gag they used in the first film.
The X-Force team getting slaughtered after jumping out the plane was the comedic highlight of the film with the audience at my showing.

I think they've got to take the jokes and one-liners in a different of modified direction for the third outing, as the need to fill screen time with so many jokes and one-liners that are both new and actually funny, will lead to burnout sooner rather than later. You'd need The Simpsons writers at its apex to keep the humour going at the same clip with no recycling of material - too much to ask of a movie franchise, really.

Fun film. Don't know if it's better than the first.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Some chick on a group i'm in on facebook said that she was in a cinema that was full of 300 people and they only laughed at one scene, I find that very hard to believe.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That Baby legs was fecking brilliant, overall the movie wasn't as good as the first part IMO. Still a decent watch.

Wal2Fra

Really enjoyed it.

Was funny throughout and I feel the story was actually pretty decent considering the film is based around the comedy value.

Some good charecter combinations and twists throught and some brilliantly funny scenes.

Reynolds is the man!

Spoony

The People's President
It's awful second time around. I hope they go back to the formula that made Deadpool so great to watch....next time.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Finally seen it. Haven't had the chance in the last couple of weeks, but I do love seeing a film in a 3/4 empty screening (yet someone still turned up 15 minutes late, predictably).

Great film. Liked it as much as the first one. I was skeptical of Brolin as Cable, as Cable is supposed to be humongous, but he pulled it off. The ending felt like a bit of a cop-out but it didn't take away from the overall enjoyment.

I disagree with those saying they need to tone down the humour. The comics have gotten more and more silly over the course of the last decade or so which coincided with the characters surging popularity, so I'd doubt they're going to go the opposite way with Deadpool on screen. There's more than enough all action superhero stuff. I'd be surprised if Deadpool doesn't continue to be OTT ridiculous. Both films have captured the tone of the comics probably better than any other comic book films have to date.

Did I miss the usual Stan Lee cameo, or did he not do one this time around?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Finally seen it. Haven't had the chance in the last couple of weeks, but I do love seeing a film in a 3/4 empty screening (yet someone still turned up 15 minutes late, predictably).

Great film. Liked it as much as the first one. I was skeptical of Brolin as Cable, as Cable is supposed to be humongous, but he pulled it off. The ending felt like a bit of a cop-out but it didn't take away from the overall enjoyment.

I disagree with those saying they need to tone down the humour. The comics have gotten more and more silly over the course of the last decade or so which coincided with the characters surging popularity, so I'd doubt they're going to go the opposite way with Deadpool on screen. There's more than enough all action superhero stuff. I'd be surprised if Deadpool doesn't continue to be OTT ridiculous. Both films have captured the tone of the comics probably better than any other comic book films have to date.

They had the painting of him on the wall. That was it.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Are you a female? I only ask as talking about how hot females are, is what 99.9% of heterosexual guys do. There’s nothing sinister in it, just boys banter :)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

I agree with it perfectly imaging the comics, But.. It's not doing too well sales wise (compared to the first) and they have to be careful in this regard because once cinematic audiences turn on a franchise, they don't tend to come back, which could be a death knell unless Fox are OK with a modest return per movie.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Good yet disappointing movie. Somehow movie felt a bit lame without a proper antagonist. Came across as a funny popcorn movie, but didn't really have any depth either in story or emotionally. Half as good as Part 1. Thought Firefist was way too similar to Johnny Storm.

Liked Brolin as Cable and more screen time to be given to Juggernaut, such a cool character!

6/10

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I agree with it perfectly imaging the comics, But.. It's not doing too well sales wise (compared to the first) and they have to be careful in this regard because once cinematic audiences turn on a franchise, they don't tend to come back, which could be a death knell unless Fox are OK with a modest return per movie.
I'd read on Forbes it was predicted to be just about in-line with where the first film was by the end of the 2nd weekend after release. The same article says they predict it will be the biggest selling comedy sequel of all time by the end of it's run in theatres, passing The Hangover Part 2.

Perhaps the long-term mistake was to not have him part of the MCU. That's been a major part of the success of Marvel movies and the lesser known characters (prior to their movies being made) like Ant-Man, having characters lead their own movie, and then have them as supporting characters in Civil War, Infinity War etc. Those who don't like Deadpool's humour as much as others could probably enjoy it more if he was used a little more sparingly. The options for doing that with the platform they've created with Deadpool is a bit minimal, unless they use the time-travelling thing they showed at the end of D2 and revisit the X-Force and do an X-Force title properly, but it's still a smaller platform than the MCU has, and doesn't have the pull of the big names. I'd be surprised if we get more than 4 Deadpool-led films in total. As a huge fan of the character, I'd like them to not overdo it, 3 or 4 films would be enough, rather than turning in to some long-running predictable franchise like The Fast and the Furious or whatever.

Kapardin

10/10. Was absolutely hilarious from start to finish.

The DC gags and the whole X-Force shit had me in splits. Brad Pitt and Matt Damon though, blink and miss.:lol: