Film Deadpool 2

Sylar

Does it have joke spoilers in it? (or new ones). Im tempted not to watch it and would rather laugh at punchlines in the cinema :)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Does it have joke spoilers in it? (or new ones). Im tempted not to watch it and would rather laugh at punchlines in the cinema :)
Normally I don't watch trailers but I assume a lot of the jokes on these trailers might not be in the movie.

vangagal

He is mocking Marvel and DC left right and center but still saying respect to Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. If Hugh Jackman ever comeback as Wolverine in MCU, Deadpool better be on it.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
How the feck did they get Beckham on board?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I love every single bit of promotional stuff for both Deadpool movies. Very funny.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Ryan Reynolds, Josh Brolin and David Beckham on Graham Norton tonight. Could be good.

Sylar

Anybody booked tickets? Im watching it tomorrow after work and cant wait.

(I think it releases tomorrow?)

muller

Fed up at work today, booked tomorrow off and some tickets for this.

Cannot wait, the first was incredible and this one seems on par. Marketing leading up to it has been awesome.

Leg-End

I liked it a lot, I think it took a little while to get going but once it did it was great.

Sylar

Deadpool is great
Only works due to the rating

Will give full thoughts later lol

air_mood

So many awesome references. Even the background music during one scene was a reference to the background music on another movie.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It's as good as the first one. After credits scenes are especially funny.

I do hope they leave a long enough gap between films though or it will get tired pretty quick.

Member 39557

It was good, very similar in tone to the first one. At times it felt like it tried a bit too hard to be funny and overall, I think I preferred the first one.
The post credit scenes were funny, and listen hard to the music during the fight scenes towards the end as the song was funny.

Spoony

The People's President
It was good, very similar in tone to the first one. At times it felt like it tried a bit too hard to be funny and overall, I think I preferred the first one.
The post credit scenes were funny, and listen hard to the music during the fight scenes towards the end as the song was funny.
I thought Reynolds over did the one liners. I liked D2 but it seemed a tad too forced. I think they should tone down the wise cracks next time around...and not have the whole film centred around it.

Member 39557

I thought Reynolds over did the one liners. I liked D2 but it seemed a tad too forced. I think they should tone down the wise cracks next time around...and not have the whole film centred around it.
I agree. If they get a third outing, toning it down a notch or two and focusing on quality over quantity would be a better direction.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah and from watching Reynolds in interviews it's becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference between him and the character. I get the impression it must be exhausting trying to be funny all the time.

If every movie is just going to be breaking the 4th wall, meta textual pop culture referencing it will get old fast. Hopefully they craft a better story in the next one before that happens.

Andersons Dietician

Not sure how I feel about it. It was more Green lantern than Deadpool 1 maybe. It had one seriously funny moment but the rest of it was just meh. Still enjoyable just not as good as the first one.

I've never seen a film so heavily marketed before, its everywhere you turn. Is it actually any good? I like Ryan Reynolds but the whole thing feels a bit forced now.

muller

Saw it, loved it.

First one was a 9.5, this was a 9.4. The dream team though, wow.

Also, Domino is an awesome character.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Just watched it. The writing, deliveries were really funny.

But unfortunately, there were too many funny one-liners, too quickly that you never get a chance to appreciate it each one of them before another hits you.

Sanche7

Felt a bit disjointed. The story was not the main focus but a means to deliver the jokes.
It felt like a Family Guy episode, loads of jokes and one liners but at the end very little story.
And the ending was funny initially but they stretched it out too much.
The post credits scene was very funny though.
The funniest bit for me was the 'I'm Batman' part.