Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maureen-yo

How do you guys see his chances for the next three England games now? This run and Pickfords injury will certainly give Southgate something to think about.
Pope will be first choice I think, hasn’t he recently leaned towards Pope rather than Henderson when Pickford isn’t about?

LJJT

Number 1 for me. Defence is more solid, players play higher up the pitch because he gets off his line. Comes off his line, brave, good shot stopper

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He's been great, but I can't shake a feeling that once De Gea resumes full training he's gonna be displaced as first choice.

dogwithabone

I’m not sure he’s technically a better keepe than DDG but aside from actually keeping the ball out of the net he does seem more confident and a bit more comfortable dealing with certain situations. I think he just edges it.

George Beast

He should absolutely not be dropped. This game should have solidified that decision.

Wittmann45

Really good run so far, one thing that concerns me though is that when he makes saves, he either doesn't hold onto the ball or he parries it right back into a danger zone instead of either out of play or off to the side. Did it tonight a couple times but luckily Lindelof was in a good position.

I think he deserves to play over DDG, I just don't know if he is the long term solution to the GK issues.

Swiss_Red89

Pope will be first choice I think, hasn’t he recently leaned towards Pope rather than Henderson when Pickford isn’t about?
Yes Pope seemed to be the number 2 this season. But that was when Henderson was warming our bench, so understandably. Now we have a different situation, Henderson played a fair amount of football in the last 2-3 months and is about to cement himself als ManUniteds number one. I don't believe that Soutghate sees Pope as his long term keeper.

I feel he deserves to start at least one of the three matches.

Still strikes me as a decent to good keeper. Nothing special, but fairly solid. I do worry about his handling, doesn't feel secure to me.
Surely his handling is his best attribute from these last few games? I can’t remember him flapping or dropping a ball.

R'hllor

Even if he aint better keeper, still wouldnt move him on a side when DDG returns.

Eugenius

Looked very close to repeating the same mistake from the first leg on the Zlatan chance.

Brings a lot of positives vs DDG, but still looks to be a fairly technically flawed goalkeeper. Which will eventually get targeted.

Zoo

He communicates really well and is a bit mad like a lot of keepers but I definitely think that Maguire and Lindelof look happier with him.

united for life

good game today. Definitely gives ole something to think about. But I guess some fans are getting carried away with thinking he’ll relegate de gea to the bench. I would love for henderson to prove himself as a first choice goal keeper, this would mean we’ve found our keeper for the next 8-10 years maybe, however, he still needs to improve certain aspects of his game such as handling and punching the ball sideways (not back into the box). Hope these are things he’s working on in training.

lex talionis

Very pleased with Hendo. There’s room for improvement, but we’re seeing that improvement every match.

AKDevil

Still strikes me as a decent to good keeper. Nothing special, but fairly solid. I do worry about his handling, doesn't feel secure to me.
Not De Gea’s biggest fan by any stretch but have to say his holding of shots prevents a lot of problems.

good game today. Definitely gives ole something to think about. But I guess some fans are getting carried away with thinking he’ll relegate de gea to the bench. I would love for henderson to prove himself as a first choice goal keeper, this would mean we’ve found our keeper for the next 8-10 years maybe, however, he still needs to improve certain aspects of his game such as handling and punching the ball sideways (not back into the box). Hope these are things he’s working on in training.
Agree, technically he has weaknesses as you’ve outlined. His command of the area and his anticipation are strengths, and relative weaknesses of DDG, but likewise his handling is nowhere near good enough thus far.

classic case of if you could combine the two players, we would have an outstanding keeper.

I hope he’s working on those aspects as well. He’s young for a keeper.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's still only 24 which is incredibly young for a keeper. I'm in the strange position where I don't really mind who we have in goal. If he decides to stick with Hendo then I'm all for it, and if he puts DDG back in I'm fine with that too.

laughtersassassin

Big game from him. Proper fight between himself and De Gea now.

Honestly if we could get cash for DE Gea selling might not be a bad idea to boost what we can do in the transfer window in other area.

always_hoping

His save tonight on the Ibrahimovic header made up for his error in the 1st leg. Be interesting to see will he start v Leicester or Ole will opt for DeGea?

He's still only 24 which is incredibly young for a keeper. I'm in the strange position where I don't really mind who we have in goal. If he decides to stick with Hendo then I'm all for it, and if he puts DDG back in I'm fine with that too.
glad there is someone else.

we don’t have to pick sides, and slag off the other one!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
That save, whilst initially looked good on telly, given the jitters. Few degrees away from palming into his own net again. Carbon copy of the type save he attempted to make in the first leg.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Another good game from Henderson. I feel safe with every cross, set-piece, or corner.

city-puma

I really like how he positions himself and prepares to get off the line quickly.

Stormrage101MUFC

I feel a lot more comfortable when we're defending set-pieces (and defending in general, to be honest) when Henderson is in goal.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
decent save from a similar situation to last week's goal.
i still think DDG is number 1 regardless of the stats, but if he's not making errors like that then the margin is thin enough.

Red00012

It was such a relief to have a goalie coming off his line in the dying minutes to help see out a game.
It’s something as easy as collecting a cross like that is the difference between qualifying and going out. Does DDG come for this it’s unlikely which leads to nervy times trying to clear the ball.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
His assurance is unreal. De Gea might end up a better shot stopper, but the confidence and communication he brings, makes a huge difference. Can play a higher line - Maguire and Lindelof look more confident also.

he simply has to play rest of season. As I said, may not necessarily be a worldie - but an assured and very solid keeper is worth way more to us than a shot stopper who tends to stay on his line

laughtersassassin

No Joke but I think Deano is the reason that a CB signing is falling down the list in terms of importance.

Maguire Lindelof look way better with him claiming a few crosses and coming out to cut out through balls.

If it's Deano in goal a CDM and Attacker are way more important.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
His assurance is unreal. De Gea might end up a better shot stopper, but the confidence and communication he brings, makes a huge difference. Can play a higher line - Maguire and Lindelof look more confident also.

he simply has to play rest of season. As I said, may not necessarily be a worldie - but an assured and very solid keeper is worth way more to us than a shot stopper who tends to stay on his line
No question DDG is & will always be a better shot stopper; conversely, like you say, the solidity Henderson creates with his back four will always be better than what DDG will ever do. As keepers, their DNA is just different. And right now, it’s safer to have solidity on defense than a superior shot stopper.

AaronRedDevil

I’m definetly getting more and more into the idea of Henderson being the main gk. He looks more dominant and isn’t Affraid of the ball to collect which I good to see. but there’s still one thing I want to know that he can do. Make an amazing save. Ever since he started a lot of the shots were easy to save or at least directed at him. Like De Gea has made an insane amount of incredible saves over the years. I need to know can he do that in a united shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.