Dean Henderson loan watch I Sheffield United 2018-19

GBBQ

Trust me, he has. Watch any of his interviews and you’ll see that mentally he’s fine. He’d back himself to play for United now. His self belief is through the roof. In fact he has so much that he will rub people up the wrong way. As long as you deliver, you can get away with it.
Not saying it wont happen but you can't ignore the step up and the scrutiny. Look at Karius, this interview below is from a year ago where he was cementing his place as number 1 for Liverpool, and would go on to be a keeper for the champions legaue fina; where he fell apart and is now struggling at Besiktas. You can have Nicolas Bendtner levels of self belief and then just implode like, well, Nicolas Bendtner.

There is a reason why there are very few elite keepers out there, its impossible to maintain that high level for most and you're in a position that has no room for error. If a striker misses 3 sitters but scores a winning goal all is forgiven. If a keeper makes 3 great saves and lets in a soft goal to lose the match, they're the scape goat.

I am all for having the next long term goalkeeper already on our books but there's many obstacles before we get to that point and talk of binning DeGea is premature to say the least.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...king-number-one-jersey_sto6666161/story.shtml

AKDevil

Not saying it wont happen but you can't ignore the step up and the scrutiny. Look at Karius, this interview below is from a year ago where he was cementing his place as number 1 for Liverpool, and would go on to be a keeper for the champions legaue fina; where he fell apart and is now struggling at Besiktas. You can have Nicolas Bendtner levels of self belief and then just implode like, well, Nicolas Bendtner.

There is a reason why there are very few elite keepers out there, its impossible to maintain that high level for most and you're in a position that has no room for error. If a striker misses 3 sitters but scores a winning goal all is forgiven. If a keeper makes 3 great saves and lets in a soft goal to lose the match, they're the scape goat.

I am all for having the next long term goalkeeper already on our books but there's many obstacles before we get to that point and talk of binning DeGea is premature to say the least.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...king-number-one-jersey_sto6666161/story.shtml
Oh of course, not binning De Gea. No chance. Wasn’t endorsing that. Just in long term Henderson will probably deserve a shot. He carries himself like someone who could do the job. Got an arrogance about him that is just on the right side of the line but means people will also be waiting for him to make mistakes and give him no sympathy when he does.

Revan

Assumptionman
Oh of course, not binning De Gea. No chance. Wasn’t endorsing that. Just in long term Henderson will probably deserve a shot. He carries himself like someone who could do the job. Got an arrogance about him that is just on the right side of the line but means people will also be waiting for him to make mistakes and give him no sympathy when he does.
Not sure. De Gea likely has another 4-5 years before he will start regressing. Dean Henderson likely join some other team in the next 4-5 years.

centreback

One scenario might be that we send him on a two-year loan to Sheffield United and monitor his progression. Could end up in a situation where Henderson looks ready to make the step up, and we look into selling De Gea while his value is at it's highest.

deafepl

I think De Gea's renewal contract may give Henderson hope if Dea Gea refuses to sign, demanding 350k+ or he will leave. Romero would be a soild goalkeeper for us if De Gea left in summer and making room way for Dean Henderson to take up as deputy goalkeeper/rolation.

cathari

That doesn't mean he has the right mentality, it helps of course but I mean composure in games too. Pickford is an extremely confident player but makes big errors. Henderson played one game in the u20 World Cup and made a big error in that.
What's probably even more important for a goalkeeper is how he handles making those mistakes. If you start digging, you'll struggle getting back up during the game. That's one of De Gea's biggest attributes, I'd say.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
How is his distribution?
Just checked Whoscored. Hard to assess given Sheffield United don't really build from the back. For example:

Dean Henderson - 167 short passes. But the top 5 goalkeepers have over 400 short passes, Sam Johnson with by far the most in 531. Hendo has a 98% accuracy but thats not uncommon.

His long range passing accuracy isn't great though. It's the lowest accuracy from 23 players I looked at, he's got 28%, the average of those 23 is 36% and the highest on 45%.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just checked Whoscored. Hard to assess given Sheffield United don't really build from the back. For example:

Dean Henderson - 167 short passes. But the top 5 goalkeepers have over 400 short passes, Sam Johnson with by far the most in 531. Hendo has a 98% accuracy but thats not uncommon.

His long range passing accuracy isn't great though. It's the lowest accuracy from 23 players I looked at, he's got 28%, the average of those 23 is 36% and the highest on 45%.
I checked Sheffield United forum few weeks ago, someone mentioned that he’s good with his feet which allows them to play from the back, his stop shooting or reflexes is PL level, but they don’t think he’s good enough in his handling.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I said it in a other thread today he must play top-flight football next season....with Sheffield United in the Premier League, a new club in the Premier League or abroad.....he's too good for the Championship.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Sticking it to the scum fans after getting paedo chants aimed at him throughout the game.

7th straight clean sheet too.

deafepl

I'd be not worried if De Gea is leaving as long as we sort out our defence, we can place faith in Henderson to be No.1 for us in future as well as for England. English and academy graduates :drool:

izec

Would be sad if he wasnt here in the future, United player right here. Working up his way through the lower leagues with top performances and mentality

Raw

I think he'd do well for us. Unfortunately for him we have De Gea, and he won't be happy being number 2 for years under him.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Definitely deserves a shot if De Gea leaves or keeps messing us about with his new contract.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Read that he had coins thrown at him as well as the chants during the first half.
To play really well whilst being targeted by the crowd shows he's a big character.
It's tough to be a keeper at United given we have De Gea, but I have a lot of faith in Henderson at the moment.

sam147

I think he'd do well for us. Unfortunately for him we have De Gea, and he won't be happy being number 2 for years under him.
On the other hand, fortunately for him De Gea is running his contract down for the second time and this rate he will be our starting keeper next season.

The Purley King

If he really is as promising as people say he is then perhaps de Gea can go to Madrid and it wouldn’t be completely disastrous.
There are stories now that zidane wants de gea as he dropped courtois for his first game back.
Not as scared of that as I would have been a year or two ago

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yep. I mean if de gea wanted to go this time, I would let him. He’s been professional since the Madrid move collapse. Having someone like Henderson on the books, performing well, I’d be happy to have Romero for a season with a view for Henderson to become no 1.

Based Adnan

Some rival fans faked some snapchat or something claiming he was sending shit to a 14 year old. Nothing ever came of it because it obviously wasn't true. But of course he'll be called a pedo by idiots forever now.
Pretty disgusting thing to do, especially to a young lad starting his career cause that shite sticks.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
You need to do what we did with Courtois and loan him to a big club for 2 seasons to keep him happy. He’s been very good everytime I’ve seen him, easily better than a lot of Prem keepers. Future England number 1 IMO, he’s got everything you’d want for a Keeper.

PoTMS

We've got a gem here. Will soften the blow off Dave leaving. Quite happy to let Romero take over the reigns for next season and then give it to Henderson season after, who will hopefully have gained a years experience in the PL by then (with Sheffield United).

Based Adnan

Really rate this kid. Not only has he got the ability but he's also got the personality.

Thiagoal

Made one world class save yesterday! Deserves a shot at being our number 1 when DDG inevitably leaves

Nero

How is his distribution and coming off his line?