Dean Henderson | Nottingham Forest loan watch

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Anyone even bothering to factor in that Henderson is playing with what cannot exactly be described as the greatest defence in the PL? The more shots at him, the more he is likely to let in, surely. I once played in a cup game where (no joke) the opposition (four divisions above us) had something approaching 50 shots at me. We lost 7-3. We had three shots on target. tell me which keeper performed worse...

As for those here saying DDG has improved, sorry but I don't see it. For me, if, as seems very likely, the club has decided against Henderson, OK. But then we need to go out and spend money.

Lyng

Anyone even bothering to factor in that Henderson is playing with what cannot exactly be described as the greatest defence in the PL? The more shots at him, the more he is likely to let in, surely. I once played in a cup game where (no joke) the opposition (four divisions above us) had something approaching 50 shots at me. We lost 7-3. We had three shots on target. tell me which keeper performed worse...

As for those here saying DDG has improved, sorry but I don't see it. For me, if, as seems very likely, the club has decided against Henderson, OK. But then we need to go out and spend money.
If anything having many shots to stop should improve his overall percentage. Dean is shite. And a bit of a cnut.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
From a Forest point of view, he isn’t getting much help from the team in terms of stopping the long range shots happening. Our biggest issue is his distribution. He’s not great with his feat and slow to get the ball out. A lot of our counters last year were set up by Brice Samba‘s awareness and ability to kick the ball accurately 40+ yards quickly. As we are shipping goals for fun anyway I’d have Brice back tomorrow.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
From a Forest point of view, he isn’t getting much help from the team in terms of stopping the long range shots happening. Our biggest issue is his distribution. He’s not great with his feat and slow to get the ball out. A lot of our counters last year were set up by Brice Samba‘s awareness and ability to kick the ball accurately 40+ yards quickly. As we are shipping goals for fun anyway I’d have Brice back tomorrow.
I'm surprised Brice wanted to leave.

Anyway, Henderson could have done better with the goal last night. He dived in slow motion.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He seems like a person who would groan very loudly when someone he doesn't know does something he doesn't like, like wearing socks and sandals, lip smacking while eating, etc.

Idxomer

From what I've seen, Samba was one of your most important players last season and he seems to be doing really well with Lens.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
From what I've seen, Samba was one of your most important players last season and he seems to be doing really well with Lens.
He’s a brilliant character but VAR would pickup too much of his shithousing In the Prem. One of the best sweeper keepers around.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
NFO had decent second keeper in Olsen. Only matter of time when Henderson will find himself on his best position.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Speculation on your behalf. That was a great shot that swerved (did it get a deflection?). A difficult shot for any keeper.

Red00012

He seems like a person who would groan very loudly when someone he doesn't know does something he doesn't like, like wearing socks and sandals, lip smacking while eating, etc.
He’d start banging on the ground WWF style

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As much as I think henderson is shite, yeah that wasn't one i'd expect him to save.

He's unsighted and the shot had a lot of power behind it. Even if he managed to get across and get a hand to, doubt he'd tip it around.

Certainly is a worrying trend for him though. If you didn't know his reputation and he was a United player, you'd think he's a bang average championship keeper.

Abraxas

Seems like any time a goal goes in its always his fault no matter how good the strike was. You'll have people saying "a bigger keeper saves it" or "his positioning is wrong" as if they know the first thing about goalkeeping positioning and don't just base it off the shot going in. Seems to be the most common throwaway analysis on keepers.

The problem is it's very hard to make a compelling case that he should have or shouldn't have saved a shot like that, it's not like a striker missing a sitter. I'd just say it's not a very good example of anything because Young rockets it in, it's a very good goal and that should be it really, sometimes you have to just credit the strike.

Oranges038

Funny thing is. His goalkeeping stats while playing for a bottom side in Forest are roughly similar to DDG's whilst playing for Utd who are 5th.

Anyway, was watching this the other day and Hognob reminded me of him.

lsd

The Oracle
A long range shot that isn't in the corner is savable in my opinion and a lot of the goals he has conceded. They haven't been in the corner nor have they been absolute rockets and nor was he unsighted.

His reactions have never been great

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

:lol: :lol:

With friends in the press like this, who needs fans
Tbf, this hasn't much to do with Henderson having friends in the media. This isn't journalism, it's advertising. A completely see-through, and probably paid, attempt at promoting John Harrison's data company. The piece just uses Henderson as a controversial figure at the moment. Even the conclusion seems to reflect the posts on SM or in this thread: "He should be doing better, but it's not as bad as you believe". The more i think about it, the more i come to the conclusion that his summer interview was a genius move. I struggle to remember another footballer as mediocre as him who drew so much attention to himself.

avgp_1

Even the PSxG-GA (-3.0) doesn't make it a good reading for Henderson. Outside of the penalty saves earlier in the season, his performances have been rather poor.

Oldbird7

"Proper analysis"
Haha precisely, this John Harrison got lucky with the domain of goalkeeper.com and suddenly some jokers on here treat his word like the gospel truth.

Sure he's probably a brilliant mathematician but that doesn't mean he makes a good goalkeeper analyst. I mean somethings you just can't translate into digits

nakpodiareuben

I am sure we have seen the last of Henderson. He went on loan and the next thing he was talking about is negative vibe about OGS and UNITED. He seemed to forget that he is still a united player. Notthigham will be relegated and he will end up playing in the championship. Same with Bailey.

city-puma

In this rate, he probably will rank no 1 for saves by the end of the season. Forest has to solidify their system and construct a right team as soon as possible, otherwise, they will need miracles to survive.

Nero

Clip of him trying to control the ball and it cannoned out for a corner?

RedOrange

Henderson fans and haters alike will be happy with that match as he played well and also got smashed in the pills.

Gordon S

Henderson fans and haters alike will be happy with that match as he played well and also got smashed in the pills.
Honestly haven´t figured out why anyone would hate him? I feel like i missed something pretty big..?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Honestly haven´t figured out why anyone would hate him? I feel like i missed something pretty big..?
It's a combination of a few things.

He does come across as quite arrogant. Some people feel it's completely unwarranted and his quality doesn't back up his mentality.

The rumours of him being a dressing room leak to the media.

Some people who feel De Gea is still a very top keeper and are very quick to jump on the negatives of anybody else who is being compared to him. There's a definite link between some of De Gea's biggest fans also being some of Henderson's biggest critics.

Abraxas

You haven't missed anything big at all. Mountains getting made out of molehills. It's all very hysterical and slightly weird in my opinion.

The best situation for us is he does well. You would think that should override the glee when he puts in a bad performance, but apparently not.

Herman Toothrot

No big mystery, is it? He's obviously a bit of prick. So is Bruno, but he plays for us Henderson doesn't. This doesn't normally ever apply to players on loan but he needlessly went out of his way to make it happen.

I don't think anyone hates him. It's not like Rashford, one of our actual (best) players who people here genuinely hate, though I suspect at least half of them read The Mail, Express and Sun and their opinions have nothing to do with football.